• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DMT and the pineal gland

I think it's a well written document, haven't read it all, but Strassman makes good points. Also, I think it's beneficial to know that we can produce our own interdimensional hallucinations. Like alien abductions. They're messages from within. I think if more people discovered the peace of natural DMT production they wouldn't be so bored with their lives. Glad you posted this man, I believe it fits this forum topic perfectly ;)

^There is no evidence at all that endogenous DMT has any hallucinogenic effect on humans.

One point that is often made about Strassmans book is this; the trip reports involved alien abductions- experiments by strange beings, often with one main "guide"- hallucinations of machines, and high tech futuristic scenarios- and the setting for these trips was a hospital experiment with a benevlonet doctor and a bunch of machines in a sterile hospital room. Strassman seemed to have totally forgotten how external environemental factors colour ones experience. In my view these reports mean nothing except that, in the right setting, one can feel like they've been adbucted by aliens when injected with DMT.

"The pineal gland (also called the pineal body, epiphysis cerebri, or epiphysis) is a small endocrine gland in the vertebrate brain. It produces melatonin, a hormone that affects the modulation of wake/sleep patterns and photoperiodic (seasonal) functions." - Wiki

I find the Pineal gland very interesting because of the link between melatonin production and darkness as a trigger.
Darkness is where I prefer to do all of my practices especially trance which is how I access the deepest states more quickly.

It seems to be a relatively new evolutionary capability (or very old one) to still function while in darkness.
Most animals (humans especially) respond to complete blackness with sleep, simply because there are only so many things one can do without the ability to see (with your eyes).

Check out David Wilcock's video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4951448613711060908

Great coverage on the pineal gland.

the thread title is a confused question. The pineal gland is not important in any way whatsoever...it very well could have a different structure, be a composite of different structures, or some other type of physical arrangement we can't very well conceive. Its entirely contingent.

The function of whatever the pineal gland does is what is what you should be interested in, not the structure itself.

swilow said:
^There is no evidence at all that endogenous DMT has any hallucinogenic effect on humans.

One point that is often made about Strassmans book is this; the trip reports involved alien abductions- experiments by strange beings, often with one main "guide"- hallucinations of machines, and high tech futuristic scenarios- and the setting for these trips was a hospital experiment with a benevlonet doctor and a bunch of machines in a sterile hospital room. Strassman seemed to have totally forgotten how external environemental factors colour ones experience. In my view these reports mean nothing except that, in the right setting, one can feel like they've been adbucted by aliens when injected with DMT.

I don't think people encounter aliens when you give them LSD in a hospital room tho.

Strassman states that DMT is produced by the pineal gland from serotonin. This is a very weird suggestion, as I don't see any route for the body to dehydroxylate it. The metabolic pathway from trypthophan to NN-dimethyl tryptamine is likely to be different. And he didn't name the enzyme that does the methylation of the amino group, what we need is N-methyl transferase, not O-methyl transferase. Also, the brain was not among those parts of the body, where DMT producing enzyme indolethylamine N-methyl transferase is expressed in one of the most recent researches in the field. The source.

The book is not serious.

Last edited:
Ismene said:
I don't think people encounter aliens when you give them LSD in a hospital room tho.

Yeah true, but then LSD isn't as immersive, so to speak, as DMT. I just think its odd that he never considered his and his staff members' role in the trips content. I mean- I have encountered 'alien-like' creatures, but thats more looking back in retrospect...

Gaian Planes said:
the thread title is a confused question. The pineal gland is not important in any way whatsoever...it very well could have a different structure, be a composite of different structures, or some other type of physical arrangement we can't very well conceive. Its entirely contingent.

The function of whatever the pineal gland does is what is what you should be interested in, not the structure itself.

I dont think the title implies anything about the structure. In fact I wasn't thinking about that at all. I actually meant more along the lines of what you said, the function. I could care less about the structure. In fact i dont think the structure or shape of any of our organs is especially interesting... its all about what they do.

Pineal means like a pine cone. Or something.

Of interest, structurallt, the pineal was intriguing when they believed it was the only brain organ that was symetrical ie. no left and right 'versions'. Though I have read recently that it is indeed divided in two....

is it true that smoking dmt destroys the natural dmt you have and..

therefore your death won't be how its supposed to be and it could be unpleasant because you've already used up your dmt and it never comes back? my friend told me she heard/read this from somewhere and she firmly believes it. i for one have never heard of something like this considering the purpose of the dmt that exists in our brains isn't even fully understood to begin with. has anyone else ever heard of this? if its true, could someone possibly show me some sources or research for this claim? i've tried looking and i can't really find anything. thanks

its true and it also causes men to grow breasts and white women to become subservient to large negroid males who periodically dose them to keep them in control :)

How would it be depleting you of the DMT you have in your brain if you're putting DMT into your body to trip on?