• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids first w/d symtoms?

In an effort to stay positive, here are some signs that w/d are fading, or at least having some sort of desirable effect..
-Some inkling of libido surfaces... :)
-No longer constipated/semi "regular"

Two things I haven't felt in probably years!! Yikes..

I've gone thru withdrawal a few times but I've never made it past the first week because I always convince myself that I can handle one little "treat" and of course that treat turns into a daily thing pretty quickly.. and then I'm back where I started. Ugh.. Really afraid of the dreaded PAWs.... ::shivers::

Also, as bad as w/ds can be, I would never be able to take it without some suboxone. I usually take 4mg the first day, maybe 4mg the second day and then taper from there. Imo suboxone is a miracle drug and my life would probably be ruined without it.

Never get too hooked because I'm scared of that pain.

This is something I've always been conflicted about. I wish I was scared of the pain.. But honestly I feel like with suboxone it doesn't have to be THAT bad. If I couldn't rely on that, I would probably be way more disciplined..

In an effort to stay positive, here are some signs that w/d are fading, or at least having some sort of desirable effect..

Two things I haven't felt in probably years!! Yikes..

I've gone thru withdrawal a few times but I've never made it past the first week because I always convince myself that I can handle one little "treat" and of course that treat turns into a daily thing pretty quickly.. and then I'm back where I started. Ugh.. Really afraid of the dreaded PAWs.... ::shivers::

Also, as bad as w/ds can be, I would never be able to take it without some suboxone. I usually take 4mg the first day, maybe 4mg the second day and then taper from there. Imo suboxone is a miracle drug and my life would probably be ruined without it.
I cant even remember what a normal libido feels like without some 'chemical assistance'!! Its been years. I truly think my receptors are so fucked up, they cannot produce any good feelings on their own anymore.

regarding the 'treats', yea, I do that too, I say, well, Ill go thru 2 days of wd, then get some, hoping to break it up a bit. Its a damn good feeling when you are sick as hell, and knowing you will be getting some relief, but worse feeling that it is short lived and the wds come racing right back!

sometimes I wish i lived in a super rural area, and I would just grow a large field of poppies!! GEEZ, now that would be heaven on earth, Id never leave!

I cant even remember what a normal libido feels like without some 'chemical assistance'!! Its been years. I truly think my receptors are so fucked up, they cannot produce any good feelings on their own anymore.

regarding the 'treats', yea, I do that too, I say, well, Ill go thru 2 days of wd, then get some, hoping to break it up a bit. Its a damn good feeling when you are sick as hell, and knowing you will be getting some relief, but worse feeling that it is short lived and the wds come racing right back!

sometimes I wish i lived in a super rural area, and I would just grow a large field of poppies!! GEEZ, now that would be heaven on earth, Id never leave!

Yeah I mean, "normal libido" is something foreign now. But any libido will do. Ha.

I've somewhat isolated myself for the next month at least.. I'm in an urban area and of course the first chance I had I went to cop, but the stuff I've managed to get has been super disappointing (SEE: the "ever been sold fake drugs" thread for instance haha); a real blessing in disguise I guess. Plus I'm staying with relatives so I reeeeeally don't want to get arrested or something. Despite my past failures, I still believe that it's possible to go thru w/d and have some sort of "treat" to cut it up, if only to fit a night of sleep in there somewhere.

Whenever I've relocated to escape drugs, it's never worked. I find them or they find me. Perhaps the middle of nowhere is the only good option. :?

W/D is definitely something that keeps me running back to opiates for the past several years.

It was really odd. I've taken opiates, pretty much every other day, since 2003-2004 and I never really had W/D symptoms until the summer of 2010. I literally felt like I had the flu, and when I began taking my vics/oxy as I always would I felt better. Then boom, two days later I got the flu-like symptoms again so I was going around the house and my car with wipes and spray thinking I was reinfecting myself with flu-germs.

