• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids first w/d symtoms?

Valerian Root

Generic DXM/Cold/Congestion

Generic Lopramide

Generic Tylenol PM

Tonic.Water

That's all you need. Very very cheap. No RLS, no insomnia, no diahrea, voila. Can be used many many times too. Could kick whatever you need to kick handfuls of times with the same stack.

I'm using H in binges of say 1-2 Month sometimes, snorted or smoked. For the last times I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms. Nowadays I just feel sick. It's like having a cold. Nose runs, boredom, feeling sick (i hate it), a bit tired, back ache, no appetite, oversensitive, no matter where i am, it's cold (physical), no motivation, insomnia. Everything is pale.

I use Mirtazapine against insomnia. Works quite well, but makes me feel dizzy next day.

Warm showers, walks, low intensive training, etc. helps to be extracted from the sick feeling.
Short binges, less intensive withdrawal but there is less information on short duration withdrawals, so I'd like to share.
Can't even imagine how hard it is, to come of long-term use.

Day 3 and 4 are worst. When I'm running out on my stash next time, I will try Loperamide on the third or fourth day once, just to try out if it helps for the worst part.

Has anyone of you experience in interrupting withdrawal once? Do you have to go through the whole thing again or does it decrease the withdrawal symptons for a short time and continue from there? Edit: The question is answered here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...2-of-heroin-detox-just-restarting-the-process

ParappaTheRapper: What's the deal with Tonic Water?

Last edited:
i describe opiate withdrawal like this:

i feel like there are millions of tiny beings crawling around inside of my body. some of them with ball-peen(giggity) hammers and some with scratchy legs. the ones with the hammers are clinking away on every inch of my joints and the ones with the scratchy legs are crawling under my skin. i think it's a good metaphor for that part of the feeling.
i feel hot and cold either back and forth or sometimes simultaneously. i sweat, my eyes water, my nose runs. i ache all over. i feel like i have the worst flu ever plus a stomach virus due to large amounts of vomiting and diarrhea.
the worst of all is these: BOREDOM AND DEPRESSION. i have never contemplated suicide as much as i have when in WD. yikes.

i just literally worked myself up into a panic attack thinking about this. literally. taking xanax now. can't breathe.

i describe opiate withdrawal like this:

i feel like there are millions of tiny beings crawling around inside of my body. some of them with ball-peen(giggity) hammers and some with scratchy legs. the ones with the hammers are clinking away on every inch of my joints and the ones with the scratchy legs are crawling under my skin. i think it's a good metaphor for that part of the feeling.
i feel hot and cold either back and forth or sometimes simultaneously. i sweat, my eyes water, my nose runs. i ache all over. i feel like i have the worst flu ever plus a stomach virus due to large amounts of vomiting and diarrhea.
the worst of all is these: BOREDOM AND DEPRESSION. i have never contemplated suicide as much as i have when in WD. yikes.

i just literally worked myself up into a panic attack thinking about this. literally. taking xanax now. can't breathe.
Yeah, thats a pretty good description of w/ds...they really suck, I have gone thru them so many times, youd think id be used to it, but each time seems like the worst, they never get easy, it does help to use inbetween to kind of break up the length of w/d, its good while your using, but as soon as its gone, the w/ds come rushing right back with no let up!

Im not sure about you, but I think I hate the hypersensitivity the worst, the hot/cold feeling, and I get this nasty nasty smell, that I can never shake, it seems to be everywhere I go when in w/ds, it kinda smells like burnt toast and/or a burnt kind of furnace type smell, it is bad, sometimes when I wake up in middle of night after sleeping for 20 minutes, I get a whiff of this smell and it makes me want to puke. Ive heard other people talk about nasty smells during w/ds, but I dont think everybody gets it.

I also hate the constant sweating, its not normal sweat either, it stinks much worse and seems to hang on your clothes.

My worst withdrawal symptom is that my mouth over salivates and the saliva is extra thick, like I drank a lot of mountain dew or milk. And if I shallow even the tiniest bit of my saliva will cause me to go into violent dry heaving of just yellow bile. And then my body just gets SUPER HOT and I sweat profusely and I'm then all on edge, tired, wet, cold, drained of energy...almost dead. Ugh that sucks.

