Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Empty1128: Neuroleptique33 asked you how many months and how many injections you had.

To the room
Day 197

I ran again. I ran 7 times in 9 days and I have noticed good improvements due to these efforts.
Don't give up

Best regards

@ Empty1128

Of course we're trying all sorts of sh*t. ^^

Sometimes I even think I'm cursed or something.

As desperate as we are.

Actually completely healthy guys have been before, no serious illnesses like that: Cancer, parkinson's, multiple sclerosis.

And then comes some "healing" medication (prescribed a thousand times a year to many people),
which brings a completely healthy brain into the condition of a dementia sufferer.

I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad. (actually rather inside dead + dry, I can't even cry).

I just got curious when I read something with "Trihexyphenidyl" (because it's supposed to open potassium channel or so in contrast to normal dopamine agonists who don't).

I will read a little about "Bromocriptine" at Wikipedia.

Last edited:
This stupid invega stops the secretion of dopamine and serotonin completly and changes gene transcriptionWhich means as its long lasting its changing the dna structure or neurons in brain
Where did you read this? Of this has happened, it cannot ever be ok, what do you mean?

Olanzapine induced DNA methylation changes support the dopamine hypothesis of psychosis
Melkaye G Melka, Christina A Castellani, Benjamin I Laufer, N Rajakumar, Richard O’Reilly and Shiva M SinghEmail author
Journal of Molecular Psychiatry20131:19
https://doi.org/10.1186/2049-9256-1-19? Melka et al.; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2013
Received: 6 September 2013Accepted: 16 October 2013Published: 4 November 2013
Abstract
Background
The dopamine (DA) hypothesis of schizophrenia proposes the mental illness is caused by excessive transmission of dopamine in selected brain regions. Multiple lines of evidence, including blockage of dopamine receptors by antipsychotic drugs that are used to treat schizophrenia, support the hypothesis. However, the dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) blockade cannot explain some important aspects of the therapeutic effect of antipsychotic drugs. In this study, we hypothesized that antipsychotic drugs could affect the transcription of genes in the DA pathway by altering their epigenetic profile.

Methods
To test this hypothesis, we examined the effect of olanzapine, a commonly used atypical antipsychotic drug, on the DNA methylation status of genes from DA neurotransmission in the brain and liver of rats. Genomic DNA isolated from hippocampus, cerebellum, and liver of olanzapine treated (n = 2) and control (n = 2) rats were analyzed using rat specific methylation arrays.

Results
Our results show that olanzapine causes methylation changes in genes encoding for DA receptors (dopamine D1 receptor, dopamine D2 receptor and dopamine D5 receptor), a DA transporter (solute carrier family 18 member 2), a DA synthesis (differential display clone 8), and a DA metabolism (catechol-O-methyltransferase). We assessed a total of 40 genes in the DA pathway and found 19 to be differentially methylated between olanzapine treated and control rats. Most (17/19) genes showed an increase in methylation, in their promoter regions with in silico analysis strongly indicating a functional potential to suppress transcription in the brain.

Conclusion
Our results suggest that chronic olanzapine may reduce DA activity by altering gene methylation. It may also explain the delayed therapeutic effect of antipsychotics, which occurs despite rapid dopamine blockade. Furthermore, given the common nature of epigenetic variation, this lends insight into the differential therapeutic response of psychotic patients who display adequate blockage of dopamine receptors

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paliperidone
Paliperidone
Paliperidone, sold under the trade name Invega among others, is a dopamine antagonist and 5-HT2A antagonist of the atypical antipsychotic class of medications. It is marketed by Janssen Pharmaceutica. Invega is an extended release formulation of paliperidone that uses the OROS extended release system to allow for once-daily dosing. Paliperidone is mainly used to treat schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder. It is also used to treat mania and at lower doses as maintenance for bipolar disorder

we do not talk about psychiatry and medications here in a manner that is bashing on them. those here have a very special receptor disabled that makes having hope very difficult, if you have taken the medication and suffered Sharvansara then you would know this and be able to relate more than anyone.

we talk about psychiatry and psych meds in general from time to time to build the learning process, pass along accurate info, vent in healthy ways and to pass the time.

