• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DMT Subthread] Entity / Alien / Machine Elf Contact

But come on Bardo, the descriptions of near death experiences are nothing like DMT. I don't know about you but when I'm peaking on DMT it's like being in the middle of a psychedelic fucking whirlwind. There's explosions of colours, lightning fast structures and shapes as fast as thought. Especially with my eyes closed.

And I'm experienced with psychelics - for the first timer who has never even taken a psychedelic in his life, to be catapulted to the peak of a DMT trip during a near death experience isn't going to be "placid" and "seeing a light in the distance". That simply isn't DMT. He's going to be seeing something ferociously fucking psychedelic.

There is no reason to believe the pineal gland has anything to do with endogenous DMT except speculation in Strassman's book. The pineal gland makes melatonin. It doesn't give you special powers. It doesn't talk to aliens.

You're sounding nearly as excessively certain as Termino... you have no way of definitively knowing that it will always be impossible for all possible technologies to travel via "warp speed". I would say it is an innevitibillity given a long-lived enout scientifically oriented space-faring species like us, given enough time.

This is in a major science pub, about a respected scientist. You may have a very certain conviction or feeling it will always be impossible for all beings every where, but those are only that, your personal "feelings" you're blowing smoke about... who knows what could possibly be discovered or devised with total certainty? This at least shows there ARE theoretically possible approaches. I mean Einstein thought the Big Bang theory was hokum sci-fi nd that any and all instantaneous long distance Quantum Entanglement of particles was an utter 100% impossibility. There is now loads and loads of hard evidence that both are true.

Great visual with the article too!

http://news.discovery.com/space/metamaterials-could-help-simulate-warp-drive.html

6a00d8341bf67c53ef0133f500f7cd970b-800wi

Yeah and even those guys admit that warp drive isn't doable for another millennium. I guess what I"m trying to say is warp drive is unrealistic and we will probably have declined in technology in a millennium anyways.

Also this is all theoretical. There is no scientific method to support any of the claims these guys are making nor will there ever be.

But come on Bardo, the descriptions of near death experiences are nothing like DMT. I don't know about you but when I'm peaking on DMT it's like being in the middle of a psychedelic fucking whirlwind. There's explosions of colours, lightning fast structures and shapes as fast as thought. Especially with my eyes closed.

And I'm experienced with psychelics - for the first timer who has never even taken a psychedelic in his life, to be catapulted to the peak of a DMT trip during a near death experience isn't going to be "placid" and "seeing a light in the distance". That simply isn't DMT. He's going to be seeing something ferociously fucking psychedelic.

Thats true, but to a psychedelic virgin with no point of reference the experience may be explained differently (what they can remember of it anyway) than somebody with an extensive backround in psychedelic use. I've never had a near death experience and my DMT use is limited to ayahuasca so all of this is pretty much hear-say.

Like Psychodelirium said, it's all loose speculation based on the research/opinions of a handful of individuals. Its not quite the theory of evolution or the big bang ;)

How does a pineal gland function without a beating heart? It dies when you die.

It has absolutely nothing to do with an afterlife.

There could be aliens sure, but I have a hard time believing we will ever make contact with them or them with us. Do you alien believers realize how big the universe is and how much energy/time it would take to travel it?

It's fun to think about this stuff sure... but let's not get carried away and believe it with even 80% certainty.

You should check out some of Jose Escamilla's work,
one of my good friends had the same attitude towards this phenomena as you.
he now joins me in my weekly sky watch :)

Thats true, but to a psychedelic virgin with no point of reference the experience may be explained differently (what they can remember of it anyway)

I still think you're going to be seeing enormous explosions of colours and shapes. You arn't going to see a dark tunnel with a solitary light at the end - that's not DMT.

I find the aliens part a lot easier to accept than the idea that you are transported to a different plane of existence upon death. And I doubt that DMT has anything to do with either of those things. People write a lot of crazy shit on the internet, I know because I have done it before. You shouldn't believe everything you read on forums.

Regarding the pineal gland, isn't this just a myth sparked by Hunter S. Thompson and is confirmed untrue?

I think you're referring to adrenochrome in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. That is supposedly from the adrenal gland of a living human, not the pineal gland. It's effects were completely fabricated.

Exactly.

Near Death Experiences resemble dissociative (NMDA-Antagonists) descriptions, far more so than the experiences of traditional 5ht2a agonists. In many near death experience cases, there are theories behind the cause, particularity in terms of near death experiences resulting from hypoxia or low blood sugar. It is theorized that in response to the influx of glutamate during the traumatic experience, the body responds by closing the NMDA ion channels resulting in sensory depression, as well preventing the glutamate molecules from opening the channels wide (this has the potential to cause cell death if prolonged). NDE's might be in this situation a way for the body to protect itself from the potential dangers that the influx of glutamate has. In cases of those who have had NDE's resulting for a lack of oxygen have been seen to have less or no neurological damage, in a situation where one would expect massive amounts of damage.

I think you're referring to adrenochrome in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. That is supposedly from the adrenal gland of a living human, not the pineal gland. It's effects were completely fabricated.

