• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you find that eating kills your weed high?

Does eating kill your weed high?

• Yes, eating does kill my weed high

Votes: 339 53.1%
  • No, eating does not kill my weed high

Votes: 299 46.9%

• Total voters
i don't really know if I get hungry when I'm high... But I always seem to eat. More as a "damn that looks good" than a "man i'm hungry" though.

Never had a problem with it killing a high, though.

fizzacyst said:
I'm still high afterwards, but it does seem to be reduced in intensity. I usually take another puff or two after killing the pizza.

nice! this is my experience as well, word for word, pizza and all.

i wouldn't go as far as to say weed kills my high, so i'm going to abstain from the poll. i think eating brings the high down a level, but it's hardly a buzzkill.

i dont notice it, but i've become acustomed to smoke before/during/after eating, within a relatively short period of time, so perhaps its possible

it doesnt really change for me - I'm high, and if i think about food then i'll probably go get some - if i dont i generally dont end up eating, and i dont believe that this changes anything. :S

I never got the munchies in my life.

Anyway, for me when I eat when I'm high, I find that it slows me down, as eating often does. Thus, my anxiety goes down and I get sleepy. When my anxiety goes down I often have a feeling of being less high, because people usually associate being high with the anxiety it gives. I get relaxed.

If I eat a lot, I usually end up burnt out and end up falling asleep. However, over the years I have learned how to control my munchy cravings.

It certainley kills my high quite a bit. I try my damnedest to not eat right after I smoke, but sometimes I am very hungry.

freejroll said:
I never got the munchies in my life.

Anyway, for me when I eat when I'm high, I find that it slows me down, as eating often does. Thus, my anxiety goes down and I get sleepy. When my anxiety goes down I often have a feeling of being less high, because people usually associate being high with the anxiety it gives. I get relaxed.

Thats really weird! ^^

I think with most people its just coincidence. Its just your coming down and your eating as your high is getting less and less so you associate the loss of your high with what you just ate. Thats how i look at it. I think if someone timed their high with no food and with food after it would be the same amount of time.

Xorkoth said:
Actually that's interesting Church... when I'm not hungry and I smoke, I get hungry, but when I'm really hungry, you know, the twisting-your-gut painful hunger like you get in morning sometimes, I'll smoke and it'll turn into normal, ignorable hunger.

Ya my buddy is like that, just lives by himself on 'weed diets' lmao!

uhhh i kind of noticed that when i would get the munchies years ago....

but i dont really care because if im not high enough ill just smoke more

it seems to me that eating does damper my high a bit, but after reading some of what other people have said, maybe its just in my head. hmm, need to get some bud so i can test out that theory...

yeah
i feel like shit if i eat too much when i'm faded
hmm....
everything tastes so delicious when i'm high though!!!

^Because, if your like me, you eat all the goddamn brownies because you keep getting more and more hungry the more you eat, then you eat more, goddamn pot brownies make me HUNGRY

Depends, if I have a small snack, apple, orange, what have you, no. But say I order 10 chicken taco's after smoking a few too many bongs, Yes, it does.

~*geNeRaTiOn E*~ said:
why not just eat and get high at the same time? pot brownies FTW!

oh I had some potent ones last night. btw we need to get you an avi GEN E

Perpetual Indulgence said:
I think eating kills my high but I don't give a shit. I eat if I want to eat.

Wha-evuh! I do wut I wownt!!

:D