• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DMT and the pineal gland

so I know that ergot/lsd is super interesting and all...

but I keep checking this thread hoping to find good discussion on dmt in the pineal gland, but keep just seeing new comments about things that have nothing to do with dmt or any endogenous system.

not to be a buzzkill, but I'm sure there's a far more fitting thread for ergot talk, and then when people are looking for info on it they'll be able to find it.

I dont think there is really much to be said about DMT in the pineal gland as we are not exactly sure why its there, what its purpose is.
Its an intriguing topic but not much factual data is available on it.

But i agree. We should get the thread back on topic.

so I know that ergot/lsd is super interesting and all...

but I keep checking this thread hoping to find good discussion on dmt in the pineal gland, but keep just seeing new comments about things that have nothing to do with dmt or any endogenous system.

not to be a buzzkill, but I'm sure there's a far more fitting thread for ergot talk, and then when people are looking for info on it they'll be able to find it.

All that we have proof of is that DMT is produced endogenously "somewhere" in the human body. There's no proof that DMT is produced in the pineal gland. I believe Dr. Rick Strassman hypothesized that it was because the pineal gland produces melatonin, a chemical similar to DMT that regulates sleep. Because melatonin regulates sleep, it was hypothesized that DMT facilitated dreaming. Also, the pineal gland has significant spiritual connotations as it is the remnants of our third eye, still optically present in some archaic reptiles. Psychedelics such as DMT can cause profound enlightening experiences that many people feel awakens their "third eye", a concept that is common in some spiritual practices such as Hinduism and is connected to concepts such as the chakras and kundalini awakening.

Check out the this thread:

Further Evidence That Endogenous DMT Acts On The Brain?

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=7818505#post7818505

It's from the Advanced Drug Discussion so you may find it more useful.

Last edited: