• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Human Interest DPMC VIDEOS Thread

Documentaries about Addiction

Hi everyone

I would love to give eachother names of great documentaries about drugs and drug-use.
I especially like doc's where you get to follow a group of people in their ordinary life as an drug-addict.

Like:
Ben Diary Of A Heroin Addict
Diary of a drug addict |2parts| (Lanre Fehintola)
1of2 - The Way Down
2of2 - Cold Turkey
Dope Sick Love (NYC Heroin Junkies, HBO Documentary)
Black Tar Heroin (Hbo Documentary)
Foo Foo Dust (About a mother and a son each with their own addiction)
Heroin The Movie (Swedish doc about Heroin addicts)
REINDEERSPOTTING - ESCAPE FROM SANTALAND (Finnish doc about Subutex addiction)
Cottonland (Canadian doc about OxyContin addiction)
OxyContin Express
Heroin Nation
High on CrackStreet (Boo-Boo)
TV Junkie
The City Addicted to Crystal Meth
Methadonia

And of course the series Intervention and Addiction

Please give me some good documentaries to watch! My favourite is like i wrote when the doc follows someone or a group of addicts in their life.. heroin addiction, crack, meth - addiction.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Invisible, Konstantin Bojanov's excellent documentary about Bulgarian heroin addiction.

I was particularly interested to learn that glutethimide is still available in Bulgaria, and that glutethimide/codeine cocktails (the notorious "Fours and Doors" of 1980s America) are still popular among Bulgarian addicts. But there's lots of other worthwhile stuff in the film as well: it's grim but not utterly hopeless. (Hell, next to those videos about Coaxil and desomorphine it's Barney the fucking dinosaur having a tea party with the Care Bears...).

I'm wondering if I am the only person that thinks Daniel Pinchback ain't all that , he seems like he's trying too hard to be a Terence or a Leary

^Nope you're not he only one. I see Pinchback as someone using the drug scence for money and shameless selfpromotion.

To be honest , that kinda kills it for me I used to have so much faith in the psych community , anyways anyone know how to get the movie "TRYPTOSANE" ? I heard its release was 2010 but havent heard how to obtain a copy?

Raw Opium - Pain Pleasure Profits

An unbiased and informative look at opium, heroin, and a bit on how we're dealing with drug addiction. Also looks at In Site and Portugal's system, and HR. Quite possibly the best documentary I've seen about heroin. (If anyone has a favorite on heroin/opiates, pleas share.)

Why is one of Charlie Sheen's nostrils way bigger ?

Why is one of Charlie Sheen's nostrils way bigger than the other, have a look at the interview where he says " "i was bangin 7 gram rocks and finishing them".

He's a voice for us addicts and its good to have someone that's not embarrassed or ashamed about using and abusing drugs to publicly vocalise that and rub that 'out of it' crazy behaviour in their faces...if I went on TV and said "i was bangin 7 gram rocks and finishing them" the viewers would say "piss off you junkie loser"

Hey have a look at the video link to charlie sheen and you will clearly see one nostril is way bigger than the other....true have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkrKq82M_QY

Last edited: