• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v5 - TBC

Watched a couple of OK movies last night

Lucy - run of the mill action (Scarlett Johansson <3)

Horns - strange movie but worth a watch

Hiya Dan :)

Lucy is pretty good fun - have you been watching 'Z Nation' ? (Walking dead but done on about 27£ an episode - its great :D)

Hello mate hows it going? Nah not seen Z Nation, will look into it

Hello mate hows it going? Nah not seen Z Nation, will look into it

having a really crazy day - were both really pissed :D He doing river dance when making cheese on toast - going to be a long night :D

I watched Arbitrage last night...

It was a good thriller I thought. I'd agree with the reviews that it's as much a character study as anything else. Worth a watch... it's on Netflix for those who have it. Some people compare it to Wall Street, but I wouldn't say it's the same really even though the subject matter is somewhat similar.

a yeah ive seen that one!
i think i caught in on HBO or some other television channel... not bad of a movie, though im not a big fan of Richard Gere.... It was a bit slow for a thriller, and you re right about the character study aspect of it.

I watched Grave of the Fireflies last night...

What an addition to the Studio Ghibli collection... it starts out with some dark undertones but seems hopeful despite this but as it goes on, it gets really quite sad & moving. If ever there was a film that could change your opinions of war... this is it. Really portrays the unseen hardships very well. It gave me a lot of respect for Isao Takahata.

one of my all time favourite animations, that one ^^
quite the tragedy too. part autobiographical IIRC no?

I just watch the Ghibli films rather than read up about them... but according to wiki it is! Based on a novel by Akiyuki Nosaka. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an English translation of the book, at least on Amazon... but moving over to the reading thread...

Watched lucy this morning. in two minds about it, the pacing was off, felt kinda rushed or something, excellent concept, but reminded me of a sloppy Limitless rip off. worth watching though

Last edited:
Just took my daughter to watch 'How to train your dragon 2'.... cinema was closed due to the manager falling over or something 8)

My review, which im sure you're all on tenterhooks for will be forthcoming when the manager has recovered, or died and a replacement is found.

Just took my daughter to watch 'How to train your dragon 2'.... cinema was closed due to the manager falling over or something 8)

My review, which im sure you're all on tenterhooks for will be forthcoming when the manager has recovered, or died and a replacement is found.
It's pretty good, but not as good as the first one. I still want a pet dragon though.. oh.. wait..

Watched 'The Cat from Outer Space' the other night. Everyone needs to see it. Live action Disney film from the late 70s. Saw Pulp Fiction last night too which obviously doesn't really need recommending but it's the first time I've seen it since I was about sixteen and I enjoyed it a whole lot more.

Pulp Fiction is hands down my favourite Tarantino film. I haven't watched it in a while... maybe I should sometime soon. Sure that must have been a treat snolls having not seen it in so long... :)

I've got one of the pre-ghibli films arriving in the post today - will be reporting back on it later on tonight.

Aye it was awesome :D I haven't actually seen many Tarantino films, will have to have a look about t'internet. Look forward to seein what you think of the film you're getting today. Shit I wanna watch Princess Mononoke now or something

You could get pregnant though i suppose... is your boyfriend a donkey by any chance?=D
lol, and yikes, no baby dragons please.

Watched 'The Cat from Outer Space' the other night. Everyone needs to see it. Live action Disney film from the late 70s. Saw Pulp Fiction last night too which obviously doesn't really need recommending but it's the first time I've seen it since I was about sixteen and I enjoyed it a whole lot more.
Added to the list, that sounds promising. I did the same with Pulp Fiction recently too.. found it much more enjoyable than back in the day.

Watched Grabbers recently. Pretty fun in an Irish version of Tremors kind of way.