But my first I think is usually around 8-12 hours after my last dose (whether it be small or large, respectively) the yawns with the tears and runny nose....and intolerant to cold. (cold = <80)

I'm using H in binges of say 1-2 Month sometimes, snorted or smoked. For the last times I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms. Nowadays I just feel sick. It's like having a cold. Nose runs, boredom, feeling sick (i hate it), a bit tired, back ache, no appetite, oversensitive, no matter where i am, it's cold (physical), no motivation, insomnia. Everything is pale.

I use Mirtazapine against insomnia. Works quite well, but makes me feel dizzy next day.

Warm showers, walks, low intensive training, etc. helps to be extracted from the sick feeling.
Short binges, less intensive withdrawal but there is less information on short duration withdrawals, so I'd like to share.
Can't even imagine how hard it is, to come of long-term use.

Day 3 and 4 are worst. When I'm running out on my stash next time, I will try Loperamide on the third or fourth day once, just to try out if it helps for the worst part.

Has anyone of you experience in interrupting withdrawal once? Do you have to go through the whole thing again or does it decrease the withdrawal symptons for a short time and continue from there? Edit: The question is answered here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...2-of-heroin-detox-just-restarting-the-process

ParappaTheRapper: What's the deal with Tonic Water?

The quinine in the tonic water clogs the CYP3A4 enzyme, which is something in your body that breaks down opiates. Since its busy, other things that are broken down by the enzyme take much longer to do so. For example, opiates then, last much longer, and are much stronger.

Most of the things I listed are broken down by CYP3A4 and other enzymes, so DXM for example is much stronger and cleaner, so you can take a lower dosage.

Tonic water, specifically however, allows Lopramide to cross the blood-brain barrier. So as far as tapering down or withdrawing, it will last much longer in your system, creating a natural taper. Also, large dosages of it aren't neccasrilly good for you or cost effective.

Tonic water also has phenylalanine, which increases dopamine and could help with restless legs. Not to a large degree, but a certain amount.

Just as far as being cost effective, were talking about a bunch of birds with one stone.

Another one along the same lines, is Quercetin. A good source of this, just as an example, are "Monster Rehab" s. A monster rehab will triple the effect/duration of most opiates/lopramide.

Last edited:
Really eh tonic water huh I gotta get me some of that I'm coming off buprenorphine pretty soon mabye that'll help I wish I knew about it when I was doing heroin to make it stretch put longer so I didn't have fix up every 2 hours even when I'm in bed sleeping I can't go more than 2 hours after getting high on heroin I always wake up at 1 or 2 am Covered in sweat, freezing cold, shivering and shaking so I need another hit to go back to sleep for a while if I don't have anymore then I have to stay awake until I go to work at 6 am. Fuck so many nights I wanted to just end it all it felt so dam hopeless I probably would be dead today either from suicide or my kidneys and liver failing

I have been dealing with a lot of withdrawal symptoms. I need to start on Suboxone in Jersey city. Any suggestions!

I've been taking oxy daily for a good 4 months now. I train myself during the week to take it ONLY after I get off work at 4:30, so I get feelings of WD when I am about to leave work. First I start to sweat, feel hot and cold. I feel loopy and out of it. I get anxious, I have an anxiety disorder and I feel my brain working too fast. If go one day without taking it, that night I have horrible RLS. Can't sleep, awful tingly creepy crawly sensation. The second day of not taking anything my anxiety is sky high. Not really in any pain, luckily I don't experience pain because I force myself to run two miles which helps. I can't get off because I am self medicating my anxiety. I have a prescription for Ativan though. I'm just waiting for the summer to get off this shit. I have two more weeks of work, I just need 3-4 days where I can sleep all day. I will get off, I know I can. Smoke weed. That's all you need.
stay high and gracious.

The moment I know WD's are setting in I get the yawns pretty bad and watery eyes, 20-30min later nose will start running and I can feel the anxiety and restlessness coming on, a few hours later the joint aches and pains will come on, then the diarrhea, around 24hrs the sharp stomach pains and cramps.

I don't get the nausea and vomiting until 2 or 3 days into withdrawal.

. Smoke weed. That's all you need.
stay high and gracious.
HA HA HA, I wish i would have just stuck to smoking pot, I did alot of this back when i was a teenager, this is really all me and my friends did, besides drinking and dropping acid when we got get it! Problem is, once you get on opiates, NOTHING else will ever do!

Ive tried smoking pot when going thru opiate w/ds and while it did get me high, it was not a normal/ or good high, I could still feel the w/ds in the background, the pot high just kind of 'laid on top' on the w/ds....same with drinking, Ive tried that to escape w/ds and that was just a terrible decision, I felt worse when I was drunk!

