Mental Health Coming off Invega/Xeplion (paliperidone) injections v 8.0

Can yall share what got you hospitalized and what symptoms you had pre invega? I wonder how many ppl been in shit state already and blame it all on invega.
I never in my entire life had any side-effect that I mentioned on this forum (or anything similar to that), I never even imagined suffering SO EXTREME is EVEN POSSIBLE to be experienced, for those who didn't experience it there are no words to properly describe the unimaginable.

I never in my entire life had any side-effect that I mentioned on this forum (or anything similar to that), I never even imagined suffering SO EXTREME is EVEN POSSIBLE to be experienced, for those who didn't experience it there are no words to properly describe the unimaginable.
Yeah but how you will explain that so many people recovered in shorter time then you yet you still experiencing side effects that long...

Bro are you trolling at this point ?? Lol fuck off and do something useful with your time instead of trolling ILL PEOPLE you weird weird guy
Im weird for giving you spiritual knowledge that will help you accept what happened? Oh alright.

I’m guessing the waves where it comes back is the liver
Pulling it from the fat. Clinical keto is painful because you relapse quicker but if you clear out your detox pathways it is the best way to go

I feel almost like myself emotionally. My musical frission is at 80%. I can't believe my musical anhedonia is almost gone, I'm so grateful. It makes me want to cry. I loved music so much, it looks like some day soon I'll love it just the same.

This music video made me smile and gave me chills even though it's a silly song. I'm going to show it to my niece, she'll love it.

I'm still watching a lot of TV, mostly comedy right now. I watched What We Do in the Shadows and The Orville and I've had a lot of good belly laughs and I'm really enjoying some of these characters. I don't like Seth McFarlane but I'm really glad I gave The Orville a chance. I'm gonna bounce back to emotional drama with Pose, I want to feel that connection to queer historical fiction that I did before.

Last edited:
i dont have any hope i am 13 months nothing has changed i dont think you can recover from this
I saw someone on Reddit who felt very much the same way, but then I checked his history and he took two years to get completely better. I think there are some slow healers out there and you're one of them. There's also people with permanent damage, but I think it's very rare.

Hey guys. I’ve pretty much laid in bed and read EVERY post from EVERY thread.
My last shot was in October. I had two shots. And I’ll never be the same again. My thoughts are different. Everything that made me is now gone. My inner voice is fucked. The brain burn is incredible. This is some pure poison shit. The feelings of guilt are unbearable. The fear for no reason. I know who I was before this and I know who I am now. Chemical lobotomy. Absolutely destroyed
Hey, I got two shots AND motherfucking PSSD. Today is the first day when I can say I'm emotionally and mentally almost there! It's been almost a year. A lot of people don't feel better until 6-9 months later. I thought I would never be myself again, I was even starting to accept it, and I have hope now. My inner voice is very loud today. I have the same style of "talking to myself" thinking I always had. I'm starting to remember random funny and interesting shit I couldn't access. My brain is drawing connections again. The sparks are there.

I also had a little libido and desire this week, but I think it was because I ovulated or something. I still have very little erogenous sensation and clitoral ED. My sexuality is still kinda in the toilet, but it got a little better. The erogenous zone on my thighs flickers on and off, getting stronger all the time.

Stop looking at this place, it only makes you feel worse. Only log in for updates and checking for DMs.

Can yall share what got you hospitalized and what symptoms you had pre invega? I wonder how many ppl been in shit state already and blame it all on invega.
I don't have a psychotic disorder. I was admitted for psychosis from ADHD medication, a single isolated instance of psychosis at 28 years old. I never had emotional blunting, sexual dysfunction, or anhedonia in my life, even when my depression was so bad I wanted to kill myself and I couldn't do anything. I still have symptoms, but I think it's because I took a dose of Prozac that was too high for my weird ADHD/autistic brain. The dose of this antipsychotic was also probably pretty bad for my brain. They shouldn't be giving this to neurodivergent people, especially really emotional autists like myself.

