Dihydrocodeine vs Codeine

which is teh best?

• dihydrocodeine

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • codeine

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
Yeah, I'd call it a "demethylation"!
And any ideas about paramol availability - are <snip> fully stocked throughout the country????

And any ideas about paramol availability - are <snip> fully stocked throughout the country????

We're not here to discuss specific sources I'm afraid. Even for OTC meds. :)

I wouldn't know about elsewhere, but I've had success in Manchester.

So if we go by trends in urbanisation, industry, fashion, music etc. then the rest of Britain should see them in about five years' time. ;)

Hang on? You prefer codeine to DHC. Wrong, but fair enough.

You prefer morphine to oxy though?

Who let the perverts out? :)

I guess I'm a pervert too. Prefer morphine to oxy, and high-dose potentiated DHC to both, which is the closest I can get, on this side of the Atlantic, to my absolute favourite - CWE'd hydrocodone from Vicodin or Lortab, upbeat like DHC. Oxy's too speedy at first, then turns me into an absolute vegetable, whereas a big dose of DHC with benzos takes me exactly where I want to be. Also, despite not liking it much, I turn into a total fiend on oxy, and pop/snort till it's gone - whereas I can have dhc around and not NEED to binge till it's all vanished...though with my tolerance, I can rarely afford to lay in extra supplies. People do have widely different tastes in these things.

^ That is pretty awesome news actually, codeine leaves me pretty unsatisfied but high-dose dhc always used to hit the spot. Tolerance has crept up a little of late though, hrmmm..

Mu-ham-mad didn't last long, eh? Shame, as some of his posts are quite entertaining!

Someone please can i get an answer to this .

What is the ceiling dose with codeine linctus some say 400mgs i rekon it's more ?

Well, I can confirm that Paramol really is BACK! Yeaaay! Several 32-packs were seen behind the pharmacy counter of a well-known chain. No sign of their cheaper, own-brand generic version yet, though.

Also, generic co-codamol 8/500 are insanely cheap at a certain major supermarket's instore pharmacy counter. Pat yourself on the backside .....

For me it's very good , but it's person to person and they tolerance and experience.. However I think even heroin users could make it work by this method.. I potentiate about 200 with a couple of soma700mg and a mebrobate 400mg with Quine if I can
get a strong tonic Quine based tonic water(if you can't you only mess a bit)The nods come. And you are in morphine territory plus.

oh I add a few benzos. Not sure what they do but help the nod. I started to use tram but that became too physically addictive amd used benzos as a protection against convolsating. Bit now I am totally off that. The Snri digs in hard over the opiate property(synthetic)
The problem with codeine is you can not stack it. And there is a ceiling dose. Not sure there is with DHC. So you can up the dose as you go on.
ACTIVAS DHC are dam good and you can go high ( never two dangerous for harm reduction. Find you level and end it)

in the uk you can get scripted the stuff of a slightly dodgy private practise for 200 times 30 mg per month, codeine or DHC. Not that I use that much.

Seein as this popped up, I think I prefer DHC for both pain and recreation. Seems to last all day, come on slower, and leave me less nauseous. Not quite as buzzy as codeine but love it with a couple spliffs, had a few nights on it last week with my partner and we both ended up quite happily chilling listening to music and having fairly indepth conversations for hours, also it made me eat like a fucking horse I swear. I fucked up on it the first time I took it because I thought its duration would be similar to codeine so took some in the morning and was nodding away in a world of my own by the time it came to go to work. Oops. Don't think anyone noticed and I didn't have to drive myself, could function but could have easily curled up in a dark corner and gone to sleep if I'd had any delays to the usual routine

I don't bother potentiating either much now my tolerance is fairly normal, though will usually have a couple glasses of tonic if we've got it in. Been taking Valerian recently too which definitely has an effect on me on its own, can't tell if it adds much to the DHC tho.

According to most medical sources the only difference is that dhc is less consitipating and and interchangeable dose for dose. Have g being prescribed both in the past I thought any difference was negligible but I know some disagree with that.

In aus trails we on,y have rikodiene it's a cough syrup for a dry cough , it has 380mg of dhc in it , I would honestly prefer 400mg of codeine . Just remember dhc only has a 20% bio availability .

I find both to be completely different. Codeine is a lovely buzzy euphoria that lasts about half an hour. DHC is much stronger (120mg DHC feels about as strong as 200mg codeine), quite sedating and completely devoid of any warm and fuzzy feelings.

I'd take 200mg codeine over any amount of DHC, every time. I'm a strange case though, as I also prefer codeine to oxycodone.

Dihydrocodeine is lovely stuff. More potent and euphoric than regular codeine. Only downside is it does make me more prone to opi rage.

I wish we in the UK had OTC DHC syrup like the Aussies get. Still at least we have Paramol for when I can be arsed to do a CWE but really when codeine linctus is right there for less money it's just an easier choice.

But if I had a choice between a prescription strength box of one or the other it'd have to be the DHC.

DHC is where it is at! x2 as strong, longer duration and the chance of getting a nod. :)
Codeine is good for in the mean time, but as soon as you have tolerance it's not useful anymore.

I find them very useful for making mundane tasks interesting, but the WDs off DHC aren't funny and I've had WDs from the stronger opiates out there. The price of a CWE makes it worthwhile though.

I never understood the exact strength of Dihydrocodeine. Certain medical studies claim its from 1-1.5 stronger than codeine, while other state its 2 times stronger.

But I usually dose 80mg of DHC like once a month and I get pretty high. The best thing is that it doesn't have a comedown apart from the little nausea, but that can be cured with some ginger tea or just by laying down.

=Wilson WilsonI wish we in the UK had OTC DHC syrup like the Aussies get.
That stuff is loaded with sorbitol though.
I took it a few times, ages ago, and the sorbitol OD makes your digestive tract do all manner of disturbing and violent things.
Hard to enjoy the buzz when you're bloated, stomach gurgling and churning - gas, the runs - hardly a relaxing way to get high 8(

Everyone i know that's taken Rikodeine (Australia's only OTC DHC preparation) seems to say "it's not worth it".

That stuff is loaded with sorbitol though.
I took it a few times, ages ago, and the sorbitol OD makes your digestive tract do all manner of disturbing and violent things.
Hard to enjoy the buzz when you're bloated, stomach gurgling and churning - gas, the runs - hardly a relaxing way to get high 8(

Everyone i know that's taken Rikodeine (Australia's only OTC DHC preparation) seems to say "it's not worth it".

Didn't know that, that's no fun. At least the codeine linctus doesn't have any anti-abuse crap in it. Hope that remains true.