• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v5 - TBC

Haha does cracktits think edge of tomorrow is shite? each to their own, was surprised at how good it was, thought it was gonna be bollocks. grossed 1/10th of that awful new transformers film as well, dunno why i struggled through watching that and didn't just turn it off

Nah not seen guardians yet, gonna check it out soon

Haha does cracktits think edge of tomorrow is shite? each to their own, was surprised at how good it was, thought it was gonna be bollocks. grossed 1/10th of that awful new transformers film as well, dunno why i struggled through watching that and didn't just turn it off

Nah not seen guardians yet, gonna check it out soon

Nah PITCH <3 enjoyed the movie but we were talking about temporal / quantum mechanics :D.

I watched This is England the other night... great film. Will have to watch the sequels at some point soon...

I watched that 5 times at the cinema. Decent film but can't remember why, must've had a free pass or something. Fun fact - they didn't tell the kid what was happening at the end when Milky gets battered and the the kid's reaction is genuine, which is why it's so upsetting.

It's no Dead Man's Shoes anyway.

Interesting, i love triva stuff like that. The sequels are deffo worth checking out Chatative,

Just read "Thomas Turgoose had never acted before, had been banned from his school play for behaving badly and even demanded £5 to turn up for the film's auditions."

Yeah and his mum died whilst it was being filmed, who was his sole carer:(

I guess Shane Meadows took him under his wing, because he was in Summerstown, which was ok. Haven't heard about him in anything since

I have one recommendation as to a film you shouldn't watch while doing any hallucinogens/dissociatives....Enter the Void...

On another note, does anyone have any suggestions for a decent comedy something along the lines of the wayans brothers type films or something similar to the hangover etc. In the mood to watch a decent comedy.

Planes, trains, and automobiles, hear no evil, see no evil, trading places.

Recently saw

Frozen - the disney animation from last year; quite a good family film, ok music and looks gorgeous really ( i bet it wouldve been better in 3d).

Oculus - basically a horror movie about a haunted mirror. But a good and effective scary movie it is. (Funnily enough, i saw it in full on youtube for some reason...)

Anyone want to have a stab at listing some of the best 'quality' films released over the last 3-4 years? I've got a bit of catching up to do. Many of these films will probably get screened on film 4, so i wont even need to pay to get them off Lovefilm. I would tend to trust the taste of most EADDers as they/you were bang on with TV series recommendations.

It's quite annoying expending the effort to 'get into' a film only to realise part way through that it's absolutely shit, you still feel obliged somehow to continue watching, either to see if it can get any worse, or if it will improve, i dunno. I watched one such film last night - Junkhearts, fucking terrible film, about a load of 16 year old wannabe gangsters/criminals/druggies, coming out with phrases like "allow it" 8). It was cringeable.

Last edited:
Anyone want to have a stab at listing some of the best 'quality' films released over the last 3-4 years? I've got a bit of catching up to do. Many of these films will probably get screened on film 4, so i wont even need to pay to get them off Lovefilm. I would tend to trust the taste of most EADDers as they/you were bang on with TV series recommendations.

It's quite annoying expending the effort to 'get into' a film only to realise part way through that it's absolutely shit, you still feel obliged somehow to continue watching, either to see if it can get any worse, or if it will improve, i dunno. I watched one such film last night - Junkhearts, fucking terrible film, about a load of 16 year old wannabe gangsters/criminals/druggies, coming out with phrases like "allow it" 8). It was cringeable.

Probably, or you could use the IMDB website

you could always use the torrent seach and see whats still up and seeding after a few years... usually its a sign of a good movie... (something with 100+ seeds after 3 years is something eh)
OR
you could just check out this thread from a couple of years back...

Great idea... I've just updated the first post with all the old versions still in existence. If I have counted correctly, this is actually the 7th official movie thread... so no longer TBC. ;)

Rather than confuse matters I'll just leave it as v5. Here are all the old ones bar the first in case anyone is too lazy to return to the first page:

Recommend another good movie per post
Recommend some more good movies per post
Recommend YET MORE movies per post
Recommend MANY MORE Movies vrs. 3 or something
EADD Movie Recommendations Thread v.4...not for TV series and stuff Dan...

