• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

^ drink some soda along with the fatty meal. Acid also increases BA.

Staggering at 300mg per dose? Sounds like you must have a relatively low tolerance.. Try stretching the doses out another 15 mins beyond what you're doing (45 mins).

^ drink some soda along with the fatty meal. Acid also increases BA.

Staggering at 300mg per dose? Sounds like you must have a relatively low tolerance.. Try stretching the doses out another 15 mins beyond what you're doing (45 mins).

my tolerance isn't really that low, should I up it to 600mg every 45 min? I'm in the process of dosing now lol I just took my first two 300mg in the last 90 min with naproxen and coke (the soda) and I have an egg sandwich. idk if carbs from the bread will affect BA or aborbsion but I assume the eggs alone will help with the cola and naproxen. so I guess I'll up it to 600mg every 45 min. have a bit of weed too maybe that'll help but I'm at work now can't smoke for another 3 hrs. I appreciate your response!

also do you think chewing the pills and washing it down with cola is as good or better than parachuting ?

A month without my neurontin sucked. 360 800mg tabs just arrived in the mail... What An amazing feeling to finally dose again!!

rather than read through this thread I am just going to ask.

what would you say the best way to take the 400MG capsules are? I take 1600/MG every morning w/ my 8MG bupe; I usually feel "great" but it takes a few hours, which I know is normal w/ GABA, but wondering how I could speed it up (which is a question asked many times before but my brain is friend, go figure).

I know some say just dump in a drink.. kinda gross tho, no!? I always drink a Monster Energy (or 2) every morning after I take my bupe/gaba.

btw, lately I've been dosing phenibut come PM; my gabapentin is taken at 630AM and usually taking phenibut (3G's) around 6PM; anyone else using these 2 together? I know they are very similar but I am actually scripted my gabapentin for seizure problems, as well as keppra. the phenibut I still "buy" and use "for fun".

rather than read through this thread I am just going to ask.

what would you say the best way to take the 400MG capsules are? I take 1600/MG every morning w/ my 8MG bupe; I usually feel "great" but it takes a few hours, which I know is normal w/ GABA, but wondering how I could speed it up (which is a question asked many times before but my brain is friend, go figure).

I know some say just dump in a drink.. kinda gross tho, no!? I always drink a Monster Energy (or 2) every morning after I take my bupe/gaba.

btw, lately I've been dosing phenibut come PM; my gabapentin is taken at 630AM and usually taking phenibut (3G's) around 6PM; anyone else using these 2 together? I know they are very similar but I am actually scripted my gabapentin for seizure problems, as well as keppra. the phenibut I still "buy" and use "for fun".

If you're taking phenibut every day you probably have a decent tolerance already along with the neurontin. Best thing you can do is wake up and take naproxen and throw some hot sauce on your eggs for breakfast before you dose. Naproxen + capsaicin + meal + monster energy

I've noticed when I take those white oval 800mg pills vs. my 300mg capsules, it's like the BA% is majorly increased IME. I get that drunken, sedating body-high and relaxation that I got in the early days of taking gaba. It takes far more than 800mg of the capsules to feel that way, actually I don't think it's possible to achieve that feeling w/ these 300mg capsules I'm prescribed. I feel like they don't absorb well in my system or something, unless it's a placebo/mental thing. I may ask to be prescribed the pill form for a much more effective BA% than these fucking capsules.

BBT, good to see ya around my dude. I need to get hip to the phenibut, it would be a god-send therapeutically. Just need to find a proper vendor, I already checked the local vitamin/supplement shops for any overlooked products containing β-phenyl-GABA/phenibut.

Hello all. Short time lurker, first time poster. I find that Gabapentin works in my case, 300mg, staggered 1 capsule, each hour. I stagger that up to 900 Mg - 1200 Mg and it works great. Much stronger than 900 Mg's at once. I wait a solid hour or longer, then I take anywhere from 1mg to 3mg of Clonazepam. Then I feel real good. To whoever asked about Gabapentin and drug tests, I was prescribed Gabapentin in a drug rehabilitation hospital. I hope that answers that question. I also take Lyrica. 150mg, twice a day. I like switching between the two. Sometimes I mix them, but it's nothing special. Anyone know a good time to take the Gabapentin if you take opiates?

If your using gabapentin and want effects you really should dose 1200<, that is were the best effects range. I've mixed opaites and gabapentin before. It's really not a good mix. The gabapentin totally over powers the opiates. I recomend skipping gabapentin with opaites. I totally love it alone though, it's also great with dxm, some grass and sometimes alcohol.

