• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega/Xeplion (paliperidone) injections v 8.0

Senior Moderator

Bluelight Bot
Staff member
As is standard procedure, after ~250 pages the previous Invega thread (v 7.0) has been closed and discussion will be continued here.

This thread is for anyone currently prescribed, coming off, recovering, or completely healed from taking paliperidone (Invega, Xeplion) injections. The thread is for venting, sharing experiences, general advice, and providing support for people having received Invega injections and recovering from Invega injections.

Please be respectful and keep the discussion on topic. The moderating team reserves the right to edit/delete ANY off-topic or insensitive posts. As always, Bluelight is first and foremost a Harm Reduction site so while it is okay to disagree or question someone's opinion, it is not okay to insult, criticise, give harmful advice or make potentially dangerous recommendations. This includes suggesting or encouraging the use of illicit drugs to "speed up" the recovery process. Any posts of this nature will be deleted.

Please follow the guidelines of the Bluelight User Agreement (BLUA) as well as the Posting Rules of The Dark Side at all times when posting in this thread.

If you have any concerns or questions about any posts in this thread please either use the Report button at the bottom left corner of the offending post(s) and the staff will look in to it, and/or inbox one of the moderators or senior moderators. Thank you.

Previous versions of this thread:

@Maymay169 here is your post from the previous thread:

Im on rexulti which I switched to as a substitute for invega… does anyone know this drug or been on it? I’m worried it’s just giving me the same symptoms as invega but can’t tell
I don't know much about Rexulti but I just read up on it. It does have a lot of similar potential side effects as Invega. How long have you been on it now?

The chance of full recovery decreases with so many versions of this thread

Over 8 months since my last injection , no improvements whatsoever , still suffer from severe anhedonia , no emotions , severe alogia , blank mind , can’t feel substances , no libido , no interest in anything at all (just feel dead inside ) insomnia , life is a living hell … don’t think im going to recover tbh , won’t be living a lifetime of this torture , my only way out looks like suicide at this point.

Lion's mane made my genitals go numb again. I really wish someone gave me a link to stuff about lion's mane side effects. I would have never taken it if I had known it was a possibility. I really, really hope it gets better. There's some signs that it is getting better already, but I hate that I've been set back like this. It's hard to live with the uncertainty. I think invega took my curiosity away from me, so I didn't do much research, and I thought people were just being silly about ~oohh brain mushrooms~. I should have listened to the people who said it was a bad idea, but they didn't directly tell me why.

It suddenly made my anxiety and insomnia worse and I had no idea it was the lion's mane so I just kept taking it!

I had just started to feel pleasure again before I suddenly went numb. I can still have weak orgasms and I have some sensation. Still sensitive to pain.

Feel free to laugh at me. Do not try lion's mane if you have an autoimmune disease or recent bad reaction to an SSRI. Also do not take antihistamines after. I will serve as a warning, I guess.

I lost my emotions again too. I was having a smooth recovery. I'm sorry to anyone I gave hope to and I'm sorry to myself the most.

Edit: It was actually PSSD. I don't think the lion's mane helped. It's been two and a half months since onset and the PSSD could be worse. I hope I can recover from this too.

Last edited:
Is healing even possible after the 1 year mark? Do we just wake up one day and feel like ourselves out of nowhere or is it gradual?

I’m hoping I’ll recover during this version of 8.0
I’m sure you’re a late bloomer and will feel a sudden improvement any day now. I truly believe it’s about our biological differences as humans and that recovery is ineviatable.

Is healing even possible after the 1 year mark? Do we just wake up one day and feel like ourselves out of nowhere or is it gradual?
Some people heal even after the one year mark. It’s so messed up how we all differ there really isn’t one universal timeline

The only thing i care about is the anhedonia, I just wish it would go away. Life with anhedonia is not worth living. I wish there was a pill that would cure us from this.

Last edited:
@Maymay169 here is your post from the previous thread:

I don't know much about Rexulti but I just read up on it. It does have a lot of similar potential side effects as Invega. How long have you been on it now?
For about a month just over that… I started it 2 weeks after my last invega shot

Anhedonia is the worst thing a person can go through because it just destroys your quality of life. It makes nothing feel good anymore. Sleeping, sitting, getting wind on your body, showering, just existing becomes painful. How i miss sleeping for 12h and having a bunch of fun and complex dreams and then wake up feeling cozy, now i just don't feel cozy anymore. I keep having daydreams about dying and reincarnating as another person that didn't take antipsychotics. The fact that someone could create a drug that sucks all the joy from our lives like this is scary as fuck, even more so that science isn't working hard to come up with something that reverses the effects of this thing. I'm afraid i'm suicidal 24/7 and to add insult to injury, an ignorant psychiatrist would just say i'm "depressed" and would recommend antidepressants, as if that would solve anything! These people are completely ignorant about the neuro/biological nature of our struggle. This is a humongous amount of suffering that we carry around and no one can help us, it's scary as shit.

Last edited:
It’s actually disgusting how I feel nothing inside

This nothingness is unbearable. Has anyone been this low and come back from it? Where you feel like your insides have been scraped clean and you’ve been chemically raped? There is no pleasure, no feelings, no thoughts just emptiness…. I can’t imagine coming back from this

This nothingness is unbearable. Has anyone been this low and come back from it? Where you feel like your insides have been scraped clean and you’ve been chemically raped? There is no pleasure, no feelings, no thoughts just emptiness…. I can’t imagine coming back from this
How long you been off