• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

GHB/1,4-B/GBL Discussion and use- Part II

Has anyone had the issue with blowing out then when they wake up again they can't not see properly for about 30 - 40 minutes? I have found that whenever I've been blowing out lately I get really bad blurred vision and I can't focus for about 30 minutes or more....

Nah i usually wake up wide awake, have another charge, and do it again... lol.. well in my younger days anyway...

oh, god right now i could go for some g.. dunno wtf i was thinking to do some meth last night...

A friend of mine managed to get some GHB powder, from the taste of it i'd say is Na.GHB
What we're scratching our heads over is what the standard dilution is for dosing accurately. 1ml GBL = ~1.6g NaGHB so we were thinking 1.6g/ml so the dosages (in mls) would be the same as those quoted for GBL.
I'm a little hesitant to go on peoples dosage recommendations for GHB without knowing what they're dilution ratio is. People say 2-2.5mls is good but that could be 2-2.5g or 3.2-4g depending on whether its 1g/ml or 1.6g/ml
I would just go by erowid dosages but they dont say whether the weights are for GHB, Na.GHB, K.GHB, etc

What concentration is Na.GHB usually diluted to?

Last edited:
is there any cross tolerance with mdma? what if 3ml gbl was taken and the following day wanted MDMA? would gbl dopamine rebound coused less intense roll? and if there is some crosstolerance - how long between gbl and mdma to have proper experience?thks.

^ I have no experience or great knowledge of the exact pharmacology of MDMA or GBL but I am pretty sure GBL only affects GABA where MDMA affects serotonin mainly and a little bit of dopamine and a few others. I don't think there would be ANY cross tolerance whatsoever. I also think unless you have a reasonable tolerance to GBL or it has been diluted a bit then 3ml is probably going to be a large dose for you and you might even blow out.

G has some dopaminergic activity, thus why it has a stimulatory effect with it's depressant effects.

MDMA and G are not cross-tolerant, you won't have any trouble rolling the day after G use - but i daresay this - save the g for after ;) you'll appreciate it more.

A friend of mine managed to get some GHB powder, from the taste of it i'd say is Na.GHB
What we're scratching our heads over is what the standard dilution is for dosing accurately. 1ml GBL = ~1.6g NaGHB so we were thinking 1.6g/ml so the dosages (in mls) would be the same as those quoted for GBL.
I'm a little hesitant to go on peoples dosage recommendations for GHB without knowing what they're dilution ratio is. People say 2-2.5mls is good but that could be 2-2.5g or 3.2-4g depending on whether its 1g/ml or 1.6g/ml
I would just go by erowid dosages but they dont say whether the weights are for GHB, Na.GHB, K.GHB, etc

What concentration is Na.GHB usually diluted to?

Usually 1g/ml.

the dosing is more accurate this way - and G on the streets in AU is commonly 1,4-b, which is equipotent with that ratio.

thanks - i meant 3ml in total. will be doing either 3x1ml or 2x1,5ml.
thanks for advices and good weekend to all :)

How long apart will you space each dose? Also are you male or female and of small or large build? These things all need to be taken into account when dosing G....

If I took 3mL straight up I would come pretty darn close to blowing out and I've got a half decent tolerance to the stuff.

Effects of GHB/GBL/1,4-B on the clubbing scene

Hiya, So recently (as some of you may kno) a club in melbourne has been getting itself in a fair bit of trouble because, surprise surprise, our dear rave-killing friend GHB.

i have heard the government is holding the club completely accountable for this problem, and as a result they have banned pretty much 90% of the white people who go there. regular or not, juicehead or not, whether they've caused trouble or not, if they even look slightly like a juicehead, or affiliate with them at all they're out.

isn't there something else they can do though? the cops have definitely put pressure on them (rumours of lawsuits abound....) but i am wondering how can a club stop GHB use within its walls?
are there reasonable steps that a club can go through to stop this problem, without banning a vast majority of its regular patrons?

i would hope that the cops would offer some constructive strategies instead of just saying "its your fault, if it happens again ur screwed," but alas i dont think there are any.....

just really sad about this, as this club has been my home away from home for nearly 4 years now. what would you do about it if you were the clubs manager? i sure dont know....

and legit if some mod comes in and says a thread about stopping people blowing out at clubs isn't harm reduction and closes this i'm gonna poo my pants and consider this forum ruined just like the rave scene.

Once a club gets a reputation like that, there's often not a whole lot they can do.

