• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Crystal Meth Withdrawal Length

I've always thought that stims don't have a real withdrawal per say until I started lurking on posts about people talking about the methamphetamine withdrawal. It seems that the depression can last far longer and be more severe from stimulant withdrawal than even from opiates.

If i am only using occasionally, say once a month and i do a gram over two days/nights then i sleep on night 3 and feel fine the next day but the day after that i get shocking anxiety and depression that lasts 3-5 days. After that though i am back to feeling fine but with cravings that are easily triggered if anything makes me feel like taking more.

So basically 2 days up then 5 days down so a binge pretty much fills in a week. The down can be alleviated to some extent with benzos and d-amp but that does not make me productive at all.

When i was on abilify i basically had no down though but the highs were weaker.

Christ i hate this drug when I’m not loving it.

If i am only using occasionally, say once a month and i do a gram over two days/nights then i sleep on night 3 and feel fine the next day but the day after that i get shocking anxiety and depression that lasts 3-5 days. After that though i am back to feeling fine but with cravings that are easily triggered if anything makes me feel like taking more.

So basically 2 days up then 5 days down so a binge pretty much fills in a week. The down can be alleviated to some extent with benzos and d-amp but that does not make me productive at all.

When i was on abilify i basically had no down though but the highs were weaker.

Christ i hate this drug when I’m not loving it.

Man, lemme tell you, i'm seriously reconsidering the entire last year i've been using meth after reading some of these replies regarding SSRI's gimping the effects of my dope. Every time I thought I was getting shitty gear, could've just been the damn Zoloft.

Man, lemme tell you, i'm seriously reconsidering the entire last year i've been using meth after reading some of these replies regarding SSRI's gimping the effects of my dope. Every time I thought I was getting shitty gear, could've just been the damn Zoloft.

Yeah. They definitely mess with your high.

Yeah. They definitely mess with your high.

Don't get me wrong, I agree 100%, I just don't know by how much.
I still catch a satisfactory high more days than not, and when breaks of more than a week are taken, I'm able to get much of that old euphoria back (1st day only though).
With the Zoloft it seems like my tolerance sets in a lot quicker if anything.

After a lot of trial and error, and years of research, I figured out the best way to handle coming down off meth...

Just don't ever COME down....its not worth it, stay high all of the time and you'll never face the agony of withdrawals...works for me folks...

Antidepressants have made that easy lol... (Help me i'm scared)

Just don't ever COME down....

A very tempting strategy. I was so high last night I seriously wondered if I was ever going to come back to earth and get a grip.

But I want to be getting high and not just maintaining which means taking breaks - which inevitably means the comedowns.

In my experience, I had a 1 gram a day meth habit. Snorted and smoked. After a couple years or so of that, quit cold turkey. I slept for almost 4 days. Then I had a week of physical and mental malaise and low level depression. Each day got slightly better over the course of the next week until I was back to baseline at T+17 days. It's not as bad as kicking opiates because it's mainly mental, no real physical factor other than the burnt out dopamine receptors that need to adjust.

A very tempting strategy. I was so high last night I seriously wondered if I was ever going to come back to earth and get a grip.

But I want to be getting high and not just maintaining which means taking breaks - which inevitably means the comedowns.

I love crazy that can be sometimes, especially if you live some place thats warm year round, and there are so many things to do outdoors and yes maintaining is an acquired taste, thats for sure...

I love crazy that can be sometimes, especially if you live some place thats warm year round, and there are so many things to do outdoors and yes maintaining is an acquired taste, thats for sure...
You know what's annoying about that whole sometimes crazy thing is that the meth high has a ceiling. There is a point where you can't get any higher no matter how much more you ingest. It sticks out like a sore thumb and is very obvious. Can't miss it. What happens is you start losing your mind into a deeper and deeper state of psychosis, and then comes tremors, and if you persist, and if course I will, you eventually push yourself right over the threshold into a full on seizure. In my case the seizure also caused a strange patchy memory loss. Like it distorted the order in which I did things for the prior 48 hours.

I have an addict mind though with that stuff. If 1 is good then 2 is better and 3 is never enough.

Its all maintainence at this point lol.
The drug might as well be perscribed for my ADD and the chronic boredom that comes with it. As sad as it sounds, i feel like my brain is just wired for amphetamines. Meth acts as that missing puzzle piece.

Reactions: R3K
As sad as it sounds, i feel like my brain is just wired for amphetamines. Meth acts as that missing puzzle piece.

That’s not sad, that’s the ADD/ADHD brain. I feel exactly the same - as if a critical part of me is missing unless I’m stimmed up in one way or another. I can probably live without meth but I’d feel a part of me died forever if I lost access to my prescribed d-amph.

You know what's annoying about that whole sometimes crazy thing is that the meth high has a ceiling. There is a point where you can't get any higher no matter how much more you ingest. It sticks out like a sore thumb and is very obvious. Can't miss it. What happens is you start losing your mind into a deeper and deeper state of psychosis, and then comes tremors, and if you persist, and if course I will, you eventually push yourself right over the threshold into a full on seizure. In my case the seizure also caused a strange patchy memory loss. Like it distorted the order in which I did things for the prior 48 hours.

I have an addict mind though with that stuff. If 1 is good then 2 is better and 3 is never enough.

Yeah I don't know, everyone is different I guess and I suppose experience is a big factor, I think I've seen what you're describing a time or three, fortunately that's not an accurate description of how things go for me... dare I say supply might be another factor as well. If you have more than you could ever do in week or a month, I would say it's not such an obsession to consume everything so quickly...

That’s not sad, that’s the ADD/ADHD brain. I feel exactly the same - as if a critical part of me is missing unless I’m stimmed up in one way or another. I can probably live without meth but I’d feel a part of me died forever if I lost access to my prescribed d-amph.

Wow, I'm not the only one after all...!!!

Wow, I'm not the only one after all...!!!
Same here but since dissociatives crossed my path I now feel the same about dissos and while stims certainly help, initially, there's still something missing and the stimulation begins to feel awful when you've experienced the same without the jitteryness. Maybe they are right and it's a dopamine imbalance caused by whatever but the feeling is a reality, yeah.

(Don't try it, not everybody reacts well to dissos and they are addictive on their own.)

Day to day life is just more interesting with the dope. Not saying I'm completely unable to function without it. But regular, day to day life stuff like work, visiting friends/family without wanting to leave after 5 minutes of talking, being inspired artistically, are crucial to me. I had zero motivation to pick up my photo/music editing where I left off when I got clean 13 years ago and this last year I found it again.
Last few years before I relapsed, All I did on my days off was play video games, be a gym rat, and drink beer (There ain't a lot to do in AZ). Doesn't sound horrible but in general I'm just bored all the time. Never content to just be somewhere and chill.

Biggest negative tradeoff though, is losing every ounce of motivation to get to the gym and stay in shape physically. I used to live at my LA Fitness. I would be there twice a day without fail at my peak, but once a day minimum for years. That all went bye bye the first day 👌👎

Last edited:
^^We could be twins

I’m always bored but I can’t relax. It’s interesting how being on stimulants can actually make you lose motivation for some things like exercise. I can work at my desk for a solid 12 hours a day, day in and day out for weeks or months if I have an interesting project but I can’t hardly get motivated towards fitness.