• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you find that eating kills your weed high?

Does eating kill your weed high?

• Yes, eating does kill my weed high

Votes: 339 53.1%
  • No, eating does not kill my weed high

Votes: 299 46.9%

• Total voters
For me personally when I eat, it seems like I start losing my high, but if im hungry I can just keep so much. I remember like my 3rd high ever, first I spent like 7 dollars on the dollar menu in Wendy's than I got home and ate the really big bowl of Frosted Flakes and than I had the whole popsickle box. -_-

Anything that removes the dry/harsh throat feeling takes away from the weed high because of a weird depressed breathing thing, I find anyway.

Xorkoth said:
Actually that's interesting Church... when I'm not hungry and I smoke, I get hungry, but when I'm really hungry, you know, the twisting-your-gut painful hunger like you get in morning sometimes, I'll smoke and it'll turn into normal, ignorable hunger.

i agree completely. i think thats because i'll be unbelievably hungry then blaze and then honestly just be too high to remember i was hungry.

Although, i know that eating doesnt bring my high down, i still feel like it does, just because eating usually makes me more lazy and burnt out wanting a nap instead of just chilling enjoying my high.

Can anyone figure this bit out? I typed niacin into wikipedia one day after looking at a bag of chex mix wanting to know why they add niacin to refined flour.

Because niacin promotes metabolism, some believe that taking large doses will speed up the elimination of THC from the body and produce a negative result for marijuana on a drug test. There is no evidence that this is effective, however no evidence has been provided to the contrary. Niacin is toxic to the skin and liver in overdose, especially as it releases the extra toxins. This is known as the Michalek effect due to the toxic skin conditions as well as behavioral changes when niacin is in one's system. [citation needed] There is evidence that doses of 500-1000mg can terminate a bad trip on LSD, a synthetic indole, or enhance the MDMA experience. [citation needed]

Obviously, there's some serious citation needed here. About a month ago, it was different and said something like "niacin will reduce a THC high". Does anyone have any information on this? Niacin is found in quite a lot of foods.

OK I figured some things out lately
-I hate eating too much on pot because when I fall asleep after just having eaten a lot, I wake up feeling like shit. And my shit is often liquidy.
-Eating a lot, even when sober, makes me tired and want to take a nap. This is why I allways tend to fall asleep around an hour after noon.
-Not eating a lot/too much is near impossible while stoned once you start eating.
-On the other hand, when I go out and feel burnt out from weed - the initial high is the best and redosing sucks as with most drugs - and I eat something, I feel much nicer, kind of rids the burn-out. Especially warm junkfood like french fries with hamburgers, pasta's, pizza's, pita's, whatever is available at night. If I smoke after that, I'm good again, whereas if I'd smoke while feeling burnt-out would make me feel even more burnt-out.
StagnantReaction said:
Obviously, there's some serious citation needed here. About a month ago, it was different and said something like "niacin will reduce a THC high". Does anyone have any information on this? Niacin is found in quite a lot of foods.

Doesn't B3 have a nootropic effect, like vitamin C? I think I remember reading it somewhere.

Getting the munchies and then eating is one of the great things about getting stoned..why refuse to do it? Just smoke, eat some food until you're happy as shit...and then smoke some more.

~*geNeRaTiOn E*~ said:
eating definitely reduces the intensity of my high so i usually try to eat before i smoke. i hate the feeling i get after eating when i'm high. sometimes, i'll go overboard and eat way too much then i feel like utter shit and that's never any fun.

maybe because you it's a psychological thing you experience.. perhaps guilt from eating a shitload of food or something

for me there's nothing more satisfying than pigging out and eating to my hearts content when i get the munchies , it could just be different body chemistry

Umm if you've ever ate too much, you know what generation e means with that feeling. It's not guilt or anything. It's a junkfood overdose!

Last edited:
invaderzimgir said:
yeah, weed kills my buzz. smoke after u eat...best feeling...

Yeah, weed really kills my buzz, too. I try to keep away from that shit as long as possible.

:D

Eating does alter my weed high. It brings it into a more comfortable state because eating is somewhat a comfort thing. I will still feel sort of in the DUH mindstate but it's more sedating and less tweakerish.

^ yeah maybe a little more comfortable, but not less high over here.

I think that the time it takes to eat a snack is what reduces the high, not the act of eating. The peak only lasts 10-20mins.
Just my opinion.

On a side note, I find that going from a warm temperature to cold really reduces the high. And vice-versa going from cold to warm increases it.

Food just murders my high. I usually try to eat before getting high. But that actually turns into eating before smoking, smoking, then eating again...therefore killing my buzz and just having to smoke up again. It's pretty annoying, because I get awful munchies. My stomach literally just turns into a black hole.

food seems to taste better when im high, but like most people said, after im done eating, my high goes down drasticly. i suggest eating your full BEFORE you smoke

seems like for me, different types of marijuana cause munchies much worse than others, while ive had some that didnt affect my appetite

The results of this poll so far seem to suggest that eating only psychologically reduces a high, probably because it is the general social expectation that it will, and perhaps also because of factors like time taken to eat, which will of course reduce the high, as it doesn't last very long anyway. Although the percentage that don't find it to kill their high is currently less than half at 43%, I find it unlikely that those 43% (myself included) are imagining that our highs are not decreased when we eat.

Just as I thought, an interesting poll. :) Let's keep it up!

for me it seems to make me sleepier and melatonin increasing plus the weed buzz gives me more of a high actually

I have no idea but always thought it was because thc is absorbed by fat cells and if you eat there are more fat cells so the thc is absorbed more.
I do find it kills my high i just get tired after eating while stoned