• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DMT and the pineal gland

OK there was some digression from the topic but I'm fond enough of the thread for some reason or another. Decided to pool the stuff on DMT and the epiphysis =D Changed title, etc

DMT from the pineal is called "Pinsters" by the way.

What's the deal?

I've read and enjoyed Strassman's "Spirit Molecule", but no responsible neurologist/biologist takes such ideas seriously.

The human pineal gland produces melatonin, not DMT (nor anything like it). The trouble with some psychopharmacologists is that they ingest the drugs they're studying, and then immediately come up with unfounded, Leary-esque revelations. Maybe he was thinking of the Colorado river toad and 5-MeO-DMT when he came up with the theory...

As for chakras and the like, it's pretty obvious to me that that's just make believe. I'm NOT against make believe - it can be a lot of fun, but I think it can also be dangerous when taken too seriously.

I'm a big Hunter S. Thompson fan, but I take much of his work with a grain of salt. I think that sometimes, he's joking around or perhaps just unsure of his facts.

I fear the day some new age whacko enlightens us to the fact that there are subcutaneous cannabis seeds in the bottoms of our feet: The "Seed of the Sole", one might say.

Kids will be taking chunks out of their heels and planting them in the backyard.

At least (I hope) most intelligent grown-ups don't take this kind of stuff seriously.

Peacelove,
Aldousage
Are you aware of your own existance? If your reading this you must be, there, now apply what you just learnd

Re: the kykeon. There are strains of clavceps that don't produce gangrene nducng chemcals, and those chemicals are not wate soluble; also, there is specualtioin that LSD itself can be produced natually. There were some old threads on the subject that I can't be bothered fndng as my toes are turnng black.

Claviceps paspali was the species which was considered to be most likely candidate for the kykeon. Shulgin also reckoned it to be preferable to C.purpurea as a precursor to anyone interested in making ergoloids.

Claviceps paspali was the species which was considered to be most likely candidate for the kykeon. Shulgin also reckoned it to be preferable to C.purpurea as a precursor to anyone interested in making ergoloids.

Do you know why he suggested that species? I assume less of the gangrenous alkaloids...?

I think it's easier to culture. Also the starter cultures are more readily available.

Not sure about the alkaloid differences though.

^Remember though that the ancient greeks most likely didn't know such concepts....

Do you know why he suggested that species? I assume less of the gangrenous alkaloids...?

I recall it has less, if any, of the vasoconstriction properties that purpurea seems to hold in abundance. This i believe was the reason he suggested it as a preferable precursor - that & it conveniently grows wild in several of the more southerly states in America.

It's good to know that acid is wheat based =D come to think of it, shame there's no psychedelic version of some breakfast cereal.

You can just imagine that box, can't you? Lucky Charms becomes Lucky pharms, Crazy Cow and Special K might stay the same haha..

Last edited:
This might sound like a cooky thing I pulled out of my ass, and it is, but it's food for thought:

The wheat crop carries with it associations of organized society, the ego of the people.

Ergot undermines the grain, and it carries associations of anti-establishment.

Wheat carries associations of food for me, and gives life to the people.
Ergot poisons the wheat, and carries associations of death.
But everyone sees things differently.

Yeah, but meat and vegetables also carry associations of food. Wheat and grain in particular allowed for large surpluses of... food for the general population. This is necessary for "advancement" of civilization.

if by general population you mean a standing army that requires nonperishable food stores for long campaigns of conquest

wheat is murder!

i dont think anyone would be crazy enough to attempt to extract the pineal gland from a living being because it is pretty rediculious that someone would do that for a possible amount of dmt we dont even know is there. that being said i am still fairly content from getting all my materials from mimosa hostilis thank you =D

i dont think anyone would be crazy enough to attempt to extract the pineal gland from a living being because it is pretty rediculious that someone would do that for a possible amount of dmt we dont even know is there. that being said i am still fairly content from getting all my materials from mimosa hostilis thank you =D

Im pretty sure we're certain that DMT is actually in our bodies, as some of it is excreted in our urine.
The amounts are so small though it would not be worth extracting from a human (not to mention the cruelty involved:\)

with death, begins new life.

The deadly ergot, brought us something that can't be described. The only descriptions we have only cover a tiny percent of the actual true wonder that is LSD

^Its really a testament to the truth in the old cliche that there's "great good in the worst of us, and great evil in the best of us." Its all perspective and how you look at it. The ergot fungus brought unimaginably intense suffering to countless living beings, however it has now also given us one of the greatest wonders of the universe. You take the good with the bad, happy with the sad, and all that gobbledygook.