However, now I know the only thing to cure opiate w/ds are other opiates! LOL, although Ive never tried or even thought about dropping acid on w/ds...not sure how that would be..?

On day 4, I found a bit of H on my desk, enough to get me in comfortable zone (or home zone), a few times. Day 5 I had only enough left to keep the day through without too much withdrawal symptoms. I took 8mg Immodium a couple of hours before bed time. 6th day, I took 4mg Immodium after lunch. 7th day nothing. No WD but insomnia, so back to normal.
It sure wasn't the end of doing opioide binges, I like them too much, but it helps to be sober somedays because of tolerance.

So it's been three weeks since I kicked. Mind you, I did "relapse" a couple times but they were very small doses. I've been taking tiny amounts of subutex every 24-48 hours but for the most part I feel fine. However, my body temp still hasn't gone back to normal. Still getting the chills constantly. Can anyone comment on how long it took them for this to go away?? I feel like I'm just going to be chilly forever or something.

However, now I know the only thing to cure opiate w/ds are other opiates! LOL, although Ive never tried or even thought about dropping acid on w/ds...not sure how that would be..?

Generally considered unpleasant.

Unless maybe you take MEGA doses of safe psychedelics and it gives you the power to get through the withdrawals. Not at all a suggestion.

So it's been three weeks since I kicked. Mind you, I did "relapse" a couple times but they were very small doses. I've been taking tiny amounts of subutex every 24-48 hours but for the most part I feel fine. However, my body temp still hasn't gone back to normal. Still getting the chills constantly. Can anyone comment on how long it took them for this to go away?? I feel like I'm just going to be chilly forever or something.

Everyone has certain symptoms, or one particular one, that hangs around a lot longer than all the others after a detox. The chills/cold sweats are actually a pretty common one to stay with you a while. It's one of the last symptoms to go away for me as well. That and insomnia.

Within another 2 weeks to a month, you should be back to normal physically.

Keep in mind, by using dope a couple times, and taking the suboxone, you're still keeping yourself dependent on opiates (granted at a low tolerance level). So, you're going to have to go through another cycle of withdrawal anyway once you stop taking the bupe.

Keep in mind, by using dope a couple times, and taking the suboxone, you're still keeping yourself dependent on opiates (granted at a low tolerance level). So, you're going to have to go through another cycle of withdrawal anyway once you stop taking the bupe.

I think maybe I didn't make my last post as clear as it could be. In the past few days I've been taking about .5-1mg (hard to tell really at this point) of subutex every day or two, mainly just cuz of the lingering chills, but I haven't been taking it regularly for three weeks. I had three 8mg pills to begin with and did a quick taper (5 days or so). I had about half a pill left this week so I've been slowly using that but kinda sporadically. Do you think that even at such a low dose and given my irregular use, that I would go through w/d from the bupe?

Another thing I've always wondered about is say you're a month or two clean and relapse once, will you still get w/d symptoms or will it be similar to a person with no opiate tolerance doing it once? I wish I knew the answer to this, but whenever I've gotten clean for a while and then decided to just get high once, I've inevitably ended up with a habit before too long. Ugh.

I guess I should just be grateful that insomnia and RLS aren't major symptoms for me, ever. And also for this mattress heater.

srry guys,i know i am writing in an unpropriate place.i am new to BL.i was hoping if someone can tell me how to write a post.this page is confusing.i am new to this forum stuff....i have a lot of expirience about this stuff and i would like to share my thoughts and afcoarse get opinion from you guys..pls whrite me a private msg or somehow explain to me.thx a have a nice day!

This had got to be a troll if I ever saw one, if not (and probably, sadly not)

Read other posts from intelligent people and stupid people and the rules and all the rest follow meaning, it depends on whos posts you preferred, the good ones or.....

Welcome to bluelight

and you can't have private messages yet

srry guys,i know i am writing in an unpropriate place.i am new to BL.i was hoping if someone can tell me how to write a post.this page is confusing.i am new to this forum stuff....i have a lot of expirience about this stuff and i would like to share my thoughts and afcoarse get opinion from you guys..pls whrite me a private msg or somehow explain to me.thx a have a nice day!

Check out The Greenlighters Guide for basic info. Also, we have an Ambassador Program and an Adoption Program where people will take you under their wing and are available to answer questions on navigating the site and whatnot. Check out those links.