please refer to other websites who are reserved for such conversations or the thread in the Mental Health forum here where your more than welcome to discuss such things within the BLUA's, MH guidelines and that threads specific guidelines. http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...rot-out-your-medications-bias-and-lemme-at-it

that being said i have taken all 3 of the drugs listed in the first two links and i am fine (and for the record, i took 150-180 mgs of zyprexa every day for a year, first year was 70+ mgs building up to that dose, my receptors are just fine as well), i even beat invega; yet i understand the plight others have with their meds and individual experiences. i will read the third link later (i'm pretty sure of the contents of it and you need to remember that science is not an exact science because it is still young and doesn't know everything yet. matter of fact the arrogance science has in today's world is so appalling i can barely contain my disgust yet still i keep an open mind and work at seeing the truth). i'm am not for or against psychiatry but whatever works for those who have symptoms that trouble them. sometimes it is meds that work, sometimes it's just talking things out with a therapist, sometimes it's religion. the options are many and it's whatever works.

thank you for sharing the links but please keep the discussion related to invega/xeplion so that those here can finish healing with as lil trouble as possible and they can find solace here as they always have. the support structure they have here is one of the most vital resources they have in all of the world at their disposal.

i am most thankful you are fully healed and i appreciate your enthusiasm to help share the info and spread the word to those who suffer. it goes without saying that those who have come before us and fully healed sometimes check back in and relate what we can while spreading some hope before going back to our way of life without invega/xeplion anymore. i'm a negative exception when it came to the poison, i am an exception in life in general. i'm a only here until the end of december, i will no longer be able to afford the internet because i could not work while on the poison and save up money to live on during the period of the symptom of my condition happening. i got screwed by the poison in more ways than all but a very, very few will understand. i will check in from time to time when i'm around other people who have internet and as long as this laptop holds out.

for now all i do is act as a buffer between mods and admins and those in this thread while supporting both. unless you have taken the poison you don't know what it's like and i'm doing the best i can to help both sides of the table so that all the members can keep this site running and those in this thread can find relief, support, the correct info and hopefully the antidote.

if you feel you can share more relevant info then please do but keep other topics not related to invega/xeplion to their appropriate threads, forums or websites. remember this is a harm reduction site first and foremost. we try to respect that as our way of showing appreciation so we can continue to have this place to work with towards healing and getting back on with our lives.

Last edited:
thanks @invegauser for your work here. I think the last days this thread has been pretty much spammed. It kinda seems like it has become a thread where people experiment with all kinds of drugs and chemicals. @invegauser Do you feel intense emotions again?

@invegauser : how is your sex now? Are u fully recovered?
@Zack : day 198! How is your energy now? And sex drive?
In this day I'm a little bit better but zero sex drive, less depressed and less suicidal, probably I try cabergoline next week, I'm not sure but probably

@Invegasucksx: did not realize i misspelled your name as well, i fixed that. not sure if you were talking to me or zack365 with your last post but i'm doing good thank you, still fully healed. no anhedonia or libido problems is great, the two shots were most likely the starter dose. they are 234mg followed a week later by 156mg here in the states. scared is perfectly natural. anyone who has taken the poison and suffers from it is scared, it's because you've never taken a substance like invega before, it's a whole new experience. plus the side effects/withdrawal symptoms are heavy hitters and last for a long time on top of the hope being temporarily removed. in time you will heal like everyone else has. it's hard but i believe you can get through this. the delusions come back when you are close to or are fully healed. everyone is different and some have welcomed them back over the suffering the poison causes. not sure which fluorides you are referring to but i will link two site that do mention it at the end of this post. i hope this helps.

@Yeshuah: don't worry about the third eye and fluoride. it goes back to normal once you are healed. the numb feeling in your groin gets better too. it just takes what seems like forever but when it comes back, please don't get every woman on the face of the planet pregnant because you are so excited. yes, very intense. yesterday i lit up worse than a christmas tree when i was feeling better after being sick for a few days. it was almost like the first window all over again. haha. and your welcome. don't worry, things change, it's one of the only constants in this life. things will sort themselves out soon enough. remember to focus on your healing first. the thread comes second and everything else in the world comes third. your doing good Yeshuah, keep it up.

@Nvegasux: nice posts with letting people know where they can read and do more about what's being done to everyone.

