• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Favourite Albums

I used to love it when all the albums I bought were still on vinyl before the advent of the CD.
I miss the great album covers and their artwork,gatefold sleeves with lyrics etc all printed on the inside sleeve.
Best one I ever owned was Iron Maiden 'Live After Death'. The cover artwork was amazing,opened up and the middle had more photos etc. Inside was printed lyrics loads more photos and all tour dates and stats such as how many miles of cable used,amount of amps,guitar strings used.
All pretty much useless info but as a teenage head banger I absolutely loved it.
I hate mp3 as I like owning an actual physical copy of my music. Guess its probably an age thing. I do miss the sound from vinyl as well.

I'm imagining Evad as a teenage straight-edge punk. For a period of about ten minutes or so. :)

Oh, go on. Since nobody else will:

Poemfeltalbum.jpg

Felt - Poem Of The River

It's hard to pick one favourite Felt record, but today it's this one. Ask me tomorrow.

Jeebus, this could take me forever, so I'll do it when I'm awake at silly o'clock and have nowt better to do than type shit to you shitters :p =D~♥

am going to give you my boyfs as he has almost the same music taste as me.

have been discussing records that are either 'unanimously awesome' or at least have a 'magic 4,' i basically agree with him.

uninimous awesome:

paradise- paint it black
imgres

a flight and a crash- hot water music
imgres

change is a sound- strike anywhere (i am pleased to take some credit for this)

witness- modern life is war

fuck world trade- leftover crack ALMOST.

the first smoke or fire.

thats too many for one post so i wont but the ones that only have a magic 4 on.

fuck world trade over mediocre generica/no gods no managers? :eek:

since i qualified that one with an almost, i suppose it would be wrong of me to not allow no gods no managers and mediocre generica. mediocre generica is probably my favourite to be fair, in fact i feel bad now for having missed it out!

nyone put any Joy Divisoin / Control
New Order up in thi yet

Built to Spill - "There's Nothing Wrong w/ Love"
Built_to_Spill_Al_Theres_Nothing_Wrong_With_Love.jpg

Counting Crows - "August and Everything After"
CountingCrowsAugustandEverythingAfter.jpg

Outkast - "Stankonia"
OutKast-Stankonia_3.jpg

Methodman/Redman - "Blackout"
51K5aXWWnfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bad Brains - "S/T"
4889.badbrains.logo_-300x298.jpg

MGMT - "Oracular Spectacular"
51A%2BMihq6SL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Last edited:
This one never gets the recognition it deserves mainly becuase it was nvere officially released ...still probaly in my top 5

Commercial Zone - Public Image Limited

this track " Bad Night" really hits home for me in lots of ways

Pil - Bad Night

I really like that image, it makes me feel nostalgic. I think I'd buy an album with that cover.

The interplay between artwork and music is interesting. It's nice to let yourself be drawn to an album by the artwork. But it can also be bogus, I've bought the odd disc (compact or vinyl, you choose) because I liked the cover and hated the music!

It's great when the artwork and the music seem to have a SYNERGY (sorry I used a buzzword bzzzzttt). It's a weird thing that goes on in my head mixing music and pictures.

@atm23 I love PIL and I hadn't heard that one thanks!

I've spent so long on this post, seems like hours, listening to music, putting mxe up my arse, dotting about the house, and this is all I have to show for it. What's going on?=D

nyone put any Joy Divisoin / Control
New Order up in thi yet

I think the idea is if you think they are good then you post them up..l.my cognitive abilities are far from good at the mo so please feel free to correct me;)