When I mentioned consuming a human pineal gland, I was attempting to make a tongue-in-cheek reference to Hunter S. Thompsons adrenal gland bit. But I guess if one hasn't read the book, the reference would be completely misunderstood.

There is no reason to believe the pineal gland has anything to do with endogenous DMT except speculation in Strassman's book. The pineal gland makes melatonin. It doesn't give you special powers. It doesn't talk to aliens.

THANK YOU. This pineal gland nonsense is annoying.

It's a completely unproven hypothesis people, that is it.

Freaking Joe Rogan....

I think the pineal gland is metaphorically and physiologically in an interesting spot of our brains, but yeah, huge jumps from spirituality to reality have been linked a bit too quickly.

I could be right,i could be wrong,but it seems as though some people have taken too many drugs.

You can make real anything you want,especially when you manipulate your mind with powerful psychedelics.

But i would say that wouldn`t i? Right i`m going back to my mothership now,bye.8)

I find it hard to believe (albeit not impossible) that there are aliens that look like little grey men. They would have had to follow a very similar evolutionary pattern to us. On top of that, been smart enough and around long enough to develop long distance space travel. and on top of THAT, long distance space travel (even at light speeds) from the distances that "aliens" would most likely be would take an extremely long time to get to earth. They would need to have a base on the moon for them to be able to do anything meaningful in our solar system. and finally, if I were to concede that little grey alien men existed, how would they have any connection to tripping on DMT? my two cents.... again its just an opinion. Im not an astrophysicist, but I happen to know a few.

I figure the US government would "Create" alien-type beings in a lab, before EVER being visited and talking about Call of Duty 4 with a real alien while getting a coffee on lunch break at Area 51. If they had the technology to make it here, they wouldnt need the US government. Why would aliens give a shit about the US government? with that kind of technology they could incinerate our planet 5 times over.

aliens and [the modern notion of] heaven are very different topics that seem like someone kind of just "connected."

Your attempting to make assumptions about extra terrestrials as though they were human with human like tendancies and motives. Obviously if they have made it here, they are advanced enough to not need our help at all. That however says nothing about us needing their help. I wouldn't say I believe in et's collaborating with the government conclusively either, but it would make sense if they were doing it for our benefit. Technology is moving at a faster rate every day. Theres no telling how fast it will be moving 100 years from now, let alone how fast for a civilization far older and more advanced.

How does a pineal gland function without a beating heart? It dies when you die.

It has absolutely nothing to do with an afterlife.

There could be aliens sure, but I have a hard time believing we will ever make contact with them or them with us. Do you alien believers realize how big the universe is and how much energy/time it would take to travel it?

It's fun to think about this stuff sure... but let's not get carried away and believe it with even 80% certainty.

Using your same point on how big the universe is, Is it really that far fetched to think that in all that unfathomably endless space there isn't a single species out there that is advanced enough to be aware of human existance on earth? Is it then that far fetched to think that in all the unknown amount of time that has ever been there isn't some civilization capable of space and time travel on scales humans can't comprehend? And is it then so far fetched to think that in all that space, all that boundless potential there has never been an alien race that is not only aware of us, but actually interacting? I know its all only what ifs, but it seems only logically probable to me.

I think the fact that life was able to form on this planet means that it's possible that it has happened elsewhere. I don't think there are aliens because I haven't seen any credible evidence, but I would not be surprised if life does exist elsewhere in the universe. If a deity manifested and started talking to people I would probably shit my pants, no one has ever come up with sufficient evidence to prove that supernatural beings exist.

Your attempting to make assumptions about extra terrestrials as though they were human with human like tendancies and motives. Obviously if they have made it here, they are advanced enough to not need our help at all. That however says nothing about us needing their help. I wouldn't say I believe in et's collaborating with the government conclusively either, but it would make sense if they were doing it for our benefit. Technology is moving at a faster rate every day. Theres no telling how fast it will be moving 100 years from now, let alone how fast for a civilization far older and more advanced.

I agree, I may have came off strong with my post too.

I was just a little peeved because a lot of times when I read UFO/Alien/Supernatural/Conspiracy stuff, a lot of people just "pick and choose" information from different theories and stick em together because they like how they sound, and such.

What I reaallly meant was that ALL of those things: little grey alien men, working with the government, DMT and heaven, DMT and aliens seems like 8 different conspiracy theories stuffed together into one man's pile that he wants everyone on the net to know.

What about the Soviet govt? What if THEY were the ones really in cahootz with the aliens? Well we dont care because we are americans and want to slander the US govt....

plenty of what-ifs going around in the sci-fi community, without much evidence.
I was reading a UFO/alien forum the other day (although it may have been this thread) and someone made the valid point that UFO researchers RARELY put forth their evidence and let it speak for itself. They have to tell everyone what THEY think is going on, because there is no hard evidence strong enough to speak for itself, or we would all believe in aliens.

And, if it is possible (which it totally is) for super-intelligent life to evolve in the universe, then the technology boom we have experienced, which many conspiracists attribute to alien technology, would just be a normal technological growth spurt in our growth as a species. if that makes any sense...im kind of high