• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you find that eating kills your weed high?

Does eating kill your weed high?

• Yes, eating does kill my weed high

Votes: 339 53.1%
  • No, eating does not kill my weed high

Votes: 299 46.9%

• Total voters
Food increases my high, one of the great many pleasures of weed is consuming delectable foodstuffs.

Weird, I always love smoking before eating. Enhanced the taste/expirience IMO. Smoke a blunt then sit down to thanksgiving dinner, OH YEAH.

Take two ex-lax, smoke a blunt and i'm READY!

its a perfect feeling to eat on weed... i say it kills the high ... but still worth to kill the high for such a feeling haha

I'll make sure to smoke before I eat, because it so greatly reduces the high for me. Although sometimes when I don't eat for too long and smoke I can feel hunger pains multipled tenfold.

For munchies, I find when I -am- hungry, and then I smoke my munchies go away. When I'm not hungry, I find myself wanting to pick at everything.

~*geNeRaTiOn E*~ said:
eating definitely reduces the intensity of my high so i usually try to eat before i smoke. i hate the feeling i get after eating when i'm high. sometimes, i'll go overboard and eat way too much then i feel like utter shit and that's never any fun.

Same thing happens to me the munchies can be a killer so I try to eat first then smoke =D

whenever i smoke and eat i'm not high after either. but it always depends on the quality of the weed. cause whenever i smoke dro.. dude.. i can eat sooo fuckin much and still be blowed. i love it. :]

wow some of you people act like first time smokers...wtf! Eating is great when your high, its totally natural for someone to eat because its half the fun

HaiL said:
wow some of you people act like first time smokers...wtf! Eating is great when your high, its totally natural for someone to eat because its half the fun

wow shit if eating is half the fun, what's the other half? talking about how high you are?

Seriously, why do you think there's been 3 pages of discussion about this topic if the answer is so obvious as that?

For me, and for the majority of people who have replied here, eating while stoned does have detrimental effects on the quality of the high. Others experience no problems and live for the munchies. But everyone is different and that's what makes a poll so interesting :)

Sorry to bitch about it, but there you go.

Last edited:
I'll have to agree with Church in that if my stomach aches from hunger but I choose to smoke instead it will end the ache and suppress my hunger.

Although, when I eat something (nearly any amount) it will instantly reduce the intensity of the high.

I can't believe some people said that eating doesn't kill their high. I thought it killed everyone's high.

However, when eating marijuana I find that I get the munchies more than usual, and the best part about that is the eating doesn't reduce the high at all.

It's a different kind of trip, but actually I prefer smoking it.

I don't really smoke weed, anymore. For some reason it brings me down, rather than up. I guess it's my strange biochemistry.

I would like to say that eating creates more than psychological effects- I find it hard to believe that so many people experience a decrease in the high. Perhaps eating in general contributes to the sobriety state (a sense of grounding), as we all know what happens when we don't eat (delerium, sense of trippiness) and how great an altered state can be potentiated when hungry. Perhaps science will explain this more than our symbolic graspings will if anyone decides to study this field more.

eating after smoking definitely doesnt bring me down, but it can put me in a different mind set.

when i smoke i will lose my apatite aswell, and be more awake. if i have no time before going to work in the morning to eat, a toke or two helps tremendously for a couple of hours.

I find that when I've been smoking I get really hungry as normal and then if I wait about 30 mins until I eat when eat I get kind of another stage of a high which is nearly as good as the normal high but feels different. I feel really happy and really comfortable and tend to laugh a lot after I have eaten. Before I eat i get the normal buzz and high.

yup. it kills my high (but it's usually worth it for good munchies) and then makes me tired.

It definately brings down my high. But stuff tastes so damn good when blazed it's sometimes worth it. I usually eat when I'm coming down/burnt out.

Well this is an easy one, since your body naturally rejects THC, the side effect (which is a good one) causes hunger which sobers your body up. your body doesnt want to be high, even if you think it does, and eating sobers you up.