• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Feds Move to ban "Fake Pot"

But herbal incense at 20 dollars a gram, that doesnt seem like the normal going rate for non-drug incense. I get what your trying to say and i understand your stance as a seller of the product, but you must understand my position. I'm only trying to inform the public that its not as cut and dry as dealers make it seem to be. They banned specific compounds yes but theres alot to the term analog that people dont get. A lot of the new ones can be considered analogs by some sense the new Am-xxxx is jwh-018 with just with a halogen on the pentyl chain, thats an analog of jwh-018.

All I'm trying to say is you might be shielded from corrupt officers who hate on teenagers smoking your product, but someone might at some point have to deal with a FELONY because they didnt realize something.

Whoa Whoa. I would like to very clearly state that I do NOT agree with the sale of our products to teenagers....Every store that I sell to is either a head shop, adult novelty store, or tattoo shop....this is the best that I can do as the owner of my company to prevent our products from getting into kids hands.
That's where this whole problem stemmed from...these stores such as gas stations that were conducting such business...should be ashamed...even though there is no regulation on our products...these people should no better...and they do....they just don't care...it's all dollar signs to them.
That's not the way I run my business....and I never will.
Jonny Clearwater's Cloud 9 does everything it can to handle our products as responsibly as possible.
Having said that....I totally understand where your coming from....but the point I'm trying to make to you is that the people that need be concerned with the new laws...are the manufacturers and the retailers of these products...not the consumer. We are the ones that have to make sure that we follow the laws carefully so as to continue to legally make products for those that want them.

Mr literal taking teenagers too mean 14 year olds :) teenagers was a blanket term for anyone under 25 that police will hassle for drugs. Also 18 year olds are still teenagers. I'm just trying to emphasize personal responsibility when it comes to the idea of doing drugs since your faceless company probably wont send a lawyer to alabama where the 18 year old dish washer just got caught with a suspected schedule one substance.

And this is probably a bad forum for all your plugs for your merchandise. Bluelight tends to not take kindly to the selling of drugs. And why buy your incense when we can just get pure from chemical suppliers? Shouldnt you be marketing toward people who cant buy their own research chemicals and a spray bottle pick up some foliage from outside and call it a business?

I'm not on here to sell anything....I'm here to speak from our perspective.
And I'm not here to argue with you either...I clearly stated that I understood where you were coming from.
And our "faceless" company needs not send a lawyer to anyone that has legally purchased a product from a store that legally sold it.
Does anyone else have something to say about any of this...because I'm tired of talking to a brick wall.
Oh yeah....BOOMSHAKALAKA....love that word :D

The consumer is the one who gets arrested. Sorry if I'm trying to look out for your "customers" and you made an account to put a plug on this specific thread, thats why you only have 6 posts most of which you spent fighting me. The reason you encounter a "brick wall" is because you came to a forum that prides itself in not condoning the selling of any drugs.

You clearly have not heard of this thing called the drug war in which nearly innocent individuals are routinely set up by police. They aren't the sellers but the users of the product. Its scary to think that you probably don't know the number of analogs that exist. Like the word diastereomer probably doesn't exist outside of an organic chemistry lecture and has no true baring on this discussion but its a form of an analog.

My point being no matter how much you defend your product in the end the consumer is all alone. You wont be there to tell the police your product is legal and who is the person reading this to tell them its not either. If i didnt say it someone else would its called harm reduction you can say your product is legal but you dont issue tickets so why listen to you.

You do realize that you continue to reference consumers getting screwed over, but your talking about drugs that are illegal....which by the way is not what this thread is about.
You should do some online searching in regards to this federal ban...and you will clearly see it stated that this motion will not eliminate hebal incense...that these companies will continue to find ways to make these products not only legal, but available to the public...this motion will simply make it harder to get due to the fact that many of these companies will go out of business rather than adapt.
If I was here simply to plug a product...I wouldn't be arguing with you....so again your right. :D

Not trying to be right just trying to raise a point. This has never happened before, after a federal ban an analog your saying your product will have no legal issues. I'm merely saying this has never happened before and to make such a claim prior to the ban settling is foolish. Your asking people to risk their lives and freedom to buy a product that you believe is utilizing some loop hole without any reference from the past to believe it. You are not in a position of power so why should anyone believe that your product will actually be 100% legal. Most people probably dont know anything about analogs and just assume because it looks different its not an analog. All I want is for people to realize this has never happened before the government realizes that there are millions of possible analogs and everyone is acting like they dont know this. I would make sure everyone fully understands the term analog and how much they can manipulate the act. I doubt in the history of science so many uneducated people ever heard of term analog as they do now, and suddenly everyone is a chemist.

This whole thing worries me analogs should have been kept something the general public never heard of so the ones who seek them out wouldnt have to worry about law. JWH-018 and its sellers have now ruined the RC scene and the idea of analogs remaining under wraps, thats why have disdain toward it.

