• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Crystal Meth Withdrawal Length

Just thought it was an interesting observation that stims dont cause withdrawal issues. There must be a reason and the conclusion I proposed seems the most legitimate. God likes stimulants proven by the fact that their usage does not result in any kind of punishment through physical withdrawals and addiction.

I think we have a strong enough case to convince large religious organizations to get behind legalizing the elicit stims based on this discovery. My logic is flawless.

Exactly Mr. Scag. You said it perfectly and I totally agree but the meth is horribly mentally to challenge if your trying to stay clean. Like I been clean off heroin 2 weeks and yeah the mental part is hard, but meth man that can drive u crazy, even after a good while

Just thought it was an interesting observation that stims dont cause withdrawal issues. There must be a reason and the conclusion I proposed seems the most legitimate. God likes stimulants proven by the fact that their usage does not result in any kind of punishment through physical withdrawals and addiction.

I think we have a strong enough case to convince large religious organizations to get behind legalizing the elicit stims based on this discovery. My logic is flawless.

Nah, do not agree with that, sorry Blight. Stimulants and Meth encourage sexually depraved behavior. In fact, sexually depraved behavior for hours upon hours leading into days...this is not natural nor is it the intention of god to help us along this path (with regards to monotheistic religions). Stims also prevent you from sleeping everyday, which is also unnatural and they prevent you from eating and feel exhaustion....again, unnatural. Sorry. It is more like, go ahead and use stims and commit your sinful sexual acts without any consequence on this planet. When you die however.....

Opiates on the other-hand, are basically the only drug that can remotely be considered more approved by god, if there is such a thing. It is natural, it helps with physical pain greatly, it has helped medicine greatly, it is medicine, it prevents sexual perversion, it helps you sleep and you do not lose your mind or get high mentally. It is just a nice physical warmth. The physical withdrawals are just a warning not to indulge too much and also enjoy life without it....thus, opiates should be presented to the church as a way to legalise heroin!

You make some excellent points there. While my logic was flawless, i had not considered other factors. It may simply be a design flaw or rather the other negative effects are considered punishment enough without adding on physical withdrawals.

I will allow you first crack at the churches but if it does work it my no withdrawal trump card might clinch the deal.

The only concern I have is 7 hour long services from tweaking pastors. Something worth seeing once but not again. On the other hand a nodding pastor doesn't inspire confidence. I think thats another benefit on my side.

Nobody asked where God was involved with all this, or what drug he/she approves and disapproves of....

I think God is a benzo guy myself!

Yeah ^ thats prob correct. If he was meth guy we would live in a polygon world as robot slaves. The bud smoking is probably why shit is so messed up here right now due to its negative effects on mental performance and motivation. The poppy tea days however are prob when some random people get healed and some minor miracles happen, due to being in a good mood and all.

^^

Please stop with the meth induced nonsensical posts, Blight. You've been warned about it before.

I mean, come on. It's embarrassing.

My apologies. Just a little light hearted humor on an answered thread creatively highlighting the fact that for some reason stims do not cause physical dependance and withdrawals unlike other rec drug types. Why that might be is a relevant and interesting question.

^ blight you're making cpt jealous he is only possessing wax and alcohol

:(

Meth has a lot of "punishments" that IMO can be worse than mere physical dependency. Like...psychosis, agitation (psychological as well as psychomotor), anorexia, stereotypy, and more. Frankly I think I would rather kick heroin again than have psychosis.

So is there a difference in the withdrawl physically if you iv? Is there signs that you have physical cravings over mental cravings?

Just to throw this out there, but all of you are incorrect. There are physical withdrawals from meth. Has anyone stopped taking any ssri medication cold turkey? If you haven't look up "brain zaps", and if you have then you know what I'm talking about. I've iv'd meth daily for 37 months now. The longest period I've went without in that time is at most 3 days s handful of times and that was only when I couldn't find a box to make a batch. Yes, shake and bake. No it's not garbage. Yes it is the same thing they both are L-methamphetamines. But for whatever reason you one withdrawal symptom are brain zaps, just as someone who stopped taking Prozac cold turkey would have. Next would be the excruciating headache that only goes away with doing more meth. Excedrin, ibuprofen, hydrating, food, sleep, none of if helps.

What meth seems to do is reduce the effect that dopamine will have on you (this is called downregulation), this will take a while of abstinence for your dopamine receptors to upregulate before you feel normal again. Just go through the suffering without using any drugs to soften the withdrawal and you will get through it quicker while learning the proper way that you don't want to go through this again. Pain and suffering is the best teacher, folks.. Often, tapering down before abstinence is better than cold turkey to prevent extreme withdrawal such as seizures.

Does meth deplete dopamine or seratonin levels at all for awhile after meth cessation? I couldnt find any motivation to do anything at all without meth for at least a week to two weeks. I sometimes wondered if my brain had run low on them since they were no longer being jolted constantly with meth.

Great job making the decision to quit this shit, OP, best of luck.
That sounds like psychological addiction to me.

I've stopped maybe 5 days in the past. Not enough for me to get over it but fortunately I find the withdrawal quite pleasant. sleep mostly. wake up eat and fall back to sleep and have weird dreams. I wouldn't be able to do it and hold down a job but as an insomniac I find it quite pleasant just being able to fall asleep anytime. thats assuming the crap I smoke is actually meths.

I agree with yrt i find that withdrawal off meth is a pleasant experience, however i don't necessarily like the effects of stimulants i am more into downers. I have to watch out tho if I do a lot of shit [meth] then i tend to get a little depressed even while high. I am a big fan of mixing with opiates or other downers like benzo.

Expect to be falling in and out of sleep if you have to stay awake,.if.not will sleep two to three days straight. Expect to always be hungry. Getting up in the morning takes so much energy and muscles to do, energy levels period, effects me two weeks . As far as feeling like everything is a huge mission