• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy 7 <3 Was annoying leveling up and I never beat the end boss but what a great fucking game. I wish they would remake it...there was always rumors of this happening :(

The only way I play RPGs these days is without min/maxing, no leveling for the sake of leveling or gaining abilities or items - just play through with as little game time, levels, and abilities as possible. It is wayyyyy more fun when you're sweating it out on the last boss hoping to survive their attacks which can most likely insta kill your people and throwing around a handful of elixirs and what have yous to help out your meager healing abilities.

I've played back through Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy 6, and Final Fantasy 7 all in the past year this way and it's been a blast. Beating Tactics with a group of normalish guys (my black mage was strong but the rest were just like chemists and knights and shit), Chrono Trigger at level 42 (Lavos could 1 shot my guys still), and dropping Rock Candy like a mofo w/ Mario to defeat the last guy.. blasting on Kefka with Locke with x-attack for like a pittance of damage as my strongest guy... Pretty damn fun times!! FF1 is next up on my todo list. :)

Hell yeah. When I replay these days, it's all about playing through the game and not busting my ass leveling up until the fights are worth it.

Yeah. If you just power-level, then beating the game is an accomplishment of time spent, not skill and intelligence.

And once you know where the real efficient leveling up is, you know that you can always wait until that point of the game and get ultra-high levels in probably less time total (by a long shot), as I've learned with Final Fantasy 7. Another thing I'm learning is which weapons and materia to just skip buying, period, and what I've noticed is that my current file is less than 10 hours through and I am finished with the first disk and into the snowy plains, but I have loads of extra cash.

I Dont hate 8
But i found it hard , i never was even able to complete it. It does have a great OST.
But still many hours of Frustration and swearing hahaha.

FF 7 will to me, always be the greatest 1 game ive ever played in my life.

It really isnt that hard if you do a decent job of junctioning your magic. Just make sure you have 100 of each magic type, and see which ones raise which stats the most. When you see an opportunity to get better magic (say your using 100 thunders junctioned to strength, and you encounter a monster that you can draw thundara's from) stock up. You don't even need to refine magic from items, you can still beat the game relatively easily if you just make sure your always drawing the best magic available. The first time i played through the game i didnt even refine any magic from items and beat it with relative ease. Just dont miss any GF's!

It really isnt that hard if you do a decent job of junctioning your magic. Just make sure you have 100 of each magic type, and see which ones raise which stats the most. When you see an opportunity to get better magic (say your using 100 thunders junctioned to strength, and you encounter a monster that you can draw thundara's from) stock up. You don't even need to refine magic from items, you can still beat the game relatively easily if you just make sure your always drawing the best magic available. The first time i played through the game i didnt even refine any magic from items and beat it with relative ease. Just dont miss any GF's!

I must give FFVIII a whole play through again methinks... hehe

Have you guys heard of the new one? It's called Final Fantasy 0: Sephiroth. It is Final Fantasy VII told from the perspective of Sephiroth, and is the first of a series of games told from the perspective of ther villain.

i recently picked up a used copy of FFXIII for 360 without knowing anything about it....

screw research, i want to know what you guys think

is it a fun game?

any simple tutorial advice you can give?

My advice for Final Fantasy XIII is to fight every single battle you can - don't be selective at all - before you get to the free-roaming/world map part, which is pretty far into the game. After that, it will be obvious that you have to be selective (giant, building-sized creatures march around with a little crew of normal sized scragglers, and you have to work your way up to those challenges). Don't get discouraged by the linearity and boring characters. XIII is all about the battle system, which might be hard to believe since it's easy to think, "oh - so I can't control anything, this sucks." Give it some time, and you'll realize that it is the most awesome battle system in a Final Fantasy so far. When you roll up on a boss that is absolutely impossible to beat, take about 20 minutes to re-group your party in the menu, change the battle strategy set-up, and re-enter the battle with your new roles. The key to being a badass in FF XIII is to constantly switch paradigms in battle, like you are popping a clutch in a Ferrari going around a track with a lot of twists and turns. It is the only Final Fantasy I've ever played where you can totally change the balance of a battle just by changing your strategy.

A lot of hardcore Final Fantasy fans will talk shit about XIII, and rightfully so, I guess, but it is actualy very hypnotizing when you are playing it - and when you catch your stride with the battle system you will see that it rarely gets boring. The locales are stunning, and despite the lack of typical Final Fantasy masterpiece music, the ambient music and sound effects are on par with the classics in their own right. My only complaint with the Xbox version in the choppy frame rate when you're in super-expansive locales with tons of species of creatures roaming the fields.

To be honest, I got pretty far and quit. I just lost interest, but will definitely go back once I get some time.

whats you guys favorite soundtrack from the FF series?

got so much love for FF7 and FF8 =D immersed me so much, amazing games

suikoden is such a superior series vs. FF, despite of what captainballs says

the best part of RPGs, to me, is recruiting members to your party, and in each suikoden there are 108 characters to sign-up

suikoden 3 for ps2 is pretty bad ass, you get to see the storyline from three perspectives, than mid-way through the game you have to decide which hero you want

Got really into FFVIII, liked IX too. My friends wasted most of their teenage years on VII - I was too scared to play that game; I had stuff to get done :)

suikoden is such a superior series vs. FF, despite of what captainballs says

the best part of RPGs, to me, is recruiting members to your party, and in each suikoden there are 108 characters to sign-up

suikoden 3 for ps2 is pretty bad ass, you get to see the storyline from three perspectives, than mid-way through the game you have to decide which hero you want

I heard Suikoden II and III are really good. I played part I back in the day, and I played the game all the way through. I got about 80 characters if I recall, and I kept waiting for the game to get badass. Waited and waited, and then it was over. I was like wtf? It really turned me off from trying to play the next ones... but they're supposed to be good.

suikoden 2 is like playstation caviar

if you want a copy expect to cough up around 100 bucks

i played the beginning of it on a rom/emulator years ago and it was pretty awesome, but the files were all corrupt and stopped working

when i first played suikoden 1 i was like 13 years old, so way was i sharp enough track down all 108 characters so i just used a guide

suikoden 3 is very awesome and defininetly has 'complete me more than once' written all over it, sadly suikoden 4 started off way too slow for me and never really gave it a chance, i wasn't digging the whole outer space environment...my brother tells me suikoden tactics is the shit

and now is when i shamelessly plug shining force for sega, get the rom and enjoy, perhaps the pioneer of tactical rpgs....getting characters(there are roughly 20 characters to recruit in your party) to level ten and having them 'promoted' is a cool transformation, their appearance changes as well as their attack move