• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Festival & Rave Harm Reduction thread

It's very much about what you personally prefer- it sounds like you know how each of these substances affect you, so I'd make a decision from there.

If you enjoy candyflipping, but you are not certain how a hippyflip would go, your choice is to go for something familiar that feels "safe", or to do something new and exciting that you may really enjoy (or not). Though many people choose festivals to be a place to try new things, it's really best to save new experiences for environments with fewer people, less security and police, and more familiar surroundings IMO. Some people enjoy the excitement of trying something new and not knowing how it will go.

Yep thats fairly spot on at what my dilemma is! Candy-flip I know the territory but hippy-flipping sounds really exciting. It may not be such a good idea to try something new in an unfamiliar environment when I know that i'll have a wicked time candy-flipping.. Though I'm probably going to keep going back and forth undecided until the night haha!

I'm going to a festival in NYC very soon. Having read the Bunk Police message about how cut e is at festivals nowadays, I'm a little hesitant. I wish I had a source in NYC but I'm from out of town. I REALLY want to roll at this festival though (haven't in over a year). So, I bought a testing kit. Now for my question: assuming a trusted source in NYC doesn't materialize out of thin air, should I prefer pills, crystals, or powder? I've heard plenty of people say that, at this point in time, crystals/powder tend to be cut just as often as pills. For those of you in the area, what seems to be the purest at the moment? Of course, I'll test whatever I get, but I'd like to know what to prefer before I buy.

I'm going to a festival in NYC very soon. Having read the Bunk Police message about how cut e is at festivals nowadays, I'm a little hesitant. I wish I had a source in NYC but I'm from out of town. I REALLY want to roll at this festival though (haven't in over a year). So, I bought a testing kit. Now for my question: assuming a trusted source in NYC doesn't materialize out of thin air, should I prefer pills, crystals, or powder? I've heard plenty of people say that, at this point in time, crystals/powder tend to be cut just as often as pills. For those of you in the area, what seems to be the purest at the moment? Of course, I'll test whatever I get, but I'd like to know what to prefer before I buy.

Try to go for powder/crystal mdma, and go for pills if you cannot come across those. But ALWAYS TEST YER SHIT, no matter which one you get. Good luck man :)

Help me figure this out: Can I do this at a 3-day festival, with the 2nd day being the best in terms of lineup?:
day 1: 1 mescaline pill, day 2: 2 E pills, day 3: 1 mescaline pill.
(Considering that: I haven't done Anything at all for 7 months. mescaline doesn't give me a hangover and there is no bad comedown.)
Has anyone safely tripped on this combo? Thanks.

That would probably be great except that mescaline doesnt come in pills

well technically it wasnt verified, since you didnt test it....t definitely sounds like mescaline, but it could just as easily be 2cb

is it an actual pill? or is it a capsule? how big is the pill or how much powder is in the capsule?

either way, you are better off going with the 2 pills of "mescaline" (or whatever) the last day....you will have tolerance from the first batch after two days still, so i pill will feel more like a half.

also, it is likely that there will be cross tolerance between the mescaline (or whatever) and the e pills, assuming they are actually MDxx, since both are phenathylamines

Staying safe at ULTRA?

Hey everyone,

So SWIM is going to Ultra this march and SWIM know's he/she will be taking a lot of Mollie (orally) and a lot of Adderall (snorting). SWIM will be taking them in a safe way but how can SWIM physically prepare there body for the 3 day drug abuse? Please don't say not to do it because SWIM already made up their mind. SWIM is just looking for the healthiest way to go about it and is there any food/drink/vitamin that can save SWIM's body from a lot of damage. Any tips? THANKS!

Hey laxguy.

You don't have to use the term 'SWIM' here.

I'm going to move this over to Ecstasy Discussion where you'll get better responses. Have fun @ Ultra. Jealous of you!

HL ----> Ecstasy Discussion

Rolling days in a row is HORRIBLE for you. You will do the same amount of damage in those 3 days, as you could do in months of rolling every week. Adding a stimulant to that, and you can expect INCREDIBLE damage to your brain.

You may not want to hear it, but it has to be said. You wont even get high by the third day, and you will already feel like shit on the second. I would save the rolling for the third day, and just go BALLS TO THE WALL. You will save your brain a TON of neurological damage.

MDMA releases a ton of serotonin, the chemical in your brain that will naturally make you happy, and regulate emotions and body function. After one day of rolling, your serotonin levels are at an all time low. If you keep trying to roll, its going to keep going down, which will result in not only you not getting high, but you will feel like complete shit for a week after.

Just find something else to do for 2 days dude.... do you really need to roll to enjoy these events? Then maybe you shouldnt go.

also who is SWIM?

