• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

not bad from an hr standpoint. just not enjoyable. it made me dizzy and took away a lot of the cannabis buzz. just no synergy.

Different strokes, I guess. I absolutely LOVE gabapentin + weed, the two synergize beautifully IMO. Throw a benzo in there and you're good to go %)

SOMA + gabapentin + 8mg dilaudid IV +a little weed tonight = close to as euphoric as a human body can be

gabapentin. ...the first medication to really help 'that crazybloke' with anxiety...

[I know 'that crazybloke' personally .. he brushes his teeth backwards]

Before that it was drinking, then trying every other anxiety med under the Sun. None of them were sustainable because a second they were working the guy got hooked and built up tolerance. ...no good

Started at 300 mg of gabapentin t.i.d.
Now, 13 years later and that dose is now 1600 mg t.i.d.

no panic attacks in 13 years... A med who's side effects I have never disliked. A very kind, quite safe,
...but
HOT MOSES, it's so expensive!
...ooyeah don't even think about
going cold turkey, that's horrible

...still the best pharmaceutical for that crazybloke. . . ever!

gabapentin. ...the first medication to really help 'that crazybloke' with anxiety...

[I know 'that crazybloke' personally .. he brushes his teeth backwards]

Before that it was drinking, then trying every other anxiety med under the Sun. None of them were sustainable because a second they were working the guy got hooked and built up tolerance. ...no good

Started at 300 mg of gabapentin t.i.d.
Now, 13 years later and that dose is now 1600 mg t.i.d.

no panic attacks in 13 years... A med who's side effects I have never disliked. A very kind, quite safe,
...but
HOT MOSES, it's so expensive!
...ooyeah don't even think about
going cold turkey, that's horrible

...still the best pharmaceutical for that crazybloke. . . ever!

You take around 5g of the stuff per day?! No wonder its so expensive!! You might want to look into Lyrica, it may be cheaper because you need to take a fair few in oder to get the same effects.

Gabapentin withdrawal HELL

I was reading some of the posts about gabapentin withdrawal. I have withdrawn from benzos and SSRI's with much difficulty but I didn't know that getting off of 1800mg of gabapentin would be so horrific. I was on this dose for over 5 years. My new doc wanted me off of it and cut it in half to 300mg three times a day. It has been a month now and I am having tachycardia, extreme agitation, impatience, more hyperactivity than normal. I feel absolutely so beside myself. I am being evaluated for ADHD and my new pdoc won't prescribe low doses of Ritalin because of my higher heart rate so I am also frustrated that I cannot get my cognition under control. I don't remember being so agitated as I am right now. When I went off of a benzo, it was the darkest thoughts of anxiety but withdrawing from gabapentin, I am more emotionally affected. I just picked up some magnesium citrate to see if that will help. I am already on clonazepam 1mg BID. It isn't much help. Any suggestions?

I'm tapering of benzos at the moment, with the help of my doctor of course. He put me on this as he thought it would help with my deep muscle pain, and go well with the Mirtazapine I take for depression. Definitely elevated my mood, and made me less anxious, not done much for the pain but better than nothing. I am on only a small dose of 300 mg twice a day though. This drug seems to be used for so many purposes... strange one.

I was diagnosed for sure with fibromyalgia and was prescribed Neurontin, 600 mg 3 times a day. What's the first thing I do with it?! I go crazy with it. Taking a pill every half hour until I feel effects. My question is, I'm also prescribed generic naproxen, 500 mg. Will this boost the gabapentin at all? Or does it have to be brand name Aleve?

you can use any brand name naproxen. it doesn't matter. the naproxen doesn't directly affect the gabapentin. it just acts with it synergistically to suppress hyperalgesia.

i do this with pregabalin all the time.

you can use any brand name naproxen. it doesn't matter. the naproxen doesn't directly affect the gabapentin. it just acts with it synergistically to suppress hyperalgesia.

i do this with pregabalin all the time.

Does the naproxen potentiate pregabalin?

no. synergy. not potentiation. it doesn't make it stronger (potentiate) but it acts synergistically (together in harmony) with pregabalin in order to induce a combined effect that can induce greater hypoalgesia than when both substances are taken alone.

im rx'd (2) 600mg tabs per night for insomnia, works petty well. I usually take like 4 or so tabs.. TBH i dont really know if i feel much from them. Its hard to tell them you dabbed out, on subs, on high dose etiz... but anyways I sleep well , only while medicated.

lol gabapentin has absolutely no recreational use past the first night. i tried 1200 the first night and was out like a light. upped it to 1500 the second night and was up playing COD until 3am. the body seems to grow a tolerance to its sedating abilities very fast.

as far as lyrica goes, whole different animal. if you need sleep, pop 300 and you are done. works every time.

lol gabapentin has absolutely no recreational use past the first night. i tried 1200 the first night and was out like a light. upped it to 1500 the second night and was up playing COD until 3am. the body seems to grow a tolerance to its sedating abilities very fast.

as far as lyrica goes, whole different animal. if you need sleep, pop 300 and you are done. works every time.

Everybody says this but I call bullshit. I got a bottle of 270 300s just recently and I've been using them every day and taking them appropriately still gets me ripped after a while. Not "i'm tripping my balls off" high but definitely feeling it's effects on my nerve pain, and visuals and pleasant drowsiness. Keeps working if you know how to work it. Taking a handful of tabs at once might work a couple times, but you need to boost the BA if you want it to work after that. And Lyrica with it's higher BA in the stomach works terrifically for a long time for me. I'd use that if I could afford it. And yes, you will have to raise dose after every so long but not 5g at a time like I see some of you guys doing. Yeah that will definitely wreck your tolerance and yeah that will probably make you withdrawal. lol DUH?

idk i guess everyone is different, if it works then hey keep doing it. but yeah lyrica is SOOPER expensive, and it's not like getting the generic really helps either. even with insurance as good as mine i still had to pay out around $130 for 30x75mg. at least i don't have to worry about it not working when i basically want to comatose for about eight hours.

I get a subtle speed high with 600-900 mg. I feel more talkative and awake.

The most gabapentin I have taken was 1500 - 1800 mg while smoking a bunch of weed and i had a really weird high. Almost felt dissociative but not In a good way. Not sure if that was the gabapentin or what. Anyways I love this stuff in low doses.It worked miracles for my phenibut withdrawal aswell

Pregabalin is sooooo much cheaper in Mexico substantially cheaper than the price mentioned above. 28 150 mg pills for so much cheaper. Like over 100 bucks cheaper. Its still expensive here though, but not as bad in the US!

i get 90 600mg gabapentin pills for less than $10 here in the US... all you have to do is pretend you have anxiety and refuse to take anything "addictive" such as benzos ... I prefer gabapentin over benzos because not only does it give me energy it also doesn't allow me to forget my entire day like benzos tend to do ;)

I have 180 gabapentin 300s and I survive off them since getting off opiates/kratom for a decade. It is a miracle. Problem is when I have a giant bottle I tend to swallow them by the handful instead of staggering like normal. I love gabapentin. And I would take pregabalin if my insurance covered it but alas it doesn't.

Love the relief and sociability, aslo heard you cant overdose because your body stops absorbing it