Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: Party Monster

rate this movie

• [img]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • [img]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/img][img]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • [img]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/img][img]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/img][img]http://i1

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • [img]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/img][img]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/img][img]http://i1

Votes: 21 37.5%

• Total voters
No offense, but this has got to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my entire life. Macaulay Culkin is so un-gay and such a bad bad actor. He still does that annoying blinking thing from his hit movie of yesteryear. Seth Green was good, though. (My friend said he would get not gay sometimes, however, I did not notice)

Maybe it's me. But it was terrible! I sometimes got the idea that they were saving money by keeping angles for extended periods of time without cutting to close ups.

I dunno I just felt really bad that I had bought the DVD. I totally regret it. It sucked balls. Maybe they realized more than halfway through that Culkin sucked, or whatever. I think the whole Club Kids thing is interesting, and the story would have worked with better actors and more polished shots. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I give it twenty thousand thumbs down.

this movie is horrid.

the acting is lame... seth green is OCCASSIONALLY funny...

and the 'reality' of it is iffy.

they make it seem that Keoki was off to "better" ways of living when he returned to see Alig had killed their cat... uhm... Keoki was even trying to get clean until about 2000... this would have happened around 96 or 97...

And there was no public barrading of James St James on Donahue (the only show where Alig and St James appeared on together) ...

And, I don't think the parties showed in the movie fully encapsulated just how wonderfully crazy the party scene -- and the club kid scene -- was in NYC around that time. Remember, this era effectively put the STUDIO 54 days TO SHAME.

BUt aside from that, the acting was bad. i've seen better faggotry on SNL.

if you want a fucked up fag movie, i suggest seeing HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH. but ONLY on DVD... there's actually some really good parts that I felt were necessary for the plot that didn't make the cut...

'fucked up fag movie'.... might be a little over the top, especially since I bet there's many homosexual people on the site. But going from Home Alone 2: Lost In N.Y. to playing Alig is a huge step in acting I'd say, and one he done quite well. It was a hard part to get into I'd say.

I read on imdb under the documentary comments that in the Special Features of the disc they interview Angel's brother and get his comments on the documentary and the book. I might have to buy this from overseas to get it here in Australia. The whole club kid thing fascinates me, not because I'd want to be involved in it, but because they've just kind of gone un-noticed to me.

keystroke said:
'fucked up fag movie'.... might be a little over the top, especially since I bet there's many homosexual people on the site. But going from Home Alone 2: Lost In N.Y. to playing Alig is a huge step in acting I'd say, and one he done quite well. It was a hard part to get into I'd say.

all he did was accept a dif't role... that wasn't daring.

what was daring was coming RIGH TOFF his HOME ALONE success and doing a bad guy in THE GOOD SON... now THAT was daring...

Culkin's limp-wristed rendition of Alig (who, #1 wasn't very limp wristed) was a pathetic 2-dimensional portrayal of an "evil genius" who accomplished so much more (in a fucked up way)...

and i'm sure there are plenty of homos on the board... i'm one of them.

and this movie sucked.

the acting sucked

the "history" sucked

and any movie dealing with club fags and there's no kissing?

wow. yeah, some actors.

kinda hard to do a movie about sex, drugs, rave n roll and murder with no sex.

pansies.

almost like Will Smith's pussying out of a man-to-man kiss on 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION by having a stand in do it...

lame.

Seriously, if you want a proper fag movie, rent HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY ITCH... and you'll see how a true over-the-top movie should be.

What annoyed me most was how sometimes Culkin would laugh like Dr. Evil.

physix said:

wow. yeah, some actors.

kinda hard to do a movie about sex, drugs, rave n roll and murder with no sex.

pansies.

almost like Will Smith's pussying out of a man-to-man kiss on 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION by having a stand in do it...

I'll agree that it was a fucken cop out.. especially that trash can scene with Keoki in the begining. I think that sacrifice was made in order to get more mainstream attention though... just my opinion.

I think the movie as a whole wasnt the best..... Mac and Seth did ok as Michael and James. But i think for ppl to really understand this movie, they need to first do research on the actual happenings that took place. Yes its a true story, but in the movie they didnt really portray how much the drugs really effected them, and the extremity of the actual crime. all it really did was glorify the parties and drug use. i Mean, thats all well and good, i guess thats whats to be expected with a true story-turned book- turned docudrama. The actual story and real facts are really interesting, anyone who doesnt know should look it up. Ive read the book and watched the shocumentary, and ive done a lot of research on it. i actually followed it when it was a present thing. (strange morbid curiosity i guess). But yeah, the movie i guess was ok.... the costumes were cool.

mccauly and seth green are horrible actors or else alig and james st james are totally devoid of personality

I thought this was a very weird, but well done film.

A lot of it made me very sad, actually.

The acting is great..but the characters..well most of them are just such sad, lost people.

The scene where they are all freaked out and coming down and the guy (I forget his name) goes "I think I dropped a rock. Dude I dropped a rock, help me look for it!" and they start searching around on the ground all crazy...that scene TOTALLY gave me a flashback of my crackhead days..I would do crazy shit like that. It made me sad watching that..so true of someone deep in drug addiction.

I thought the film was harshly realistic yet bizzarly surreal at the same time.

Marylin Mansons character was the most disturbing thing I have ever seen. It seriously made me feel sick watching "it"...

Seth Green did an amazing job. I never would have guessed he would have done such a good job being so fruity.

Macauly Culkin was quite amazing..yet a little freaky. He is VERY feminine..his movement and mannerisms were so on point, it was sorta disturbing. He's ALMOST sorta cute..but there is something thats just slightly off that bothers me when watching him.

Overall I'd give this movie a B, and an A for the acting.

MultipleSclerosis said:
mccauly and seth green are horrible actors or else alig and james st james are totally devoid of personality

Considering what I saw of Alig on the documentery, I'd say Mac did a pretty good job. He pulled off that weird, sorta blank, almost soulless behind the eyes look that I noticed in Alig. Very subtle.

The scene where they are all freaked out and coming down and the guy (I forget his name) goes "I think I dropped a rock. Dude I dropped a rock, help me look for it!" and they start searching around on the ground all crazy...that scene TOTALLY gave me a flashback of my crackhead days..I would do crazy shit like that. It made me sad watching that..so true of someone deep in drug addiction.

read the book and see how fucked up the "real" version of that story is. absolutely hillarious (but in a really sad way)

after reading the book, i now have a greater appreciation for the film. i think it does the book justice as much as a film can. certainly there are liberties taken but thats only to be expected.

Originally posted by physix

wow. yeah, some actors.

blame the screenwriter and/or the director.

alasdair

That's not a crack hole... that's a rat hole.... Rats on Crack Attack!

i kept the movie on for a half hour tops, i just couldnt stand to watch it any more.

there is lots of mixed reviews of this movie, I found it highly entertaining and an excelent piece of film.

but others find it rubbish :\

regardless, you should see this film, it will put you on either an "I hate it" side or an "I love it."

"this is fereze he use to be a hat maker now hes a drug dealer". "Oh, congradulations on getting out of the habidashery industry, may i sample your wares" "i promise i will never do crack with out heroin" "we are living in the age...." i liked that electro songs they put in this movie. I think Taking into account the eccetric nature of the people portrayed and the extreme camp factors of the actual party scene back then, this movie was extremely entertaning for what it was. It of course falls way beyond short compared to the book, but most movies do. This movie made me laugh, seth green did a wonderful job as troll st troll and mackl did a great job looking extremely fucked up on drugs through out the movie. all and all it is one of my friends and I's most quoted film as of late.

-phil-