Rolling days in a row is HORRIBLE for you. You will do the same amount of damage in those 3 days, as you could do in months of rolling every week. Adding a stimulant to that, and you can expect INCREDIBLE damage to your brain.

You may not want to hear it, but it has to be said. You wont even get high by the third day, and you will already feel like shit on the second. I would save the rolling for the third day, and just go BALLS TO THE WALL. You will save your brain a TON of neurological damage.

MDMA releases a ton of serotonin, the chemical in your brain that will naturally make you happy, and regulate emotions and body function. After one day of rolling, your serotonin levels are at an all time low. If you keep trying to roll, its going to keep going down, which will result in not only you not getting high, but you will feel like complete shit for a week after.

Just find something else to do for 2 days dude.... do you really need to roll to enjoy these events? Then maybe you shouldnt go.

also who is SWIM?

do you have some facts to back this up? Like studies, tests, ect...

I rolled 3 nights in a row at a music festival this last summer, little bit the first night, little bit more the second night, and the third night I went all out and had the best time ever, I rolled better than my first roll. I didn't have too bad of a come down to be honest (at least not as bad as I expected), I had good mdma. But the one time I ingested a pipe I felt like SHIT for a few weeks and had a bad bout of derealization.

Only thing that will really help you in this situation is pure mdma.

Since youre set on this I suggest not trying to get extremely high each night and just take it 'easy' till the last night.

Yes, there are a lot of studies about it.

Im going to bed now though, Ill post some tomorrow.

FBC will have a much better explanation Im sure...

Combining dopamine releasing/reuptake inhibiting agents can be quite dangerous while taking MDMA, since the neuortoxicity supposedly happens when dopamine enters your 5-ht receptors since MDMA cause them to release basically all of your serotonin and causes them to be "open" for many hours, and thus causing destruction and inevitable receptor down-regulation as the dopamine accidentally enters your 5-ht receptors while they are vulnerable. Not a scientifically exact description of the process, but pretty much sums it up. So adding more dopamine into the picture only makes things much worse. Maybe roll one night, and just take adderall/other stimulants another night, rolling in consecutive days is quite harsh on your brain and body.

But to answer your question, you should eat a healthy diet, maybe take a multivitamin, get good sleep and maybe pre-load with 5-thp for a couple days prior to Ultra. But I do not recommend taking any 5-htp the day before, as it can cause diminished effects with MDMA, only take an hour or two after the comedown to help prevent some neurtoxicity. Take plenty of vitamin C and potassium, as they are very good for your heart and regulating it's electrical rhythm (mainly potassium). I know you wont be too hungry for most of the event, but try eating at least a banana daily and any other food you can force yourself to eat. Have essentials on you such as aspirin in case of heart issues or head aches, keep hydrated (but not overly). Gatorade is good because it offers hydration as well as electrolytes and potassium. Have fun and be safe, always test your product if possible, PLUR. Don;t be another statistic.

Last edited:

also who is SWIM?
rolling days in a row isn't going to be the equivalent of rolling err weekend for 6 months, dont pull shit out fo your ass like that. there wont be OMG A TON OF DAMAGE. yeah, there'd be more, but its not lke OMG IM RETARDED NOW, just stop. If he wants to roll at the fest, that's his decision, you shoudn't try to tell people that they shoudln't be going to shows when you dont eve go to shows or anything/no experience. you shoudln't go if you're JUST looking to get fucked up, but wanting to not be sober is understandable, hell if ultra goes late every night, you'd HAVE to be doing speed or something to be not passing out....learned that lesson at starscape last year, all night fest (when you're taking clean MDMA), gotta bring the speed for after rolling because i literally slept the last 2 hours on and off of starscape fest, was unable to stay up.
going "balls to the wall" instead of going 3 times isn't exactly HR, because in the end you'd still be raping your brain, and helll i woudlnt be surprised if one LARGE dose is worse than several smaller doses because of tolerance and shit after the first of the smaller doses.

Yes, there are a lot of studies about it.

Im going to bed now though, Ill post some tomorrow.

FBC will have a much better explanation Im sure...

Oh you mean the guy who tried to
Give himself an enema and swears up and down his health and digestive issues are related to MDMA?

Yep he's a great resource

Hey everyone, first off...THANK YOU for all the help and tips everyone is supplying, thats epic.

In response to one thing...I always have and will appreciate EDM and concerts and everything regardless of what drug I'm taking..for me, its a personal choice to take MDMA while at a concert because it makes that feeling and experience so much more memorable...not to mention the amount of friends I make from being so empathetic (hahah)

I probably will roll all three days but keep the hardest night for last. I was thinking about trying to get about an hours worth of exercise each morning in hopes to keep somewhat healthy and on track...would this be beneficial or just hurt me even more in your opinion?

