• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Defeating the new OC time release

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem, Im just throwing these tidbits of facts out there for those who dont feel like going through the whole paper on HMPC, this will hopefully keep the clutter to a minimum and increase the probability of cracking it between the community....hopefully ;)

the PH of the hypro is between 4-8, so I think that a variance in this alkalinity may have something to do with the bonding of the polymers, also heating the polymers does seem to separate them from the oxy, but.........as you stated there's an issue with the polymer-polymer binding. thats the issue.

16ht4sj.jpg

To help those better understand the dark part in the middle is the Matrix containing the drug (I recall people saying that when they milled their pills they noticed a difference in the middle of the pill, somewhat like cotton?)

When introduced to an aqueous state the outside coating (HPMC) swells up and allows the water soluable oxycodone to "salt out" of the tablet itself.

This introduces the possiblity of carefully grinding off the outer coating of the pill itself to expose the matrix in the middle then working on dissolving said matrix, probably with acetone.

The end product looked like this:
http://i55.tinypic.com/20hvin4.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/33ojko6.jpg

The acetone definetly removes the agent that makes it difficult to crush up, what your left with is a dried up gum looking material. I ended up eating the material and it did not taste like oxy at all. I believe some of my OC was in the acetone wash possibly, and I couldnt distinguish the taste because I used the 100% acetone from walgreens thats cut with bittrex (denatonium benzonate)

Hmm... So from what you're saying, the dried up gum material did not contain any OC. This may mean that oxycodone hcl is insoluble in acetone. Could we do a insoluble extraction, meaning instead of using the filtered liquid, we use whatever is left in the filter, which , hopefully, is oc?

Does anyone know the solubility data of OC in acetone?

-lenses

Toluene has been used in the process of removing the cocaine from coca leaves. Another possibility not yet tried.

Mr. Muncheez I so wish those were around my area. I tried no joke 9 different walgreens. I think there are probably ten times the national average of oxy scripts in my area.

Dude, do not give up. They should be able to order the generic versions just like the Walgreens in my area. If you get scripts, I would try each and every month until they are able to get them. Ask them specifcally if they can order the Ethex or Apotex generic OC's. I do not think they had a very good plan for this transition. In the coming months, I believe we are going to see an uprising in the original oc's being filled generically once they have had some time to up their quantities. I also think that more and more pharmacies will start seeing them available through their wholesalers. Until then, if you are stuck w/ the OP's, then I can understand trying these experiments. Good luck to everyone!

Lenses....seems you were able to extract the polymers and separate the oc from the plastic, but left the oc behind in the acetone. Will chime back in in a little bit with more info on that.

Hmm... So from what you're saying, the dried up gum material did not contain any OC. This may mean that oxycodone hcl is insoluble in acetone. Could we do a insoluble extraction, meaning instead of using the filtered liquid, we use whatever is left in the filter, which , hopefully, is oc?

Does anyone know the solubility data of OC in acetone?

-lenses

Unfortunatley the HPMC is also not soluable in acetone. so what is left over in the filter is a large amount of polymer with OC still inside.

So far there is no cut and dry seperation technique, the common solvents I mentioned I used did nothing to remove or seperate any type of polymer, except hot water which dissolved everything. Unfortunatley once cooled + evaped it re-gels into what you see in the picture.

One common example of chemically assisted degradation is the degradation of polymers by ozone particles. Ozone is a naturally occurring atmospheric molecule that is produced by electric discharge or through a reaction of Oxygen with solar radiation. Ozone is also produced with atmospheric pollutants reacted with UltraViolet Radiation. For a reaction to occur, ozone concentrations only have to be as low as 3-5 parts per hundred million (pphm) and when these concentrations are reached, a reaction occurs with a thin surface layer (5 x10-7 metres) of the material. The ozone molecules react with the polymer which in most cases is unsaturated (contains double bonds), however a reaction will still occur in saturated polymers (those containing only single bonds). When reaction occurs, scission of the polymer chain (breaking of double covalent bonds) takes place forming decomposition products:

Chain scission increases with the presence of active Hydrogen molecules (for example, in water) as well as acids and alcohols. Along with this type of reaction, cross linking and side branch formations also occur by an activation of the double bond and these make the polymer material more brittle.

Has anyone read anything about any of these extra additives effecting the lungs or breathing functions? I have a lung disease and not only aren't these things having the same pain relief properties but I'm having more problems breathing over the last week since I started taking these things. Thanks

So if im understanding this correctly:
1. Heat water, add milled pill whilst stirring, (it dissolves quite rapidly)
2. Cool whilst stirring
3. add more water THEN heat said water
4. Cool again

What exactly will this achieve, I appreciate the information but when I heated, stirred, and let cool, it was like trying to scrape dried syrup from a plate.
That being said I havent gotten the HPMC to seperate, it just changes the properties of all the water and the oxy remains in the snot-water mixture

wait so.......this method seems pretty similar to cooking crack?....Hmmmm, I wonder if you could mill down the OP and use the OP "powder" instead of coke and cook it up the same way you would cook crack (there's a few different ways, maybe the shot glass method???)....and somehow the Oxy would bond to the baking powder, then you could smash it up and snort/IV it??? I doubt it would work, but wouldn't it be wonderful? I'm still trying to wrap my mind around Purdue extracting 103% of the drug... :-\

OXY-ROCK, the new CRACK. :)

good or bad?

what if u let the pills soak in some cola for about 10 min take it out and dry then crush it ????
any 2 cents?

I used a hose clamp to grind up about 30mg of an op and put it in some acetic anhydride. Stirred it around for a bit, let it sit for about 3-5 minutes then ran it through a coffee filter. Let the aa evaporate and was left with what appears to be oxy and maybe something else. Scraped it off of the plate and snorted it. It didn't gel at all, tasted like oxy and got me high. Seemed to work perfectly. Granted aa is kind of a bitch to get your hands on so most people probably cant do this but I bet acetic acid would work too.

I used a hose clamp to grind up about 30mg of an op and put it in some acetic anhydride. Stirred it around for a bit, let it sit for about 3-5 minutes then ran it through a coffee filter. Let the aa evaporate and was left with what appears to be oxy and maybe something else. Scraped it off of the plate and snorted it. It didn't gel at all, tasted like oxy and got me high. Seemed to work perfectly. Granted aa is kind of a bitch to get your hands on so most people probably cant do this but I bet acetic acid would work too.

What was the consistancy of the end product? did it crumble like a powder?

Could you provide us with pictures possibly?

Also can you PM me a source for the AA?

no pictures, it was a powder but it did clump together a bit when I was trying to get it into a line which made me nervous at first. Worked fine though and didn't gel. Sourcing is against the rules and I wouldn't even know where to get it anyway. I got a small amount of it by complete chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.