• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Final Fantasy

does anyone know where i can get FF7, FF8, FF9 on my computer?

i would love to play them again without the hassle of purchasing...

I am so in love with the Final Fantasy games.
I first played 8 when I was young and its my #1 favorite
my #2 favorite is the one I'm playing now which is 6.
#3 is 9. it was so original.
Least favorite is 7.
Also firstmoment what your gonna do is search for a playstation generator (PSX is a good one) download it and then you have to find final fantasy 8, 7, and 9 torrent on a torrent website, download that using Utorrent and then from there follow a guide on how to set up a ROM on a PSX generator. It's really not as hard as it sounds :)

Last edited:

Btw, has ANYONE beat FFVIII's Omega Weapon normally? I honestly think it is designed specifically to be cheated.

Yeah... I found him a bit easier than Emerald/ Ruby in 7, but maybe it was because it was easier to level up quickly...

I was hooked from the first FF I played: IV, at the time it was called II, but thats because the real 2 and 3 didnt come out in america till much later. Final Fantasy has been addicting from day 1, and I havent play any other RPG that has made me feel the same.

And I dont even need to think about which is my fav. VIII for sure. I dont know how many times I played it.

Rinoa is one of my fav. game characters of all time.

And Squall?HOT

You know.

Plus the music

This just occurred to me... There seems to be a common theme in the Final Fantasy games I have played, 7 - 10. The theme is one that preaches the need for resource management and pollution control. I don't really remember 8 so well, but think about 7, 9, and 10. The storyline of 7 is that an energy company sucks the life out of the planet and brings about destruction of the world. The storyline of 9 is that a race of people destroyed their home planet and had to find a new planet to live on. The storyline of 10 is that a civilization overuses technology and nearly destroys the world, leaving the future generations to deal with the repercussions. Anyone else see a common theme here?

How awesome it was of them to base the games around such important concepts. It reinforces what everyone in this thread seems to already agree on, that these games were truly great and inspiring.

So, I ended up getting bored with FF7 (around the point at which you escape from the desert prison below the Gold Saucer), and started FF9.

IMHO, in comparing the quality of 9 vs. 7, I can see that 7 is hugely overrated. 9 is clearly the better game, with a charming presentation, beautiful and stylish visuals, a top-notch soundtrack, and *so far* a story that actually interests me and makes sense.

Something tells me a lot of people played FF7 as their first in the series, and have a major nostalgia factor discoloring the judgment.

christ i forgot how shit the original playstation graphics were lol. i shouldnt complain though

Last edited:
^ Use ePSXe (or another compatible emulator) with Pete's OpenGL2 graphics plugin, if you aren't already. Seriously, it makes the 3D models go from annoyingly pixellated to beautifully detailed. Highly recommended.

If you need a good OGL2 configuration, just PM me.

FF9 is a great game for sure, I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. The graphics are actually pretty damn good, I'd check the emulator.

argh i just played through to the first save point and it wouldnt let me assign a memory card slot on my ps3.... what the fuck

^I had to use a PS1 memory card playing it on the PS2, not sure about the PS3 though...

Ive played

FF2
FF5
FF6
FF7
FF8
FF9
FF10

Dont like the newer ones...

My absolute favourite is FF7,,

It has Such a soul to it.. The story, The characters, The places and landmarks on it, The music.

Brilliance. Best game ive ever played in fact ......

I couldn't agree more with this... FF7 was amazing beyond belief... I wanna play it again now lol.

I love ff. Just finished 2&3 on iPod which were pretty fun actually. Also own 11,12. And have played and beaten 1,4,5,6,7 on my comp running one of those shitty translator versions, cuz it's impossible in stupid japaneese!

I've been listening to a lot of video game music from the 90's lately and decided to listen to some FF7 tracks. Holy crap. I remember enjoying a lot of the tracks when I was younger, but listening to them now is literally flooring me. It's not just the nostalgia (though it is mostly)-- it's also the beauty of the song and game, and everything comes flashing back with such force. Incredible. I want to shake the hands of every person that was a part of that game and soundtrack.

For anyone else who played FF7 back in the 90's, look up the song "Ahead on Our Way" and see if it doesn't give you a ridiculous nostalgia-gasm.

So, I ended up getting bored with FF7 (around the point at which you escape from the desert prison below the Gold Saucer), and started FF9.

IMHO, in comparing the quality of 9 vs. 7, I can see that 7 is hugely overrated. 9 is clearly the better game, with a charming presentation, beautiful and stylish visuals, a top-notch soundtrack, and *so far* a story that actually interests me and makes sense.

Something tells me a lot of people played FF7 as their first in the series, and have a major nostalgia factor discoloring the judgment.

I think a lot of it was the time that 7 came out in. It's a bit different playing 7 in 2011 than it was playing it around 1997. It was truly groundbreaking at the time and really touched a lot of people.

The first one i played was 8. 8 Seems to get a lot of hate buy i liked it. I think a lot of people were too lazy/stupid to figure out the junctioning system so they decided to say it just sucks because it doesn't baby you like 7 does throughout the game. I was never one to waste a ton of time refining magic from items to junction to my stats, just going through the game drawing magic from the enemys you find is more than enough. Just draw 100 from em and junction in to whatever stat. My buddy used to waste like a ridiculous amount of time getting magic at the beginning of the game any by the end of disk one his force was invinceable. Kind of kills the fun of the game but i digress.

Anyone ever beat ruby weapon in 7? I pretty much did everything that could be done in that game, but i never beat ruby weapon. He's the big red guy that's in the desert like area around the gold saucer.
It's messed up cause when you fight him he does that stupid attack where he takes away your party members and you end up trying to 1 man him...WTF!

Also, pegasus another song that gives me some nostalgic feelings from that game is holding my thoughts in my heard :)

Last edited:
I Dont hate 8
But i found it hard , i never was even able to complete it. It does have a great OST.
But still many hours of Frustration and swearing hahaha.

FF 7 will to me, always be the greatest 1 game ive ever played in my life.

The first one i played was 8. 8 Seems to get a lot of hate buy i liked it. I think a lot of people were too lazy/stupid to figure out the junctioning system so they decided to say it just sucks because it doesn't baby you like 7 does throughout the game. I was never one to waste a ton of time refining magic from items to junction to my stats, just going through the game drawing magic from the enemys you find is more than enough. Just draw 100 from em and junction in to whatever stat. My buddy used to waste like a ridiculous amount of time getting magic at the beginning of the game any by the end of disk one his force was invinceable. Kind of kills the fun of the game but i digress.

Anyone ever beat ruby weapon in 7? I pretty much did everything that could be done in that game, but i never beat ruby weapon. He's the big red guy that's in the desert like area around the gold saucer.
It's messed up cause when you fight him he does that stupid attack where he takes away your party members and you end up trying to 1 man him...WTF!

Also, pegasus another song that gives me some nostalgic feelings from that game is holding my thoughts in my heard :)

the only way to master FF8 is to refine shitloads of the best magic from items and junction your characters until they are maxed out.

the way to beat ruby weapon is to enter a random battle somewhere else, kill off your team members except for cloud, and enter against ruby weapon 1 on 1. Then you just beat the shit out of it with omnislash, knights of the round, and defend as best you can.