I can drive a car now, something else I never thought I’d be doing again. If I can just get over this awful anxiety/fears about everything death, injury, religion etc. Sometimes my mind blocks it out but it’s hard whilst being bored to death.

This drug has killed everything I liked doing, I haven’t bought anything other than food for the past 5 months. I used to shop on Amazon all the time and buy clothes and stuff. Now nothings fun at all. I get around town just to kill time. I wish it meant something like it used to.

I might try an antidepressant but I know they have their own problems, I’m running out of options at this point.
Don't, they downregulate serotonin receptors, which is something you do not want when you're recovering from something that blocked a bunch of them. I wish someone told me that before I tried Prozac. Busiprone might be better, weed helped me. I got PSSD unexpectedly because I was on an SSRI in the past and didn't experience side effects from it aside from appetite stuff. I thought it would be safe because they prescribe Prozac with Invega sometimes. NOPE, I found lots of people with PSSD who were polydrugged with an SSRI and antipsychotic, or people who were fine with SSRIs until they discovered they also needed a mood stabilizer to use antidepressants. (I think if you were never manic before and you can only use an SSRI with another drug or you'll lose your marbles, you just shouldn't be on SSRIs at all but know-it-all psychiatrists will insist on mood stabilizers and antipsychotics instead of finding another drug)

Did you know palipedrone is probably an irreversible antagonist on some serotonin receptors? I know that sounds scary, but it just means it takes a long time for those blocked up receptors to be recycled and replaced. An SSRI is not going to work the way it should, it could even cause your psychosis to relapse.

Last edited:
Most days my brain is good but lately it's feeling weird in the frontal lobe. Kinda like a headache but it's not a headache. Does anyone else get this and does it go away?
YES, like pressure, right? Like your brain is trying to take a dump? :D I think it's a sign of recovery, although not everyone gets it.

I got that, followed by weird cold zaps that slowly traveled down my forehead over time, it started in January. Now my brain is getting that "hum" back. My anhedonia is lifting right now, I feel more like myself.

I feel like I'll never be normal again, guys. PSSD wrecked me and invega may have impacted my brain's ability to regenerate receptors too, so I'll never recover fully from PSSD. I think the only thing I can hope for is a partial recovery. I'll probably stop posting here next April, I think PSSD is my problem now. The only cognitive issues I have that started with invega is memory problems. I have a complete recovery in motor skills, which was really important to me. I know I said my tremor was gone, but sometimes it comes back but only in my non-dominant hand.

Here I am almost three weeks ago thinking I would never feel the way I'm feeling right now. Which isn't completely normal, but it's like, passable. I would get a C in "feeling like myself" class.

Now I'm gonna disappear again until next month after I check for replies in the next couple of days. Hello to all the unfortunate new faces here. It is likely that you will feel like yourself again some day. Try not to take more antipsychotics if you can. There are some that will work out for you much better than invega if you have to.

I want to smoke weed again because I’m so tired of being depressed from this. The problem is it triggered a month long psychotic episode from smoking too much last year that got me sent to the psych ward.

I was listening to the voices because I thought it was God talking to me, but since I don’t believe in religion anymore and I know what psychosis is I could just ignore any voices I hear and should be fine?

Well im 13 mnth off from 4 sustena and Two trinza. Besides crying, period ,loosing weight, zero improvements. Thank to some member here, and my family on first place, i am Alive, but i think basicly im done. I dont have any more hope left😭

Any easy way to commit suicide?
I don't enjoy anything anymore, I'm bored to death every single day, my energy levels are low, no libido, no appetite, I'm barely sleeping. I desperately want to die. Any advice?
Get off cto please. You have to. It will solve everything. I imagine it must be a nightmare to be on it

Get off cto please. You have to. It will solve everything. I imagine it must be a nightmare to be on it
It is a nightmare.
Even if I get off APs, I won't ever be the same anymore, it damaged my brain beyond repair.
The doctor told me today that they extended my cto by another 6 months, so no getting out of it so easy.