After about a week I put two-and-two together and realized I was now going to experience W/D after 24-48 hours of no opiates, and I have ever since June/July of 2010. There's been so many times I've wanted to kick the habit so I often keep on them just so I can stave off the W/D... it's pretty much impossible for me to function, go to work, anything. BUT... the first initial signs of W/D I experience are:

First Day:

1. Moderate-Severe fatigue (generally do not feel like moving, body feels heavy)
2. Light-Medium sweating (mostly when I wake up in the morning)

Second Day:

1. Both of the above but more pronounced.
2. Extreme Restless legs (prevents me from sleeping)
3. Extreme Diarrhea
4. Hot-Cold-Hot-Cold-Hot-Cold
5. Lower back ache, legs/ankles achey

Third Day:

1. All of the above but more pronounced.
2. Medium Anxiety
3. Insomnia

====================================

In the worst cases, I've gone through W/D for 4-5 days until I get some form of opiate, but I typically cannot take more than about 48 hours. I work in Tech Support for a technology company so it's REALLY hard to put on a smile over the phone when you're feeling like that.

The best things I've found to help:

1. HOT HOT HOT showers — For me, personally, this takes away almost 90% of all W/D symptoms for a good 2-3 hours. I take one at night, lay down in front of the TV and chill and it's nice to just be able to relax after hours and hours of flu-like symptoms, however, the RLS and fatigue typically stick around.
2. Kratom — Works well for a couple of days. Definitely helps to take some before work.
3. Immodium — Again, personally, when I'm not feeling like I want to shit myself all day long, the rest of the W/D symptoms become manageable. I typically take 1.5 to 2x the recommended dose.

I smoke cigarettes, so somehow smoking a cig every 30 mins to an hour makes me feel better. Also, I think sexual activity/orgasm alleviates RLS long enough to try to fall asleep. RLS is probably the worst symptom of all to me. It's so uncomfortable and prevents me from falling asleep, so I try to counter it first.

Yeah I mean, "normal libido" is something foreign now. But any libido will do. Ha.

I've somewhat isolated myself for the next month at least.. I'm in an urban area and of course the first chance I had I went to cop, but the stuff I've managed to get has been super disappointing (SEE: the "ever been sold fake drugs" thread for instance haha); a real blessing in disguise I guess. Plus I'm staying with relatives so I reeeeeally don't want to get arrested or something. Despite my past failures, I still believe that it's possible to go thru w/d and have some sort of "treat" to cut it up, if only to fit a night of sleep in there somewhere.

Whenever I've relocated to escape drugs, it's never worked. I find them or they find me. Perhaps the middle of nowhere is the only good option. :?
I know what you are talking about, seems like everytime Im out and run into someone I havent seen in awhile, 98% of the time, they are users!! I ran into a guy I went to middle school with a month ago (I am 39 now), he recognized me and came up and we started talking, chatted for a few minutes and I could tell he was feeling me out to see if I was a user, so eventually he brought it up, and we got to talking about our drug of choice (H), this is not the first time, Ive ran into many old friends thru the years only to find there is a shit load more people using than I could have guessed! LOL

I cant imagine what its like to be sold fake junk...that would suck, all excited about getting the relief only to find its fake! Thankfully, most of the junk I get is good, but every once in awhile my guy gets some less than quality stuff, but they are cool about it, if you truly dont like it, they will make it right, I dont know if they do this for everyone, but Ive been friends with them for over 5 years and we are really good friends to begin with. The last half gram I got was not that great though, it was a very light grey color and had alot of white speckles, normally I get dark grey rock that is pretty good, but this light grey stuff had a weird taste, not as bitter as usual H, Im sure it was stepped on with something goofy by their connection though, I know my guy does not step on it at all. I had one batch that someone used xanax to cut it...when i hit it with the lighter, it turned into a gel like substance, was kind of waxy, I ended up having to snort it, it was OK, but not what Im used to.

I saw a documentary about somewhere in Sweden or some place like that, a clinic would give out free H to addicts, they even had little booths where people could go in and shoot, they provided the gear, junk, even the damn lighter!! They claimed it was better for addicts to use pharmaceutical grade Heroin versus the crap on the street and not knowing what you are getting, the junk they were using was pure clear liquid, looked just like clean water...I cannot imagine how great that stuff would be...Ive never seen clear liquid or any pharmaceutical H here where I live, curious if anyone has though...??

W/D is definitely something that keeps me running back to opiates for the past several years.