@Rosi71: very hard to describe what atrophy is. i've only experienced it one other time in my life and that was mostly physically. here is one definition that seems to be accurate: "gradually decline in effectiveness or vigor due to underuse or neglect." it's not like lethargy where it's a crushing or overwhelming feeling. it's more like fatigue like when you push your muscles too hard and they feel weak that way. except i feel it in body, mind, heart and soul. the thoughts start up and can get tired out easily but luckily we use our brain a lot during the day so it's natural work out. the emotions begin like normal as always but then they run out of gas too, instead of going into bad emotions they just go blunt for a lil while before going back to good again.

the soul is a lil more complicated, it's a weary you slag off by earning it. you can't give in, you make all choices like you use to. it's about %50 or less like i told zack365 and getting better everyday. matter of fact i had walking pneumonia and my body seems to have fought it off so far in two days and still resisting it becoming an chest infection. very good thing unlike while still suffering from poison where i would have had it for a week then another week or two of chest infection guaranteed.

it's a very good thing you can listen to music and feel happy. when you first started posting here you could not be that way. i'm happy for you.

@Healed: well said. thanks for sharing some more useful resources on top of what Nvegasux has contributed.

@germanbackyard: your welcome, no worries. there is also a member who posts in the mental health forum by the handle jammin83. sorry i forgot one. and by the way, good reminder to the thread with your post cause the doing is in the trying. even if it's not the antidote just finding something that helps ease the suffering or make this healing process quicker is way better than what everyone experiences now. the antidote would be nice though.

@Neuroleptuique33: (Je vais demander a zack365 de traduire cela afin que je ne le gache pas.) i'm doing pretty darn good thank you. good feedback on what you told I_Want_To_Recover. wells said to Rosi71 as well. your just full of hope aren't you?! thank you.

the no thoughts and emotions are the zombie phase, it lasts about 8 months and then you hit your first window and it's way better than anything else you have ever experienced. after that windows and waves start happening. windows aren't as good as the first one but are better than suffering, waves are like suffering but not as bad. they keep switching back and forth until one day you wake up and are fully healed. you will get there soon and leave this all behind you like some bad nightmare.

you don't want to kill yourself, only escape what your going through. it's understandable, we all go through it and it wont last forever, i promise.

@I_Want_To_Recover: speaking of the first window i think you just hit yours. your about 9 or 10 months off so this should be your first one. i think what you and i talked about a couple months ago was that you went through a tiny one, kinda like catching your breath. this is one reason we say we all heal differently. anyway this is a good sign. congratulations on your first window. like zack365 said, it's got it's ups and downs, there is no "supposed to be this way" in the healing process cause nothing is written in stone. we kinda go through it and figure it out on an individual level as we go along. you had everything else but sexual problems go away for one full day, that's a huge win. don't worry about the sexual problems, those will sync up with the rest of the healing progress in time. your not the first one to experience the window but having something else slightly different. those who have as well also fully healed and you will too.

@Empty1128: hook me up with some of that Lourdes water. maybe we could get it from zack365 and Neuroleptique33 with a xeplion discount?! XD (@mods/admins, i'm just kidding and not sourcing. it's holy water from france, not drugs)

@SkavrsXeplion: sorry my friend, we cannot tell you what to try. only our experiences. i will ask that you stay away from invega/xeplion, zyprexa/olanzapine, abilify/aripiprazole, haldol/haloperidol and risperdal/risperidone as these are the psych meds that people suffer the worse from if they are unlucky enough to have negative interactions from it. i'm sorry this has been done to you, focusing on your healing comes first and you will in time fully heal, promise. if you want to do it via meds that's an option. please read the mental health forum for some people's experiences on what works and doesn't. best of luck. and no, they are not fully despondent. they are temporarily shut down, they need something to wake them up.

sex is all back to normal. i try not to have a lot of it in the last couple months. it's easier to control the impulse too. all sexual side effects/withdrawal symptoms have gone away. it's just like you remember it. you'll get there soon enough.

@awesome31311: welcome to the thread, i'm glad you found your way over here. what you are experiencing is called andhedonia - a loss of emotion or emotional numbness. lethargy, void of thinking, loss of hope and a few other things we have practical names for but also there are medical and scientific fancy names for. like zack365 is saying, give it time. there is no guarantee when it comes to the poison so please take it one day at a time and make choices that support your healing process in a good direction. remember your healing comes first above all else right now. hang in there.