Also, a lot of you are talking about getting clean MDMA which is an issue where I am from...do any of you suggest getting stuff at the event or buying it here and taking it with you..I'm flying down, mind you, so I don't even know how I could get it to Miami? lol

THANK YOU AGAIN to everyone for all the support and hopefully I'll see some of you fellow ravers down in Miami!!!

-Keep it sleazy

LSDMDMA&10289486 said:
rolling days in a row isn't going to be the equivalent of rolling err weekend for 6 months, dont pull shit out fo your ass like that. there wont be OMG A TON OF DAMAGE. yeah, there'd be more, but its not lke OMG IM RETARDED NOW, just stop. If he wants to roll at the fest, that's his decision, you shoudn't try to tell people that they shoudln't be going to shows when you dont eve go to shows or anything/no experience. you shoudln't go if you're JUST looking to get fucked up, but wanting to not be sober is understandable, hell if ultra goes late every night, you'd HAVE to be doing speed or something to be not passing out....learned that lesson at starscape last year, all night fest (when you're taking clean MDMA), gotta bring the speed for after rolling because i literally slept the last 2 hours on and off of starscape fest, was unable to stay up.
going "balls to the wall" instead of going 3 times isn't exactly HR, because in the end you'd still be raping your brain, and helll i woudlnt be surprised if one LARGE dose is worse than several smaller doses because of tolerance and shit after the first of the smaller doses.

That's what I was thinking, I;ve binged a few times (3-4days long) but other than that I usually keep it once a month, or less. Some friends I have roll every weekend and always complain about how fucked up they constantly feel, and how little the mdma is affecting them now.

LSDMDMA&10289486 said:
and helll i woudlnt be surprised if one LARGE dose is worse than several smaller doses because of tolerance and shit after the first of the smaller doses.

Re-dosing is proven to cause much more damage, and thats only one or two hours after the initial one. Rolling multiple days in a row is going to send neurotoxicity through the roof. You cant debate this. You will do the same amount of damage that you would do in weeks of RESPONSIBLE rolling, there is a difference you know.

I would not recommend going all out on the third day, because it wont even work. Have you ever tried rolling 2 days in a row? You get practically nothing the second day, by the third it would be literally nothing, and you would still be raping the fuck out of your brain, and if you take larger doses each time thats just going to keep building off itself.

If you cant even get MDMA, then your going to be pipeing for 3 days straight, I dont even know what to say about that. You would be lucky to have a functioning brain after that :\

Ill start looking for those studies soon, but its a very widely accepted fact that MDMA days in a row is not only not worth it (from a money standpoint), but that it causes significantly more damage than rolling several weeks in a row.

As for the "do you need MDMA?" comment, that was my way of saying find something else for those first two days. There are plenty of other fun drugs to be found at festies, and if you want to REALLY have a good time on the third day, you will wait.

You seem to have you mind set on it though, so I can only pray to got you get some meth bombs.... cause you wont find MDMA in Miami for sure lol. Your going to be taking unknown chemicals, three days in a row... just please stop and think about that for a while before you decide to do it.

Best of luck to you, but I really hope you just decide to get drunk or something... off to find some proof

Here is something,

The prevailing view is that the popular recreational drug (±)3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, or “ecstasy”) is a selective serotonin neurotoxin in animals and possibly in humans. Nonhuman primates exposed to several sequential doses of MDMA, a regimen modeled after one used by humans, developed severe brain dopaminergic neurotoxicity, in addition to less pronounced serotonergic neurotoxicity. MDMA neurotoxicity was associated with increased vulnerability to motor dysfunction secondary to dopamine depletion. These results have implications for mechanisms of MDMA neurotoxicity and suggest that recreational MDMA users may unwittingly be putting themselves at risk, either as young adults or later in life, for developing neuropsychiatric disorders related to brain dopamine and/or serotonin deficiency.

Source: http://www.sciencemag.org/content/297/5590/2260.short

This is only talking about more doses hours after the first one, days after is going to have the same problem, but much worse. Your brain's serotonin (and other chemicals) levels are at an all time low after a roll, if you release more, then your going to be in a bad place...

When there is less serotonin for your brain to release, it starts looking for other chemicals to let out instead, like dopamine. This leads to increased levels of it in your serotonin axons, and it has been shown that a lot of the damage to your SERT receptors is caused by dopamine getting in there.

Ill find some proof for that too, Im not done ;)

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0091305788901554
It wont let me copy this, so you'll have to read it yourself. Most of these studies you have to sign up to read the whole thing, so Im not being too complete, I know. This shows exactly why rolling days in a row is a very bad idea though.

Of course the doses they use are crazy high, so no you wont lose 90% of your serotonin in these 3 days, but it is needed to show the incredible damage that MDMA CAN cause, especially when abused like this.

its really a bitch to read through all these studies though. Your all lucky I care so much lol

Last edited: