• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can snort them apparently.
And you people...
Oh no, 3 or 4mg isn't doing it O.O
I eat a strip of them just for shits and giggles.

Edit: 1. You shouldn't be taking benzos on a nightly basis. Your sleep will actually suffer and you'll lose valuable REM.
2. Taper down? Off 3 or 4mg??? Jesus just stop taking it you pussy.
Yeah, you're the man dude.

But seriously, show some respect, everybody has the right to voice their thoughts. And on top of that, the way you perceive the effects of a certain drug might not be the same as how someone else does. No need to be like this, the sole reason these kind of forums exist is to find information and share experiences.

And you people...
Oh no, 3 or 4mg isn't doing it O.O
I eat a strip of them just for shits and giggles.
2. Taper down? Off 3 or 4mg??? Jesus just stop taking it you pussy.

Lol. Maybe you're right, i probably am just being a pussy about coming off them. Your directness and different perspective (different to the usual cautious harm reduction approach) is refreshing and could be helpful. Still, I'm not going to ignore what the other 99% of the advice says about tapering off gradually, even though it may only be low doses that im coming off. Insomnia, seizures and panic attacks wouldnt be much of a giggle for me. But i get where you're coming from and appreciate having a different way to look at things...

3-4mg is a huge dose and definitely requires tapering if in fact dependent on such a dose. Pothedd, even 0.5mg is a dose worthy of tapering. 3-4mg is above the daily recommended maximum dose FFS.

Wait, are you kidding me? Idk man... Everyone I've known to have them takes about 6mg at once, with potentiators... Of course it's above the daily recommended dose though. That's kinda how most of us roll. Also, it shouldn't be a daily dose at all lol. Sorry for bein' a dick, I didn't sleep last night and etizolam is always VERY mild for me so I was just like... really. But my friends and I are kinda tolerant to benzos.
I've never had etiz help me sleep, but another friend of mine said that's all they did for him.
I just get happy.
But anyway, etiz is supposed to have an even better safety profile than commonly prescribed benzos, with less risk of dependency, so we always just take them until they're gone and that's it. Party's over. That may just be us though, I'll admit.

I seriously doubt you would experience seizures, but rebound insomnia is very real. I always feel that "tapering" is just prolonging the inevitable however, so I do all my drug and be done with it. Get on with my life. Is anyone else like that?
See, I think I'm alone there. I don't get addicted to anything because I get bored of doing the same thing every day, so I tend to get short with people when I should be compassionate. I forget that other people have dependence issues because it's not something I'm faced with.

Once again though... 10mg over the course of a couple hours is not uncommon in my circle, but we have all done loads of scripted benzos in the past, so I admit my perception may be a little biased.
So far etizolam is my favorite benzo. That was me sharing my experience lol. Albeit, in a very hostile tone, but nonetheless it's how I feel about this particular substance. Compared to actual benzos, these are candy.

Everybody has a different seizure threshold. I think experiencing a seizure from stopping 3-4mg is unlikely, but there's no reason not to play it safe.

Pothedd said:
But anyway, etiz is supposed to have an even better safety profile than commonly prescribed benzos, with less risk of dependency,

Can you provide a source for this?

I couldn't remember where I read it, but after reading this person's statement I realized I read it in the full prescribing information received with my etizolam.
"According to the Italian P.I. sheet etizolam belongs to a new class of diazepines, thienotriazolodiazepines. This new class is easily oxidized, rapidly metabolized, and has a lower risk of accumulation, even after prolonged treatment."

At any rate, someone else was taking 10mg regularly, with alcohol, and the general consensus was that he would experience very little, if any, withdrawal symptoms after a 5 day binge. The alcohol was more likely to cause him to feel like shit.

You're not going to have a seizure. You might feel like shit, but that's why you stop. No sense drawing it out.

so would using these while high on IV heroin increase the overall euphoria?

Just how dangerous isit to combine the 2 drugs?

I am a marathon runner and have a very strong heart btw.

so would using these while high on IV heroin increase the overall euphoria?

Just how dangerous isit to combine the 2 drugs?

I am a marathon runner and have a very strong heart btw.

That's good to know. How about your central nervous system?

A strong heart counts for nothing if you're not breathing because of respiratory depression.