It was really odd. I've taken opiates, pretty much every other day, since 2003-2004 and I never really had W/D symptoms until the summer of 2010. I literally felt like I had the flu, and when I began taking my vics/oxy as I always would I felt better. Then boom, two days later I got the flu-like symptoms again so I was going around the house and my car with wipes and spray thinking I was reinfecting myself with flu-germs.

After about a week I put two-and-two together and realized I was now going to experience W/D after 24-48 hours of no opiates, and I have ever since June/July of 2010. There's been so many times I've wanted to kick the habit so I often keep on them just so I can stave off the W/D... it's pretty much impossible for me to function, go to work, anything. BUT... the first initial signs of W/D I experience are:

First Day:

1. Moderate-Severe fatigue (generally do not feel like moving, body feels heavy)
2. Light-Medium sweating (mostly when I wake up in the morning)

Second Day:

1. Both of the above but more pronounced.
2. Extreme Restless legs (prevents me from sleeping)
3. Extreme Diarrhea
4. Hot-Cold-Hot-Cold-Hot-Cold
5. Lower back ache, legs/ankles achey

Third Day:

1. All of the above but more pronounced.
2. Medium Anxiety
3. Insomnia

====================================

In the worst cases, I've gone through W/D for 4-5 days until I get some form of opiate, but I typically cannot take more than about 48 hours. I work in Tech Support for a technology company so it's REALLY hard to put on a smile over the phone when you're feeling like that.

The best things I've found to help:

1. HOT HOT HOT showers — For me, personally, this takes away almost 90% of all W/D symptoms for a good 2-3 hours. I take one at night, lay down in front of the TV and chill and it's nice to just be able to relax after hours and hours of flu-like symptoms, however, the RLS and fatigue typically stick around.
2. Kratom — Works well for a couple of days. Definitely helps to take some before work.
3. Immodium — Again, personally, when I'm not feeling like I want to shit myself all day long, the rest of the W/D symptoms become manageable. I typically take 1.5 to 2x the recommended dose.

I smoke cigarettes, so somehow smoking a cig every 30 mins to an hour makes me feel better. Also, I think sexual activity/orgasm alleviates RLS long enough to try to fall asleep. RLS is probably the worst symptom of all to me. It's so uncomfortable and prevents me from falling asleep, so I try to counter it first.
Thats interesting...whenever Im in w/ds, sex is the LAST thing I want, really though, ever since Ive been using, I have noticed my sex drive is almost non-existent, but I do know opiates drop sex drive in some people, so it didnt surprise me...I do remember before I was a user, I had a strong sex drive, kinda sad it has come to this, but I can honestly say Id rather have junk than sex. (does that make me a bad person though?) LOL

Yeah opiates kill your sex drive. When you stop though, it comes back with a vengeance. Ha.

I saw a documentary about somewhere in Sweden or some place like that, a clinic would give out free H to addicts, they even had little booths where people could go in and shoot, they provided the gear, junk, even the damn lighter!! They claimed it was better for addicts to use pharmaceutical grade Heroin versus the crap on the street and not knowing what you are getting, the junk they were using was pure clear liquid, looked just like clean water...I cannot imagine how great that stuff would be...Ive never seen clear liquid or any pharmaceutical H here where I live, curious if anyone has though...??

I've heard of there being a shooting gallery in Vancouver, BC but they don't actually provide the drugs. I guess it's true that pharmaceutical grade drugs are better for you, but wow if I could get H for free? I mean, what's the point of quitting? Especially if you're guaranteed quality stuff. They're sort of enabling just enabling addiction..

When I was getting china white in NY, my shots were pretty close to clear sometimes. Mmmm.. miss that. ::shivers::

I went out with some friends tonight and we ended up walking around in a neighborhood where I probably saw 50 people I could've asked for help scoring. I knew something was up when I used a public restroom and there was a sharps box! Ugh.. took all the self-control I have not to try and find some.

I've also heard that sex can help with w/d. Personally for the first few days I'm way too drained and probably short of breath so any physical activity is outta the question.

Even though I've been a smoker for years, opiates def made it easier for me to smoke more because it took away the tightness in my lungs. When I go into w/d, I start to have trouble breathing. Anyone else have this happen?? Hope it doesn't mean I'm dying or something....