Again I can appreciate your concern. But we are not drug dealers...and all of us that want to continue to be in business will follow the law to do so.

But you dont actually know the law since there's no reference from the past. You're assuming you know the law because of the way it was written, and thats not the way to view it. This is why lawyers quote cases from the past all the time, often times its the ruling in high profile cases that dictates how the law is interpreted. So until you or one of your competitors takes it to the supreme court i wont be buying jwh analogs. If you can show me a case where something like this happened I'd be far more incline to believe you but for now you come off as just trying to push drugs.

This is why you hear of Roe V Wade Brown V the board of ed. Ill wait till its JWH V DEA then ill make my decision. Until then no harsh feelings I dont mean to come off high and mighty I'm just the one that shouts "wont someone please think of the drug users!"

There are plenty of analog cases that can be referenced....and these were cases where "research" chemical companies were attacked...not consumers...and the ones that went through unscabed were the ones that very strictly maintained that their products were sold strictly NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION....the ones that lost tried that card also but the prosecution was able to show comment logs from their websites showing that they not only condoned human consumption but also disussed ways that people could use those products.
I want you to ask yourself this....where do you know a story of people being arrested for something they purchased from a licensed retail store?
We are not talking about someone that may have bought something that was questionably legal from some shady guy on a street corner.

I want you to name one. The burden of proof isnt on the individual like you said :) Go find a case. I'm done arguing if you want to be just another person skimming from the top of someone idea go for it, but don't act like its not shady. Your selling drugs to people and you keep saying not for human consumption like its the be all end all of defenses. If you cant see how this is different from anything in the past then your blind.

I'm really done lol clearly everyone else let the thread die other then us. I'm glad i could play the devils advocate since I dont have an issue with you selling it or people buying it but someone has to argue this points or they might go missed. For what its worth I do hope it works out for everyone involved, my views on jwh are obvious my views on personal freedom may have come as less valued. Its a fine line and all i want to do is stop money from going into the pockets of government through unjust issuing of tickets that go undefended.

It was just a matter of time. New drugs like synthetic cannabinoids and mephedrone have exploded recently.

I have been in a drug court program and jwh 18 and 74 was a great alt to MJ.

At the beginning of last month, we ha to sign a waiver stating "I will not possess or use K2 products" which was kinda funny since this is a brand name, but wtvr. Bottom line is they made those two jwh's illegal here and took them off the shelves. Now there is the new stuff and the drug test which was imposed is not for this new stuff that does not contain jwh 18 or 74.

I thank the companies for adapting and curse the government for their continued persecution of people like myself

I got offered a bunch of "new" spice from a headshop since they wanted my opinion on it. My girlfriend and I decided to just throw it out since they dont contain jwh-018. It sounds silly but since they banned that we have decided to stop buying random shit they spray on plants. Before we assumed it was jwh-018 now it can be anything since people no longer know what shit to spray on their plants. I was fine with being the test subject for jwh-018 im not the test subject for "random hopefully active compound sprayed on inactive plant material"

We had a huge tolerance to the pure compound and have since ruined weed. We try to get high every night but its not like it use to be. We still refuse to go back to synthetic even when her headshop gifts us free drugs. Maybe if we inherit a kilo of "King Krypto" before the ban we will start smoking it again, its possible the head shop loves me in the store... because i talk about drugs like i just study them and dont do them lol.

I just don't get whats going to happen when the local popo's start busting into the headshops around where i live and try to take all the spice. At all 3 headshops in my smalltown there's already products that say JWH-free, no JWH products of any kind are in this incense. SO what's gonna happen?

Are they gonna somehow test every brand and conclude with a select few jwh-free blends that can stay?
Are they going to try and eliminate all of them? and will the head shop owners be smart and bold enough to say 'hey this one isn't illegal?'

Its awesome that I happen to live in the day and age where i can order a goddamn potent-ass chemical off the internet and have it arrive at my doorstep unscathed. (it's also lucky that i got on probation at this exact same time. kind of unlucky too.)

Are they gonna somehow test every brand and conclude with a select few jwh-free blends that can stay?
Are they going to try and eliminate all of them? and will the head shop owners be smart and bold enough to say 'hey this one isn't illegal?'

This is why i believe there is more to the story then meets the eye. No one is going to dish out tax payer money to test every single brand of incense there is. The only one who will is YOU the consumer. The government will just get rid of them. But this is just my belief.

doing some winter cleaning b4 leaving for holidays.
had about .5 to 1g of K2 Summit.... tossed it right in the trash, not because its illegal, but because it was in the same drawer with my real herd, and it just seemed out of place... I don't need it any longer, didn't much like it. So, away with it!

to those who enjoy it, i'm sure you won't be waiting long before there's similar things, other than weed itself.