At any rate, someone else was taking 10mg regularly, with alcohol, and the general consensus was that he would experience very little, if any, withdrawal symptoms after a 5 day binge. The alcohol was more likely to cause him to feel like shit.

You're not going to have a seizure. You might feel like shit, but that's why you stop. No sense drawing it out.

My usage pattern and reaons for use seem to be very different to yours or the people you know. I've been taking on average about 1.5mg daily for several months. Rather than being on a recreational binge, this has been for mainly therapeutic reasons. I know you're not supposed to take the stuff day after day for months, but maybe unless you've personally experienced a headful of ridiculous unstoppable anxieties/neuroses/psychoses that can magically be eliminated with tiny blue pills, you may not understand how easy it is to develop a habit, and how hard it is to even try to stop once you have. Why stop taking something that helps you so much. (Well im beginning to see why now)

But yeah, i will be using your line and will be telling myself to stop being a pussy when tapering time begins. It not so much the seizures im concerned about, it'll be the re-starting of all that crap in my head.

Seizures are a relatively small risk when rapidly discontinuing benzos. They aren't the only thing to be worried about, however. Brain damage, mania, etc is no fun either. A proper taper precludes the whole ordeal.

They aren't the only thing to be worried about, however. Brain damage, mania, etc is no fun either.

Thanks for that. Very encouraging Lol.

I'm just messing. There does seem to be a lot of potential for bad things of one sort or another. If you dont mind me asking, and are prepared to answer in an open forum, do you, or have you had a benzo/etizolam habit yourself? (you raise many good points about the subject, so just wondering....?)

Yeah, I was a heavy benzo user for a pretty long time. I tapered off of clonazepam pretty smoothly but afterward had a two month stint of alprazolam end in withdrawals which I'm still recovering from nearly eight months later. I have used etizolam a decent amount (dose of ~0.75mg usually), but it was never to the point of getting addicted.

e

Got a daily gram or two daily use etiz pattern for past 3 months, Sometime to come down from mpa or ethylphenidate. Wake up middle of night often and try alcohol to get back to sleep. Always feel worse after alcohol mixed in. Still enjoy the eties. probably need to hydrate more when doing stuff with booze

1. If I use roughly 2-4 mg of Ezitolam powder everyday for 2 weeks, will I need to taper off it or will that usage not be enough to suffer from any withdrawl?

2. Powder works out cheaper, do you find it is usually better than the pill form?

1. If I use roughly 2-4 mg of Ezitolam powder everyday for 2 weeks, will I need to taper off it or will that usage not be enough to suffer from any withdrawl?

2. Powder works out cheaper, do you find it is usually better than the pill form?
1) Hard to say really. It's right around the point you'd probably experience negative effects but probably not long enough to warrant any real taper.

2) Yeah, if it's legitimate.
how long do the effects of etizolam last?

Like three hours with fairly strong effects, after effects lasting a bit longer. You could dose twice daily for anxiety IMO, but I wouldn't do this for too long as to avoid dependence. It's a moderate-duration benzo in the realm of lorazepam's duration.

hmmm. i just ordered 500mgs. of powder.. i also have propylene glycol on the way! i found some benzyl OH in my closet too.... i was thinking of dissolving the powder in the 10mls. alcohol first then adding the propylene to 500mls. in my borosilicate beaker. maybe a dip in a hot water bath for added dissolving... 1mg per ml in solution is my final goal.

i am benzo naive... what would 1ml of this solution feel like?

^Your plan for the solution is good. 1mg is a decent dose of etizolam; I personally preferred the effects around 0.75mg. I found it a bit like an equal dose of alprazolam at that dosage except much better after the onset.

When I first started taking etizolam 1mg was good enough for me as well, 2 when I wanted to come down off stims.
Just don't underestimate etiz's strenght because the effects seem milder then the more well known diazepines. Once when I was quite hasty with dosing I took about 10-15mg (1mg to 1ml solution) which induced amnesia. Made me wake up to find some weird facebook conversations I couldn't recall. Misjudged etiz's friendly nature, seeing as how it's still quite a bit milder then diazepam I didn't think too much of overdosing a bit, but I know better now. Other then that, you're safe to go.

Very close to trying some of this. Just wanting to check does tolerance build as rapidly as people are making out? Is this a good substitute for valium or much closer to xanax (which is too subtle for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.