• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

Ive recently been prescribed gabapentin as a mood stablizer. Im supposed to take 1 three times a day, but it seemed I built a quick tolerance. I now take them only as needed and they work just fine. I really enjoy taking 900 mg and smoking a joint. I sleep like a baby.

I've done some reading that Lyrica is the same thing only better.

I'm on a huge dose of gabapentin right now mixed with a dangerously high dose of tramadol. Not exactly harm reduction but the synergy is incredible. I feel like I am tripping and nodding at the same time. :)

Messed about with this recently recreationally, as I had spares.

Start of the month it took 3000mg, with my prescribed benzos. Just felt like I'd taken a lot more diazepam really, with some visual distortion. Very chatty.

A month later, tried again, this time had to go up to 10000mg for an effect, with my prescribed benzos. This was slightly weird, I was forgetting stuff, doing things 3 or for times, and was just generally out of it. Really not very enjoyable, my tolerance had obviously not come down that much in 4 weeks. Visual distortions more prominent, had to read with one eye like I often need to on Ketamine and opoiates. Reminiscent of that ket RC MXE... Just felt confused and kind of lost in my own house. Didn't enjoy..

I used 1000mg to potentiate 600mg of codeine (also with my prescribed benzos). It didn't do that much really, in the way of positives, but that's subjective. Just felt the nod a lot more with less of the euphoria. Was kind of bored near the end of the peak almost, as with the euphoria being less, my thoughts were quite static.

Drank wine with 6000mg, felt effects noticeably more, but not in a pleasant way. I felt annoyed and a bit confused, and often felt sick. Continued to drink beer after effects had worn off, and felt ok. I guess that's kind of good if you can't afford to buy much booze and have Gabapentin lying about?! But I wouldn't recommend it, especially from a harm reduction standpoint. Not as bad as benzos or opiates with booze I thought though, but I try to avoid drinking on nah those, except my prescribed benzos.

Also used 900mg for a coke comedown, the coke being imported from the continent and very clean (yellowy/brown stuff). I fell asleep 15 minutes after taking my nightly mirtazapine, with the gabapentin taken an hour prior to that. Doubt it did anything for sleep, as hardly any drugs make me drowsy enough to sleep if my body can fight it now. Fucking benzos! Taper is going well though still, thank god.

In short, good if you want to potentiate benzos especially if you have a small benzo tolerance, as unlike me you can up your benzo dose, for more effects. That was the equivalent feeling of me taking about 70 to 120mg of Diaz, or a large Xanax dose. Was talking a lot and very happy. With my tolerance that was insane, not felt a benzo type feeling like that one in over a year. That was with 6000mg of GABA and 20mg diazepam. Although I doubt the two drugs will synergies in the same way again like that. I also don't recommend you take similar doses if you are unsure. I was fine, and went out shopping quite happy, you could end up very unstable and slurring. Waking up with bruises, or even in hospital. Don't risk it, you can always take more, never less. Unless you know your own limits then do as you please.

Good for some opiate users I guess, who want to be more sedated. Unsure of it as a comedown drug, although lots swear by it. Due to my tolerance I would have to take a large number of benzos for say an amphetamine comedown, in combination this may help. Although I can't see myself on a meth comedown anytime soon haha.

This can be a bit weird if you take it medicinally and drink or do recreational drugs, so watch out for that. Nice with weed thlugh!

Gabapentin/Neurontin effect's a lot of people differently, I personally love it's effects. I'm around 190/200LB's, and consume anywhere from 12 (3600mg) to 15 (4500mg) of the 300 mg cap's, usually taken on an empty stomach. Effect's begin around 2, or 2 1/2 hour's later, and last around 8 to 10 hours! I feel euphoric, more sociable, creative and just overall damn good, both physically and mentally. Like a mild MDMA/Adderall feeling, without the edge, or the harsh comedown, and also similar to a mild trip at the same time. Tolerance is really the only issue. It build's up FAST. My advise, start with something low and work your way up until you find a dose that work's for you, and I wouldn't worry too much about taking a lot. It's almost impossible to O.D. you have to take a really insane dose for anything fatal to happen. Test have been dome on this, with people consuming up to 49grams! and all recoverd just fine without any additional treatment. Hope this is of any help, have fun and be safe.8o

Take 900mg before bed. Great for insomnia. Been taking it for a few months now and it still does the job each night. Not a benzo type effect though. Very subtle.

Gabapentin is really strange. It gives you Adderall confidence without the euphoria, makes you sleepy but not so much that you can't resist if you want to, doesn't at all impair your speech but makes you walk in zig-zags rather than straight lines unless you focus on it, makes the world shinier like a normal dose of weed;

Gabapentin is really strange. It gives you Adderall confidence without the euphoria, makes you sleepy but not so much that you can't resist if you want to, doesn't at all impair your speech but makes you walk in zig-zags rather than straight lines unless you focus on it, makes the world shinier like a normal dose of weed;

I got the euphoria and the talkativity, the sleepiness not so much. After a year of taking high doses for like three days once a month it seems I built up a permanent tolerance. It's been at least a year, and I haven't had any recently so I dunno if it reset just yet.

i use to take these.. didnt really do too much maybe slight mood enhancer and some pain relief but noit really something to get "high" off of imo

Used Gabapentin to get off methadone, long story short - I ended up taking anywhere between 1800-5000mg up to twice a day. This was last year. After a slow taper im down to 300mg a day and find it difficult to drop any lower... even with the aid of clonazepam. Definitely recreational ... but I wouldnt advise taking recreational doses (1,000 mg +) more then twice a week. NMDA antagonists like zinc, magnesium and agmatine definitely helped me get this far without a sweat ... sticking to 300 mg until I can re-up on my supplements. I just took the taper reallllllllly slow because I know of the gabapentin withdrawal horror all to well... no thanks.

ALSO cant forget about KRATOM. Tremendous help indeed.

I take 900mg/day of gabapentin, and I also enjoy the closed eye visuals (it doesn't give me open eye visuals) at bedtime. They are subtle and nice. The sedation from my dose is very minimal. Still, this drug is basically pharma trash--thrown at patients by psychiatrists like feces throwing monkeys--in the final analysis. I hope I don't have withdrawals when and if I decide to quit taking it. Only Vistaril (hydroxyzine) is more worthless of the cocktail of Rx's I'm on.

Why would a doctor take a patient off Lyrica and substitute it with Gabapentin? Just wondering, Thxs

It's great to get a small calendar and keep it with your meds. Mark the time you took which ever one and you'll be fine. As far as Overdosing, everyone has a different metabolism and some drugs absorb into your system faster, some ppl with a high tolerance have passed away using their same dosing. It all depends, exp. If you're on Fentanyl, you can't eat a certain fruit. I have a cousin who's young brother (16-18) passed away after taking 8-9 hydrocodone. Rest in peace Tommy. <3

Why would a doctor take a patient off Lyrica and substitute it with Gabapentin? Just wondering, Thxs

Probably because the doctor is an ass and doesn't want to prescribe scheduled/abuseable medication to said patient. Or maybe the patient experienced side effects (they differ even though it's the same class of drugs).

gaba works good for some crap for others. seemed to work good as a sleepy at first for me but wild dreams. wears thin after two weeks unless u wanna keep upping your dose.

i don't really find this a recreational drug, although some people seem to report some 'recreational' effects when first using. i put recreational in the little '' marks 'cause from what i have read these effects seem to be just drowsiness similar to things like low doses of anti-histamines, not any real euphoria or high. however everyone is different and different people enjoy different things, and please correct me if you are experiencing other effects from this drug. one thing i have heard repeatedly though is that any effects from it go quickly from regular use, so tolerance to them builds up quickly (regarding any 'recreational' effects, not medicinal ones), and people have reported not getting and of these effects after only a short period of regular use even at high raised doses.

my personal experience is that after using them (for pain relief) for about three weeks, i was no longer feeling any side effects of drowsiness or others. my body seemed to get used to them in this time.

also my doctor told me (although her advice and info has been dodgy on occasion, but it's worth checking out) that this drug lowers one's seizure threshold, especially in combination with some other drugs, so please research if you are planning on taking high doses. i started off on a lower dose and built up to the 600mg 3 times a day i take now.

That is odd the doc would say it lowers the seizure threshhold when it is used for mild seizures and tics.

Gabapentin

Gabapentin is one of the hardest meds I have had to get off of. I was maxed out at 300mg X 6a day. I was put on this in the beginning on 2011 for severe nerve damage to my right foot. Well after 13 surgeries and still having nerve problems I decided to stop taking this as it wasn't helping with the pins and needles or constant burning sensation . Well it’s been a rough road and after allmost 3 weeks I still feel weird. Hot flashes, dizzy, eyes are sensitive to light and very moody (depressed). I mean this crap is not supposed to act like this. I was told this is not going to cause any problems while on or stopping this med. Is there anything I can do to get past this messed up feeling? Does anyone know how long this crap will last? What does this drug do the brain? I have quit taking many drugs including ssri and never had these feelings I have. Some days I feel good and then some days it’s like I want to find a hole and just die in it. I am a very strong minded person and have all ways been able to get past these weird feelings it’s just that every day is different!! Is there anything I can get from one of my many doctors to help with this? I live in Texas so weed is not a legal option. It does help though just wish I could get medical weed. Has anyone had these problems with gaba? I am at my wits end with all of this any help would be greatly appreciated..

Could try Lyrica, which is a newer version of gabapentin. Alot of people say it works better for nerve pain. I didn't have that result, but I have MS no my nerves don't play by the rules

Forgot to mention, you should titrate down slowly to avoid the withdraw. Tell your doc that you want to stop so he/she can give lower dose capsules, or they could try you on Lyrica and that would end the withdraw since they are similar and may actually help the pain.

Hello all long time bluelight creeper first time poster. Hopefully this is the best place to put this. I have a legally obtained perscription from my severe frost bite last year. But anyway, i had read the forums and heard mixed reviews about whether or not this could be used recreationally. So heres my night:
10Pm i took 3 300mg pills
11Pm not felling much maybe placebo stimualtion so 3 more 300mg pills
11:30 decied to dive into my 100mg pills and take 10
12Am feeling stimulated no placebo so i take 5 more 300 pills
1Am still stimulated no sedation(which i was looking for) so 10 more 100mg pills
2Am same stimulation 3 more 300 pills
3Am more stimulation so i take 10 more 100mg pills
4Am more stimulation 3 more 300mg pills(at this point i start working out pretty heavilly)
4:30 5 more 300mg pills and more working out.
5Am im starting to get upset that the effects are not becoming sedative which i thought it would through stagering doses and i had ate snacks between doses or milk.
530 i take my 1mg perscribe klonapin.(i am recovering from a large alprazolam addiction 20mg+ a day so the 1mg is a low dose for me.)
7 am still stimulated tho through the entire night non of the stimulation was anxiety ridden. At this point i take my normal meds i take every night 400mg seraquel, .2mg clonidine, 15mg remron, 100mg vistril. Plus my 6mgs of melatonin. (If you havent guessed im an isomniac) i pop in a movie, get comfy and pass out within the hour.
This is where it gets interesting. I wake up at 12pm and my motor function is gone. Like i drank a 5th of vodka but without nasuea. I stomble around to get my other 1mg of klonapin thinking it was getting fun. I sit down and pass out with the klonapin dissolving in my very cottony mouth. 7Pm i wake up and struggle to read the time on the clock. Fuck moms home in 20minutes and im supposed to have cleaned not to mention be sober (coart ordered) motor function still completely gone i hide everything under my bed and sit down. In the next hour my motor control starts to come back to the point of maybe pulling off sobriety (not really) mom wants to go grocery shopping (fuck) im bumping into walls down the halway and sketchly making it down the stairs and outside to the car without being noticed. Within the next hour my motor coordination went back to almoat completely normal and went on my way home.
I guess the moral of my story start small 'cause this stuff has a very large varriable amount of time to fully kick in.
All in all reminded me of ghb in reverse, stimulation first g'd out 2nd if that makes sense.