I just got prescribed Gabapentin again so I have a bit of a tolerance to it. For me I don't really get that high on it but do notice some effects. However when I took a 5100mg dose about 12 hours after taking a suboxone(I can get high on them), It totally potentiated the subs and made it kick back in. I actually started nodding pretty hard.So for me they definitely make opiates a stronger.

I am also about to be prescribed vyvanse. I was wondering if the gabapentin will help alleviate some of the anxiety/jitteriness of the vyvanse to any significant degree? Has anybody had experience mixing the two?

Well I haven't mixed vyvanse, I have mixed adderall. Yes it is very good for helping anxiety caused by stim. I usally don't use a stim unless I have gabapentin. Try it out and see yourself.

Alright cool thank you. I was hoping it would because if I do any amphetamines I have to have opiates or benzos to take the edge off a bit. I'm glad my psychiatrist took that into account when I told him how jittery I would get on them.

A few methods to speed up gaba onset:

Drink something with high acidic content. Gabapentin loves that as well as fatty food.

Eating deiffently raises the BA. But make sure you don't eat to much, cause it can take 5 HOURS, no joke.

I drink 2 Monster' every morning and feel GOOD TO GO bye like 8 after taking them around 630.

I don't feel anything off of Gabapentin, either I'm not taking a decent enough dose or I have other things in my system getting in the way of its effects. I get prescribed 300mg 3x a day. A good starter dose for someone with no tolerance would probably be 1200-1500mg in an hour, but be careful because I've watched someone completely lose their balance and fall over multiple times on this drug.

Fuck this medication.

Seriously. Fuck this goddamn pharmaceutical.

I took it for 2 months at doses of 1200mg-2100mg per day when I was roughly 5-6 months off benzos and ambien and it has ruined my life. When I was on it, it caused major interdose w/d and horrible side effects (suicidal thoughts, major depression, severe shakiness, nerve pain, anxiety, weight gain). After finally forcing myself off of it without any doctor's help, and an urgency to stop due to the suicidal thoughts, I finally stopped the medication after two months use in March 2015.

Since that time, my life has been destroyed by endless withdrawal, both physical (shakiness, nerve pain, heart palpitations, akathasia, nonstop hair loss, stiffness) and psychological (irrational fears, derealization, anxiety, cognitive impairment, social deterioration). I have not been able to drive a car or drink alcohol & caffeine in over 8 months. This shows no sign of stopping, and the past few months have been especially difficult.

The WORST thing about this is the fact that every doctor I go to does not believe me when I say gabapentin caused this. I have gone through hell all because I took a prescription by an outpatient center psychiatrist and it has ruined my life. I have never even gotten an explanation or an apology from them.

So, FUCK THIS MEDICATION. The biggest regret I have in my life is ever taking this shit. I just want this to fuckin stop already!!!!

Hey blue comet, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I have read about similar cases of Gabapentin withdrawal. There is a thread dedicated for that but I guess you already know that one:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/448441-Gabapentin-withdrawal-any-advice?highlight=Gabapentin

Irrc, there were some tips and ways to lessen these horrible symptoms, but that could have been in "Drugs-Forum" or the german board I frequent.
I will look for it and then provide you the links.

Can't you try to see a doctor with some printed papers of these withdrawal reports so he can help you?

Ironically other people report having no WDs what so ever after quitting Gabapentin. But I think that depends on length of use and dose.
It is a strange medicine for sure and its mechanism is not even fully understood yet.

I hope you get better soon, hang in there!

Z

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

I have actually shown a doctor these reports of people's difficulties with this medication (both published and online accounts) and he didn't offer any other explanation or plan of action.

All doctors offer me is more shit that will fuck with my head, like SSRIs, seroquel, etc.

I don't even know if I can ever go see another doctor ever again. The colossal damage that gabapentin caused (thousands of dollars in lost wages, months of nonstop pain and a ruined life) is incomprehendible. What's worse is that NO doctor has ever said "gabapentin did this," much less agreed with my suggestion that is is the cause of my problems. God help that doctor if I ever by chance encounter him again.

I have been on it for three years and it off and on provides more of a mood thing than a buzz. you have to continually take it when you want a buzz. take 1800mg, wait three hours and take it again same dose than three hours later take a slightly higher dosy like 3000mg. For me i will go off it for a few days and this helps to bring back those feelings. i was hooked on it for a while, but because of its rapid tolerance usually two or three days will work and than lower your dose for a week and than try the bump up again. Works well for me. Maybe no one else. I also dose130mg methadone a day so maybe opiate potentate it a bit too.