More than enough movies to keep one entertained. :)

you could always use the torrent seach and see whats still up and seeding after a few years... usually its a sign of a good movie... (something with 100+ seeds after 3 years is something eh)

Good tip that,

Café de Flore (2011)

It's a French psychological "slice-of-life" film... Tis the only way I can pigeon-hole it I'm afraid. Anyhoo, I'll just tell you that it's brilliant and try let it speak for itself...

NSFW:
Healing a broken heart isn't easy. Sometimes it takes a lifetime...or two. Cafe de Flore is a love story about people separated by time and place but connected in profound and mysterious ways. Atmospheric, fantastical, tragic and hopeful, the film chronicles the parallel fates of Jacqueline, a young mother with a disabled son in 1960s Paris, and Antoine, a recently-divorced, successful DJ in present day Montreal. What binds the two stories together is love - euphoric, obsessive, tragic, youthful, timeless love. Antoine, early 40s, seems to have it all: a thriving career, two beautiful daughters, partner Rose, with whom he is passionately in love. However, nothing is perfect and Antoine's ex-wife Carole remains devastated by their recent separation. Heartbroken, her sense of self has been shattered and her hold on reality has been gradually slipping away. Her dreams are haunted by two recurrent figures - Jacqueline, a young woman, and Laurent, her Down Syndrome - afflicted son - but the reason for their visits to her subconscious, and their meaning continue to elude her. We find Jacqueline and Laurent in 1960s Paris. Abandoned by her husband, Jacqueline sacrifices everything to care for her son. From the moment Laurent is born she promises herself to give him a "normal" life full of happiness. For years she fulfills that promise, joining herself at the hip to her son and watching over his every waking moment. One day at school Laurent befriends Véronique, another Down Syndrome child, forever changing things between mother and son. Carole, meanwhile, is still attempting to unravel the mystery of Jacqueline and Laurent. She sees them not only in her dreams but in her waking life too. Tormented by hallucinations, Carole attempts to suppress them with medication and illicit drugs before seeking out the help of a spiritual guide who leads her to believe that Jacqueline and Laurent are previous incarnations of her and Antoine who are attempting to send her a warning. When she senses Jacqueline and Laurents story could end tragically, Carole realizes she will have to choose a different path. In that moment, she has to decide whether the agony of heartbreak is too much to bear or if she can let go of her pain and move on with her life. The title "Cafe de Flore" refers not to the famous Boulevard St-Germain café, but to a musical theme running through the film that connects the characters in 1960s Paris to those in present-day Montreal. Blending smooth electro beats with the retro sounds of big band strings and horns, the music sets the tone for a story about love in its many forms.
Great soundtrack too :) Trés bon

Thanks for the replies folks, and special thanks to Chatative for finding all those links. All good tips and ideas.

Ive heard that Lucy(2014) is meant to be very good, featuring Morgan Freeman and Scarlett Johannson, 2 reasons to watch straight away, said to be about a woman who discovers that she/humans in general only use 20% of their brain, and finds a way to utilise more of her brain. Sounds a bit like Limitless, but without the drugs.

"A woman, accidentally caught in a dark deal, turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2872732/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Last edited:
oh, no, lucy is really a LOT like limitless. but taken to the extreme, and less about the drugs and more about the "what it means to be human" ... if that can be saiud about a luc besson actioner. i mean, it is drugs that make lucy who she is, just that the story is less concerned about that than it was on limitless

OK, thanks for the info, i was just going off what someone said at work. It sounds like it will appeal to me. Limitless was exactly the sort of sci-fi film that i like, stretching the truth just enough to make it a fun 'what if' experience. If Lucy stretches things even further maybe it runs the risk of being ludicrous, but how i can i possibly say that without even having watched it. 8(

Café de Flore (2011)

It's a French psychological "slice-of-life" film... Tis the only way I can pigeon-hole it I'm afraid. Anyhoo, I'll just tell you that it's brilliant and try let it speak for itself...

NSFW:

Great soundtrack too :) Trés bon

I like the sound of that, sounds ace. Shame I'm no good at languages though - it would be a waste of my time watching it, I'm afraid.

Evey