Votes: 62 17.2%
  • I am female and do not want kids

Votes: 38 10.6%
  • I am female and am undecided yet

Votes: 22 6.1%
  • I am male and am undecided yet

Votes: 34 9.4%

• Total voters
One day, once I've finally got my shit together and am capable of being a good parent.

Im totally hearing ya Impacto! I am verrrrrry clucky... very very clucky..... I absolutely want kids. And im definitely at that stage in my life where it is being highly considered as being the right time.

I am now confident i have what it takes to be a great parent. Same with my husband.

^your kids and my kids are going to be gods and goddesses, and you know precisely why ;)

Is it because she's going to lie with both the mortal father and almighty Zeus, bearer of the aegis, in a single night?

^your kids and my kids are going to be gods and goddesses, and you know precisely why ;)

Oh indeed they are... and they're gonna be little trippers at heart for having such stable yet wacky parents like us!

Is it because she's going to lie with both the mortal father and almighty Zeus, bearer of the aegis, in a single night?

Ha! My hubby is my Zeus! :D And i am his Medusa!

When i straighten my life out and become mostly sane i think id like to have kids. I just hope the kid doesent turn out like me because i don't know if i can handle that 8o

Do I want children? More than i could begin to explain <3 The man i'm going to marry is going to be the best father in the world - because he's the best man in the world.

sorry, but even a basic understanding of genetics would enlighten you to the fact that procreating results in random genetic sampling, with this randomness and spontaneity providing species' with the ability for populations to survive in a changing environment.
The argument that 'there's too many people out there, don't breed' is laughable.
For millennia, the human race has survived with a total population of less than 500 million. You'd be surprised at the minimum number of a species that geneticists tell us is needed for survival. It's a lot less than 500 million, 50 million, or even 5 million.
At our current population of >>6 billion, the threat to survival is our nearness to to overpopulating the planet, not underpopulation.

At our current population of >>6 billion, the threat to survival is our nearness to to overpopulating the planet, not underpopulation.
If we reach overpopulation, wouldn't Malthusian crisis bring it back down again? Not a good thing for individuals of course, but I don't see how overpopulation could make the species extinct.

No idea. Plenty of people speculate on what will happen, but I'm not going guess (on whether if it's a purely Malthusian crisis would result in a sharp decrease to a level below subsistence level versus extinction that could result from that and other factors like environamentla degradation). It's even questionable whether a Malthusian catastrophe will occur but the danger is there.

Last edited:
Right now I dont want kids. I'm almost 22 so I'm still young but I have too many things I want to do in the next 10 years.

I know those maternal instincts might kick in eventually, but I don't want to be bringing a new life into this world until I can give it the best of everything.

All I can say is its not on my agenda at all and if it comes the time that I realise it may be too late, then I'm not gonna stress about it.

4 years on this has changed to a resounding NO.

Do. Not. Want.

Definitely. I'm not sure if I'll be able to after having cancer that left a decent amount of scar tissue in my uterus but it's not impossible. My doctors say I have a good chance of being able to conceive so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I don't want kids for at least ten years though... haha. I'm too selfish right now and I wanna spend time with MY guy. I don't wanna divvy it up with a little screaming poop machine (and an expensive one at that). We both wanna spend time together before having a kid/kids.

One day though.

For millennia, the human race has survived with a total population of less than 500 million. You'd be surprised at the minimum number of a species that geneticists tell us is needed for survival. It's a lot less than 500 million, 50 million, or even 5 million.

Quantity does not guarantee quality. Sure there may be 6billion individuals on this planet but majority are not good enough. Sure you can buy a suit off a rack but I for one prefer the bespoke approach. By selecting my reproductive mate I was able to have more control over the end product. Orgasms are also more fun than background checks. Besides have you seen the selection on the adoption rack? Most can't even speak English and are often covered in flies.

In all seriousness I can provide one thing to my natural children that adoptive children lack, a heritage. It doesn't seem that important to those who know their biological parents but most of my friends who were adopted have wondered at some stage of their life "Who am I?". It doesn't matter how wonderful their adoptive parents are there comes a time when they want to know where do they come from, searching for a bond that siblings have or a different feeling of "family" that adoption doesn't provide. The pain that one felt when their biological parents refused contact when they found them in their 20's is real and heart breaking. Their adoptive parents were lovely and gave them a life they would not have otherwise have had but there is still something real and important missing in her life. I'm not for one moment saying you shouldn't adopt, I'm just saying that nature is still better.

For me having children was the best decision in my life. They provide meaning and direction to my life and when they are far away from me I have a heavy emptiness in my heart. If you are naturally a selfish person then forget about being a parent. It is not an easy job but when you are good at it the rewards are immeasurable.

^but shirley it's better to be raised by some loving family than none at all, right?

Perhaps, and stop calling me Shirley. ;)

Reality is most adopted children will at some time wonder about their roots. They start to ask why they are like they are. I have many siblings from a variety of parents and it still amazes me how much genetic connection binds myself to my half brother and sisters, despite living on opposite ends of the country all our lives. This says to me that sometimes family is more than who wipes your nose and cheers for you from the sidelines.

I am 21 a male.

and i never want to have kids.

Just too selfish....

the world is full of sooo many things to do, so many places to be, so many people to meet....

That i don't want to spend at least 19 years tied down to a mini - me....

sorry ... Kids annoy the fuck outta me. and i will never have them.

Man...I used to love the idea of having babies but now that I'm starting to really enjoy my life and I'm living in a city I'm not so sure about it anymore.

My family is all in the suburbs and a small town and it just seems like they don't really have anything else to do except plan weddings and play with kids and not that there's anything bad about that but it just seems like they are just fighting off boredom. I'm hardly ever bored now and can't see sharing my life with a little person anytime in the near future if at all.

Maybe when the time comes I'll adopt a kid. It's so sad that there are unwanted children out there :(

I'm too scared to have kids since they stink a lot when they're babies, they scream a lot and keep you awake at night which would drive me insane and would make me want to kill it and they are expensive and take up a lot of time (you have to feed them, clothe them and take them out to the zoo and buy them toys for example). I'm not reallys sure why having kids appeals to so many people.

I think the world deserves a couple of miniMe-s strolling about. not yet of course, i plan to have a succesful career and a happy home first to bring them up nicely, but other than that i can only see joy when propagating the family name :)

If having my own would not be an option then id gladly adopt. i think its wonderful to share ones life experience with the youngúns