• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DMT and the pineal gland

If anything, I think it would prepare one for the transition into life after physical death, assuming that there really is life after physical death.

I don't know if you're saying that because you already know this, but there is a theory that the communion bread was, at some time, made with grain infected with the ergot fungus.
That would have led to ergotism, not lysergic ecstasy.

^Thats twaddle bilge rght there.

@solipsis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsh_Chapel_Experiment

...and there's the theory that the "Hexenwahn"[witch obsession] was actually influenced by ergot containing Claviceps purpurea (or "Mutterkorn" in german meaning "mother's grain" for it's use in 'medieval gynecology').
infested crops lead either to famine(and people being temptet to look for a scapegoat) or ergotism(/hallucinations)...
-> bad combination

-
jesus. I'm stoned. hope this makes any sense... :)

Um I think ergot = claviceps purpurea = Mutterkorn = mother's grain = moederkoorn.

here a pic for nice illustration even though most of you know it :)

moederkoorn.jpg

Those theories are all a bit unstable but I guess it might have thrown fuel on the fire,
in the case of the witch huntings...

And despite the fact that you can get hallucinations from ergot poisoning, the side
effects would made it less than blissful, I'm sure no christian would like the association
with their patriarch.

Same goes for the kykeon preparation used for the ceremonies at mt. Olympus (celebra-
tion of the Mysteries of Eleusis):

As to the composition of the drink, it is generally agreed that it can have had no alcoholic content, since the Hymn expressly states that Demeter did not partake of wine. Yet it has been suggested that there might have been an admixture of some other intoxicating ingredients. Joseph Campbell, for example, has speculated that the grains of wheat may have contained small quantities of ergot, a natural hallucinogen often occurring in cereal products (video: "From Darkness to Light"). This hypothesis is rendered less plausible, however, by the extremely volatile character of ergot infections (as in Saint Anthony's fire), which would have been difficult if not impossible to control safely.

Last edited:
if you mean, if you smoke DMT, and when you die, you dont experience a DMT trip on death:

If we smoked pure serotonin, the serotonin in our brain would be uneffected.

Same with dopamine.

That's quite a simplistic comparison that I don't believe proves anything?
Nor do I think it's known all that well what would happen if you do that.

Serotonin is a neurotransmitter abundantly used for many roles in the brain,
its metabolism is quite stable and well-protected.
The role of DMT is not clear at all, no one knows exactly if it is meant to serve
a function in the brain and which that would be. It's metabolism is also protec-
ted, by MAO, as is already said but in the context of the original question we
can not presume to know anything that directly proves it to be false.

Via other ways I guess we have established its inconsistency though...

Re: the kykeon. There are strains of clavceps that don't produce gangrene nducng chemcals, and those chemicals are not wate soluble; also, there is specualtioin that LSD itself can be produced natually. There were some old threads on the subject that I can't be bothered fndng as my toes are turnng black.

correct me if this is stupid, but if DMT occurs naturally in the body, like serotonin/dopamine etc...

wouldn't your body/mind reduce the amount of DMT in you naturally to counter the massive attack dose you are taking?

Like some down regulation of DMT maybe.. If DMT is indeed responsible for the crazy things we believe it to be, wouldn't the lack of those feelings naturally kinda fuck with you spiritually?

What crazy things do we believe it to be responsible for? Strassman himself admitted that the effects of DMT aren't very similar to classical mystical experiences.

someone told me the other day that eating cheese increases your natural dmt levels whilst sleeping.

Well it's not a completely bonkers idea, the mechanism would be that cheese - especially aged types I think - is known to contain tyramine, eating cheese before going to sleep can cause vivid dreams and bad headaches are also caused by the tyramine which is why you can't eat it when on MAOIs.
The idea would be that tyramine is a competitive MAOI by just being a MAO substrate, allowing higher DMT levels to be sustained, causing the dreams. Only problem is that there is probably not nearly enough tyramine in there to ever do that, to be able to realistically eat enough cheese for it.
So yea, anus.

w00t w00t, back to my deamsters destroyin' my natural deamsters and all that

so if i saw open my skull and remove my brain (dont worry it wont hurt, ill be anesthetized by ketamine), to get the DMT out of my pineal would a simple straight to base extraction work? Would acid base be better?
Can i just squeeze the DMT juice out the way one would milk a bufo?

hahaha okay i love all the comments on this thread, but thanks for your input, you guys have pretty much reinforced that whoever told my friend that theory did not know what they were talking about and apparently neither does my friend.

Removing this post from sight buddy, if you are serious - even though i dont think you are - these facts you claim are simply wrong and absolutely proven to be. Please do some research.

so if i saw open my skull and remove my brain (dont worry it wont hurt, ill be anesthetized by ketamine), to get the DMT out of my pineal would a simple straight to base extraction work? Would acid base be better?

A/B for sure-- pineal deamsters is fatty as hell! :D