• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega/Xeplion (paliperidone) injections v 8.0

3 Month update:

I just can’t see a way out from this. I wake up with nothing to do everyday. I dread getting out of bed. The energy and motivation to do anything is just not there. I used to always find ways to keep myself busy before all this, now everything is just boring or pointless or both.

I just don’t understand how people can go through seemingly worse things like prison and still come out happy, where you’re stuck in a tiny cage with cellmates and a toilet in the room. If anything should kill your will to live it would be something like that.

On a positive note I can fully enjoy music now. Some fears and anxieties have settled down. It’s very hard not to be pessimistic when the injections and my time in the psych ward are what’s on my mind all day.

All I can hope for now is that I can get my energy back. With that I could try finding work or studying something. That would at least distract my mind somewhat.

I believe the old me is fully gone - I’ll never be that person again.

3 Month update:

I just can’t see a way out from this. I wake up with nothing to do everyday. I dread getting out of bed. The energy and motivation to do anything is just not there. I used to always find ways to keep myself busy before all this, now everything is just boring or pointless or both.

I just don’t understand how people can go through seemingly worse things like prison and still come out happy, where you’re stuck in a tiny cage with cellmates and a toilet in the room. If anything should kill your will to live it would be something like that.

On a positive note I can fully enjoy music now. Some fears and anxieties have settled down. It’s very hard not to be pessimistic when the injections and my time in the psych ward are what’s on my mind all day.

All I can hope for now is that I can get my energy back. With that I could try finding work or studying something. That would at least distract my mind somewhat.

I thought the old me was gone too but now I feel like I'm slowly floating up to the surface. I got injected with the loading doses AND got PSSD. I'm starting to be that old caring, passionate creative person I once was.

It's really good that you can enjoy music fully so soon. I still can't, but every time I listen to music I notice my musical anhedonia has decreased.

I hope the next thread contains more links to recovery stories. There needs to be a big disclaimer at the beginning stating that most people recover from these injections and they recover from being overmedicated in general. I talked to lots of people first hand and I got secondhand stuff from my therapists and friends. So many more people recover from antipsychotics than not. It also should be known that it takes 1 or sometimes 2 years to make a recovery from this shit.

I thought the old me was gone too but now I feel like I'm slowly floating up to the surface. I got injected with the loading doses AND got PSSD. I'm starting to be that old caring, passionate creative person I once was.

It's really good that you can enjoy music fully so soon. I still can't, but every time I listen to music I notice my musical anhedonia has decreased.

I hope the next thread contains more links to recovery stories. There needs to be a big disclaimer at the beginning stating that most people recover from these injections and they recover from being overmedicated in general. I talked to lots of people first hand and I got secondhand stuff from my therapists and friends. So many more people recover from antipsychotics than not. It also should be known that it takes 1 or sometimes 2 years to make a recovery from this shit.
Yup most recover. That's why reading these tragic stories might be bad for us. Read only recovery ones

Yup most recover. That's why reading these tragic stories might be bad for us. Read only recovery ones
We should read realistic stories, so recovery and not recovery stories.

Reading only recovery stories made me think I was going to heal and that never happened.

Last edited:
You are still taking clozapine? You have to be off neuroleptics to recover from neuroleptics.
Yes, I am still on 200mg of Clozapine. But I know a guy who recovered from Paliperidone while still being on Abilify shots. I hope they reduce me Clozapine this week but I am scared of not sleeping anymore because that was the biggest Paliperidona damage in my case and the reason I am not off meds.

Yes, I am still on 200mg of Clozapine. But I know a guy who recovered from Paliperidone while still being on Abilify shots. I hope they reduce me Clozapine this week but I am scared of not sleeping anymore because that was the biggest Paliperidona damage in my case and the reason I am not off meds.
Whats his name

I’ve been reading a lot of Reddit posts and some people are saying they had anhedonia without taking any medications. A lot still blame it on post psychosis depression. Maybe they’re pharmaceutical shills trying to save the industry. I don’t know what to think anymore.

Scared that the brain burn has increased but not sure if I'm only imagining that because of other uncomfortable symptoms. We will see.
Same here, I was doing OK for a little while. Now brain is acting up again. Hopefully it doesn't t last to long.

I can’t engage in leisure or daily activities. I’m like a vegetable. 😞 will time heal or will I be this way forever.

3 Month update:

I can’t enjoy anything. Literally. Walking? No. Music? No. Video games? No. Reading? No. My brain doesn’t have the capacity to stay engaged /find pleasure or relief in anything. I just sit in bed and vegetate uncomfortably because I’m unable to do anything. I am beyond hopeless. Someone help! What do I do?

I can’t enjoy anything. Literally. Walking? No. Music? No. Video games? No. Reading? No. My brain doesn’t have the capacity to stay engaged /find pleasure or relief in anything. I just sit in bed and vegetate uncomfortably because I’m unable to do anything. I am beyond hopeless. Someone help! What do I do?
Did you do any drugs before the injections?

This horribleness caused by Invega is now seeping into my relationships and making me house-bound and not wanting to talk to anyone.

I plan to cut out all members of my family /friends who I can because they don’t understand the fucking hell that I go through every day.

I probably wouldn't have PSSD if I didn't get so scared and try to fix things forcefully. Recovery from that is deeply uncertain, but I'm doing well for someone 7 months out in that.

Guys im off seroquel for 15 days now. Its been 10 months since last invega injection. Im still anhedonic and ive been taking seroquel for the past 9months. How long untill recovery? Pls help