• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Favourite Albums

dont slag me off for this but i love the FLEETWOOD MAC album called RUMORS. its a great album + it reminds me of happier times when i was younger. an old girlfriend of mine had this album + at 1st i pretended to hate it. but in the end i had to tell her that i loved it. its a classic.

Thats a brilliant album. One of the best selling of all time if im not mistaken or longest time in the charts or some nonsense like that.

I want to check out Throbbing Gristle, I am a big Coil fan. Is it really Jazz Funk???

Ha! Buy D.O.A. instead. It's possibly their best. Sleazy does a solo headfuck track. ;)

Wouln't know where to begin. I have moods that change so frequently and albums I love when in those moods and not so much when I'm in others. Plus album that are still great but I've played to death or have become associated with a time or a place so much that I can't really listen to them.

Couldn't possibly begin to draw up any kind of list.

So I'll maybe sit this one out. I'm interested to see other people's choices though.

atm probs:

Fabric Live 17: Aim

Warren G: I Want it all

Eazy E: Eazy Duz It

Goldie: Timeless

How can you choose a favourite album ? But the Verves , A northern soul, is deffo one of mine.

Ha! Buy D.O.A. instead. It's possibly their best. Sleazy does a solo headfuck track. ;)

Wouldn't know where to begin. I have moods that change so frequently and albums I love when in those moods and not so much when I'm in others. Plus album that are still great but I've played to death or have become associated with a time or a place so much that I can't really listen to them.

Couldn't possibly begin to draw up any kind of list.

So I'll maybe sit this one out. I'm interested to see other people's choices though.

I still hold with 20 Jazz Funk Greats but - The First Annual Report - could be another one to concider...no Sam is right D.O.A has Hamburger Lady on it ..my Fav TG track so I'm going to back slide and agree with Sam but really all things TG are worth a listen.

Anything By Kool G Rap
Although his best work is Live and Let Die and 4,5,6

After a quick eye scan of cd collection, SLF - Inflammable Material seemed to stand out.

41W77KR7S9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41B9H1NRTZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

album-the-electric-spanking-of-war-babies.jpg

velvet-underground-nico-2009-lg-63737803.jpg

hmm... ok I'll have a stab... these are records I will probably love til I die. Others coma and go in my affections.

Coil - ... And The Ambulance Died In His Arms
Low - Secret Name / Trust
Underworld - dubnobasswithmyheadman (hardly listen to this anymore, but soundtrack to my youth)
Built To Spill - Keep It Like A Secret / Perfect From Now On
Talk Talk - Spirit Of Eden / Laughing Stock
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Deathprod - Morals & Dogmas
Disco Inferno - DI Go Pop
The Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs
Depeche Mode - Violator

How on earth did I forget to include:
Guns n Roses...Appetite for destruction, still sounds as exciting now as when it first got released.
AC/DC Back in Black every single track a classic

It's so reliant on mood and unfortunately I think any song can be killed off eventually. It's almost like getting tolerant to a high, the first few times you experience a new chemical/soundwave you're really feeling it blows you away, but with repeated exposure the magic slowly dies. Abstain for a while and it might resurge, but the original glory will never be recaptured. So these are some albums that touched the core at some point in my life, but they might not take me away right now...

Burial - Untrue (actually, Burial's tunes are the only one's I've found to exhibit reverse tolerance:))
CunninLynguists - A Piece of Strange
Foreign Beggars - Asylum Speakers
The Fall of Troy - Manipulator
John Frusciante - Curtains, Shadows Collide With People & Niandra Lades
Kno - Death is Silent
Outkast - Aquemini
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Placebo - Meds

Nirvana - Bleach
Kings of Leon - Because of the times
Metallica - Black album
Notorious B.I.G - Ready to Die

...with repeated exposure the magic slowly dies.

I agree with your analogy, but I don't think the magic necessarily dies, it might just fade a bit. It often happens that there is an album/song/tune I've ignored for years and then I play it and get goosebumps and wonder what the hell I was thinking keeping it off the play list.

Also I think music is a learned high. On first listen I might be able to say it's something I am a bit excited about and probably could love, but it takes repeated exposure until I know the musical pattern and can predict where it's going, that's when you could say I'm in love with a piece of music. Then, yes, the magic fades.

There's a comparison with love and infatuation too, though. Quality stuff is still able to do it for me from time to time, but a lot of stuff I used to think I liked I would never go back to. I used to play Musical Youth's first album constantly. Teenage infatuation, not love.

Last edited:
Despite his selection, I very much Evad lives by the philosophy expounded on his chosen record. ;)

Good choice though.