I've also heard that sex can help with w/d. Personally for the first few days I'm way too drained and probably short of breath so any physical activity is outta the question.

Even though I've been a smoker for years, opiates def made it easier for me to smoke more because it took away the tightness in my lungs. When I go into w/d, I start to have trouble breathing. Anyone else have this happen?? Hope it doesn't mean I'm dying or something....
Yep, Ive noticed when Im feeling good, I smoke like a chimney! I started smoking at 12 yrs old, and am 39 now, so when Im without my drug, I do get short of breath sometimes, Ive even had a few times where I wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air!!! Pretty bad if you get out of breath from sleeping!!

Im sure the times I smoke H did not help either..god knows what it was cut with and the damage of smoking it??! I can be pretty sure that when I lit the H on foil, and it turned into a little puddle of motor oil looking stuff...the smoke from it was probably not that good for my lungs! LOL

I've heard of there being a shooting gallery in Vancouver, BC but they don't actually provide the drugs. I guess it's true that pharmaceutical grade drugs are better for you, but wow if I could get H for free? I mean, what's the point of quitting? Especially if you're guaranteed quality stuff. They're sort of enabling just enabling addiction..

When I was getting china white in NY, my shots were pretty close to clear sometimes. Mmmm.. miss that. ::shivers::

I went out with some friends tonight and we ended up walking around in a neighborhood where I probably saw 50 people I could've asked for help scoring. I knew something was up when I used a public restroom and there was a sharps box! Ugh.. took all the self-control I have not to try and find some.

Yeah that program in Vancouver is called Insite. It's great.

I've never experienced nausea or vomiting during w/ds and i've withdrawled from everything including heroin and fentanyl (smoked both). While it varies from person to person I believe it is most if not exclusively the case when using needles.

I've never experienced nausea or vomiting during w/ds and i've withdrawled from everything including heroin and fentanyl (smoked both). While it varies from person to person I believe it is most if not exclusively the case when using needles.

#1 makes sense, number two confuses me.

I get nauseous and also get that 'want to puke' feeling during w/ds, I also get that pukey feeling when Im on the way to pick up some dope and usually right before Im about to use, I guess my body is getting excited..? I should also mention I mostly smoke H, yet I still get the really bad sick w/ds.

Sounds like you are a lucky guy not having to go thru this shit!

I get nauseous and also get that 'want to puke' feeling during w/ds, I also get that pukey feeling when Im on the way to pick up some dope and usually right before Im about to use, I guess my body is getting excited..?

Yes! This used to happen to me too. That excited feeling when I'd get back from copping. To the point where I'd actually usually be able to shit if I had the patience to stop what I was doing before shooting up. Ha. It was like my body knew what I was about to do and made a last ditch effort to avoid eternal constipation. Eventually that feeling wore off though... Oh well.

Sorry if this is like, TMI ;)

Yes! This used to happen to me too. That excited feeling when I'd get back from copping. To the point where I'd actually usually be able to shit if I had the patience to stop what I was doing before shooting up. Ha. It was like my body knew what I was about to do and made a last ditch effort to avoid eternal constipation. Eventually that feeling wore off though... Oh well.

Sorry if this is like, TMI ;)
Yep, Ive had that before too, but I NEVER have the patience to wait on using, once Im home from going to get it, that is the literally the first thing I do!! LOL

back when I used to do painkillers, Id go out to meet my dude, and then when Im driving off, Id have something to drink in the car, and take a couple right then, and sometimes, If I had been going thru really bad wds before that, right after i took the pills, I would get those little throw ups, Id try to so hard not too, cuz I was worried about throwing up the pills I just taken and wasting them! I did waste a couple pills this way here and there, but eventually I learned how to hold off throwing up, and once the pills kicked in, didnt have to worry about it anymore anyway.

I have noticed my wds seem REALLY bad when Im on the way to go score, i get frustrated sitting at an overly long red light, getting behind some slow ass, etc. I want to drive as fast as possible to get there! LOL It seems my body tries to make the wds really bad before im about to use, kinda like one last slap in the face! HA HA