One rave venue in adelaide recently died off, and I'd say the fact that it developed a reputation for sketchiness/underagers was a huge part of that, its name became synonymous with a lot of what's bad about the rave scene (although mismanagement probably didn't help) in the end they just had to shut down completely. Now they're doing a few months of renovation and re-opening with a new name and hopefully a clean slate. I'd say the venue you're talking about will probably have to do the same, ultimately. Once a club is attracting a crowd they don't want to that extent, it's usually too late to just start banning them.

Of course, it raises the wider question of why there's such a culture of reckless GHB abuse in the melbourne scene to begin with. Even before MDMA died out melb was having these problems, and Sydney doesn't have a fraction of the issues with GHB despite it being quite prominent in the scene there as well.

Reckon this will get closed regardless. But it is a big issue currently for the rave scene around melbourne and other parts of the country.

I put it down to people just being idiots. Some of the stories I've heard regarding irresponsible use of this crap is just nothing short of a braindead act.

Just a pity that the few who choose to use it are generally rather prone to doing stupid things, and being stupid when it comes to this crap always ends in disaster.

If they had any respect for themselves and the rest of us that it in-advertantly affects (and not just in terms of picking up unconcious people off the ground, the amount of events we've lost because of these idiots is crazy) I'm sure they'd cease use and get their act together, but people just dont care =\

The depressing truth, I'm thinking crankinit has hit the nail on the head.

Maybe change the thread title to something a little more HR orientated? I feel this issue deserves discussion and can be done in terms of HR. Maybe something along the lines of "Irresponsible GHB usage ruining venues/events"

Last edited:
I have a feeling this problem is gonna pop in Adelaide very soon.

Due to the lack of good pills and people getting bored of meth, GHB is becoming more prominent.

Maybe change the thread title to something a little more HR orientated? I feel this issue deserves discussion and can be done in terms of HR. Maybe something along the lines of "Irresponsible GHB usage ruining venues/events"

Done. Let's see if anyone can offer up any useful ideas about how to reverse the situation? I don't know how big the fanta scene is in Brisbane but I've seen people thrown out of clubs since ~ 2003 for closing their eyes and nodding their heads for a minute or so. I hadn't encountered any before 1999 though.

I guess it's a bigger issue down south and several prominent events like Kryal Castle have been canned because of it yeh? I can see why it's an attractive alternative to pills when MDMA is so scarce and sniffer dogs are so common at events now though. It's just a shame people obviously aren't encouraged to use it responsibly, measuring doses accurantely (come on syringes are free after all) and not mixing it with other depressants like alcohol.

Last edited:
\
I guess it's a bigger issue down south and several prominent events like Kryal Castle have been canned because of it yeh?

It has become a massive issue down here. Seems just about anyone and everyone has at least tried it these days, if not blown out and had some horrific story to go with it.

We've lost kryal and Trance energy, as well as it having deterred other big events from coming our way such as Defqon which are all a big loss to the scene.

Probably heaps more but I cant recall right now.

Something I've never actually seen though is a proper thread with all relevant info regarding safe usage etc laid out for all to see?

Probably exists but I've never looked so I cant say.

Clearly a big chunk of users dont know how to or just wont use safely or else things wouldnt have gotten to this stage =\

Something I've never actually seen though is a proper thread with all relevant info regarding safe usage etc laid out for all to see?

Probably exists but I've never looked so I cant say.

Clearly a big chunk of users dont know how to or just wont use safely or else things wouldnt have gotten to this stage =\

unfortunately L3 im not so sure there is a safe way to do it. granted i indulge myself, but its such a hard thing to guage, especially from person to person.
my girlfriend's heart stopped and she had to be shocked back (or whatever you call them shock paddle things) and that was off of 3 ml. i've eaten 4.5 in my first charge and been fine, so it varies so much.

i think the only safe usage advice on G is you can never have enough, and you've always had too much :\

This was a big problem here in Florida, we had some AWSOME clubs / After hour joints. I remember walking around and there were people in G Holes EVERYWHERE! The club owners always take the brunt whether they like it or not and it sucks. Do not get me wrong, I have met some shady people running some of the Venues, i.e. turning off the water in the bathroom, pushing drugs on everyone that walks in, etc.... The only way to change it is for US / all the club goers to b more responsible, will this happen?? Who knows? I have had so much fun responsibly "if you consider taking drugs responsible". On another note, I think the Florida population learned their lesson with G. You do not c it much anymore, we had a rash of deaths / incidents in the late 90's / early 2000's.

I'm totally confused by this drug, has been popular in my area for a while and am tempted to try. I've been told by friends who have done it heavily for years that if you are careful with dosage you will never have a problem, yet it has a very bad rep and can kill. Should i try or not?