Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ultimate: lol at "Indian nurse" warning

@Decisive: thanks for returning and giving hope to us, best wishes to you in your life well done for surviving this nightmare and thanks for sharing your story

@willowblosom: great to hear your progress and the smoothies sound so healthy well done

@room: I tried Syrian rue tea yesterday, deffo soothes the anxiety and gives a warm buzz, cost 5 quid for 50g on eBay, 2g is one serving, if combined with 5g tea of mimosa root bark, you will have a mild psychedelic trip

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I`m new here. I`m on Trevicta injection and i want to quit. I have taken Xeplion(Invega injection in Europe) for 2 years and Trevicta for the last 6 months (once every 3 months). I had my injection a week ago so i still have a good 3 months ahead. I`ve been looking around on this thread and i wanna know what to expect and how to prepare myself, how long is it gonna take ? Btw im doing it cold turkey. Thank you in advance.

@Specified: give her a shot. let us know.

@Steph78: because of the poison or in general?

Pretty sure it's the shot. Its effected every part of my life. I don't sleep right. I don't get a full or satisfied feeling when I eat. I have zero motivation. Zero interest in doing anything, the boredom is endless. Life just all around sucks right now. Only good part is, I haven't had a menstrual cycle still. Nice little break from that headache. Lol

@steph78 how long have you been off the shot and still not had your cycle? Just curious. Been going through the same thing. Except I want my cycle back! Lol

@efemer I went off the shot cold turkey and was told by my doctor that I didn?t need to taper because it?s a long acting injectable. It?s not like an opiate withdrawal, it?s more like you just don?t have the energy to do things, your not motivated, you don?t get excited about the things you use to show interest over that kind of stuff. It?s a rough go, but there are some good things I have experienced and it makes me believe that I will in fact one day be completely free of this stuff. I have been off the injection ( sustenna ) for 7 months. I?m still dealing with the side effects but they are starting to be a little more manageable. The physical stuff I?m still dealing with, mentally I feel I?m doing better most days.

Last edited:
@efemer I went off the shot cold turkey and was told by my doctor that I didn?t need to taper because it?s a long acting injectable. It?s not like an opiate withdrawal, it?s more like you just don?t have the energy to do things, your not motivated, you don?t get excited about the things you use to show interest over that kind of stuff. It?s a rough go, but there are some good things I have experienced and it makes me believe that I will in fact one day be completely free of this stuff. I have been off the injection ( sustenna ) for 7 months. I?m still dealing with the side effects but they are starting to be a little more manageable. The physical stuff I?m still dealing with, mentally I feel I?m doing better most days.

Thanks for letting me know i was really worried about the whitdraw symptoms .

@steph78 how long have you been off the shot and still not had your cycle? Just curious. Been going through the same thing. Except I want my cycle back! Lol

I've only been off the shot 5 months. I feel like I have a long way to go. ?

What's a good excuse for them to stop giving me the shot? Eg feeling restless all the time?

My soul feels caged, I'm sometimes screaming and writhing in pain internally yet on the outside I'm expressionless, I can't take too many more days of laying in bed with a destroyed mind

Last edited:
@Efemer: hi. welcome to the thread. sorry this happened to you. we don't have a lot of people coming here with trevicta/trinza in them but it's the same thing and we are here for you. we'll work this one step at a time and do the best we can to help. seems you familiarized yourself with some of the posts. we have v.1 and v.2 threads so lots of info.

you got a story? what got you put on xeplion? what's your dosages for xeplion and trevicta? what are your negative side effects and withdrawal symptoms? got a diagnosis? that's a lot of questions so don't worry, if you don't want to answer any or all of these you don't have to but dosages and what your going through might help.

I was first in the hospital in 2013 with a diagnosis of psychosis. I had a hard time. I was put on Solian 600mg took it for 8 months and after that i got agressive behaviour and i stopped. Ended up with anhedonia. The doctor changed my diagnosis to schizo affective disorder but it was actually anhedonia this was in the beginning of 2014. He put me on Rispolept for 3 months i felt terrible and lost most of my humanity. After that i started solian again until the autuum of 2014. In 2015 i was med free but i was having all kind of side effects so i decided in autumn to give medication another chance. In september 2015 i was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.I took Xeplion 100mg from september 2015 to october 2017 and since october 2017 till now i`m on trevicta 350mg. I`m not feeling really bad on it except i don`t enjoy anything i do i, time flies by, i`m feeling restless and i don`t like anything. At the end of 3 moths i see a shift and i feel much better and peaceful. I did the injection 5 of april for the last time to see how i will feel. Thing is without medication my life gets a little crazier but i think i can handle it, i have no hope anymore in medication and i want my old self back, when i started all this i didn`t knew this things can dehumanize you so bad. Atm im feeling restless. I will post updates , anyways the journey will start on 5th of july when the 3 months are over. Last time i spoke with my doctor i told him to change my diagnosis so i can get a job, and he replied "does it even matter what diagnosis you have?" think he put me on this diagnosis so i can get the injection cause in our country it can get administered only to schizofrenics.

@invegauser thanks for the support I'm sorry to post such apathetic stuff thanks for your understanding compassion and time, you say some profound things on this issue, hope we all get well soon

Last edited:
@nybryx: your welcome. no worries boss. it's what this thread is here for. no need to apologize, this shit sucks to go through and it's the poison making you this way. we all know this isn't the real you. keep at it and you will heal. heal quickly brother.

@Specified: give it a shot. for some yes, for the rest no. average is around 9-12 months you can feel the effects of drugs and alcohol again. everyone is different.

I can feel it a bit but not what i should be had benzo too

@nybryx sorry I didn?t chime in sooner. Wanted to tell you to stay in the fight. I was feeling suicidal myself for a little bit there but I did feel better after a few days like @invegauser has said. Some days are just harder than others, the hard days are the days I seem to be most grateful when I have a good day. Hang in there. Please don?t do anything harmful to yourself. Be strong. We will get through this together!

I wanted to report some good news! I have finally started my period! I have been off the shot for 7 months and have been taking cabergoline to lower my prolactin level so I would stop leaking breast milk and start my period. I am still excreting breast milk but I did in fact start my menstruel cycle today which tells me that The cabergoline ( dopamine agonist ) IS effective. I have only been taking the cab for a little over two weeks. It may take a little bit longer for the galactorhea to stop.

The cabergoline works to fight against the dopamine antagonism caused by the injection. This goes to show that the dopamine agonist ( cabergoline ) does in fact “overpower” the receptor blocking by the injection. I had been worried that the sustenna was too strong for the cab to work, but it has in fact done it’s job. In a little. Over two weeks. Will keep you updated on the galactorhea. Hopefully that stops here very soon!!! Happy!!!

@specified I have got drunk off wine about 5 months after my last injection. It did take the WHOLE bottle but I did feel drunk. I noticed it took quiet a bit more than normal to make me feel drunk but I did get there. Will probably try having a drink again here soon some time to see if the amount needed has changed since having a few more months under my belt.

Last edited:
@willowblosom wow congrats on getting your period back what a relief, so happy for you :) good stuff with the cabergoline, if only we could get that in UK and not poison. Thanks for the support i appreciate it a lot i am trying to hold myself together, good news is i had my first sleep that brought pleasure not the cottonheaded nasty sensation i normally have on waking

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.