@zack365: would you please translate my post to Neuroleptique33 so i don't screw it up, if you don't mind that is.

wow! progress, progress, progress. plus your an inspiration and a big help to people here, looking up to you. very nice and i'm happy for you. any day now. your full recovery post is next.

links: https://www.caymanchem.com/msdss/15556m.pdf

http://datasheets.scbt.com/sds/eghs/en/sc-478257.pdf

https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs+hsdb:@term+@DOCNO+8148

Last edited:
But Pacitane could maybe really change something, nbryx also told me that it helped him much. But for me I am not sure, If it is possible.

@Sharvansara: i don't know where to start with how incomplete they are with the rats experiments. they always go back to rats like it's some golden egg that defines everything. it's not strictly confined to what behaviors are. human beings have the ability to make choices and unlike rats do not live on impulse alone. plus i don't need a rat to tell me that animals of any kind will choose drugs over food, i've seen tweakers do some "despicable" things and i have a tweakers personality. that means i am more susceptible to using stimulants than others are but i do not display the same behavior as they do or do most of the same things they do. as a matter of fact i never displayed the actual behavior of tweaking (regardless of which stims i did, if any in combination, how much of each one and how often i did them) until i took invega, i will admit i went manic as it's part and parcel of using stims but never tweaked before the poison.

it's a predisposition i have (we all have a predisposition to one drug or another imho), i am also more inclined to use marijuana as well. i stay as far away from stims as i can and when i do use drugs i mostly stick to smoking marijuana. i try to stay away from all drugs as much as possible, i even quit all drugs right before the poison entered my life but was unable to resist using for a period of time while on invega and shortly after while healing even though i fully did not want to use. how does this article explain that in your words?

the pathways they speak of are not fully idealized yet. they say that "The mesolimbic and mesocortical pathways, two of the brain's major dopaminergic pathways, have been implicated as key circuits that are disrupted in addictive behaviors". no, no science, bad science. don't do that science. they say disrupted but that is not essentially true, what takes place first is the response by the brain and then what i call the mind kicking in. the mind then makes the decision to give in to the impulse or not, the decision then affects what happens next and can prove that statement true.

did you notice you can click on links and read more of the chapters, both previous and next like this gem?

Following the recent development of a framework of large scale network disruptions, we have been able to arrive at unique insights into craving-related aspects of addiction using rsFC. However, such network-level advancement has thus far eluded our understanding of mesocorticolimbic involvement in addiction.

i will admit this is a very nice read and very informative. it should not be taken as gospel however. just because we can pump a fluid into a person, put them in a tube and see lights going off in their brain does not mean that we know everything about how the human brain works... yet!

science cannot yet define let a lone understand how the brain and body link up. let a lone how the heart and soul exist and how all four components of a human being eixst sepreately and function together. (they still think all emotions are isolated purely to the brain. if it was only that simple. they don't even know how to begin to describe the difference between emotions and feelings either.)

i will reiterate what i said earlier here. science is not a complete exact science because it is still so young. the church made it fit to hold it back in it's early stages. it wasn't until 100 years ago there was a major step in how mental illness was treated and the human dna wasn't mapped out until around that same time.

please refrain from stating that invega/xeplion is changing our DNA, it is not yet proven. those of us who have had that theory in the past have discussed it privately as to keep most people from being scared and having more difficulties than they are already over burdened with; especially considering no one can prove it.

that link is still a good one for anyone who is not familiar with how certain parts of the brain work, pretty comprehensive. thank you for sharing.

i would like to leave you with a quote

"science should never lose sight of morality"

Last edited:
@Rosi71: if you want to try Pacitane then you are free to do so. please look it up and read info on it and talk with psychiatrist before you take it.

if you do take it will you please let us know how it goes?

Thanks a lot @invegauser for always giving me so much hope. Another concern of me is the knowledge I had.. Will all of the lessons in life and my spiritual wisdom be gone? Do I have to relearn everything?

not cool Sharvansara. please try to contain and direct your emotions in a healthy way. if need be then just walk away from the thread and take a breather. we've all done it at one time or another.

i was not contesting you, i was simply engaging you in matters that pertain to this thread.

if you read my posts i have not only supported your idea but also kept to the rules of this thread.

please try to be mindful of others here. they are still suffering even though you are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.