Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!
I'm new here but I've read v1 & v2 of this forum.
I just wanted to tell you about my experience with invega. Back in October I was hospitalized at a psych ward for phycosis. While I was there they had me on risperdome tablets for two weeks than switched me to invega injection. I got 234 mg. I had severe adverse reactions to this med. I have restlessness, severe adehonia, depersonalization, blank mind & more. I'm still dealing with this 6 months later. Every day is aa living hell because of these side effects. I just wanted to know does it get better or is this permant?
I've read a few success stories of recovery & others who never recovered years later. I just really hope this isn't permant and one day I can fully recover and go back to my old self. It's just at this point it feels impossible.

It's not permanent friend. You will have all the feelings and pleasures back in time.

I'm like missing my drive to stay consistent with working out and stuff.

When I'm alone I feel unspeakably sad.

I have to be on Facebook or need some type of stimulation all the time.

I'm pretty sure I'm depressed.

I wanted to report some good news! I have finally started my period! I have been off the shot for 7 months and have been taking cabergoline to lower my prolactin level so I would stop leaking breast milk and start my period. I am still excreting breast milk but I did in fact start my menstruel cycle today which tells me that The cabergoline ( dopamine agonist ) IS effective. I have only been taking the cab for a little over two weeks. It may take a little bit longer for the galactorhea to stop.

The cabergoline works to fight against the dopamine antagonism caused by the injection. This goes to show that the dopamine agonist ( cabergoline ) does in fact “overpower” the receptor blocking by the injection. I had been worried that the sustenna was too strong for the cab to work, but it has in fact done it’s job. In a little. Over two weeks. Will keep you updated on the galactorhea. Hopefully that stops here very soon!!! Happy!!!

@specified I have got drunk off wine about 5 months after my last injection. It did take the WHOLE bottle but I did feel drunk. I noticed it took quiet a bit more than normal to make me feel drunk but I did get there. Will probably try having a drink again here soon some time to see if the amount needed has changed since having a few more months under my belt.

How long were you on the posoin for and what dose?

@invegauser good for you! That’s pretty much the best thing you can do is just push through it. I know what you mean about getting a shower, it’s a chore when your feeling down! But it always does make ya feel better.

@nybryx I agree. Those statistics are horrible. This crap is horrible. It almost feels like they could really give two shits about those with schitzophrenia/schitzoeffective. As if they are just dispensable. It’s madness. I know.

@specified I took 10 injections of the poison. At high doses! The initial 234mg then two weeka later the 156mg, Then 6 more doses of the 156mg, then two of the 234mg at the end before I said ENOUGH! The dr tried to keep me on it too and I flat out told him it is destroying my body. I got a new psychiatrist and he changed my diagnosis and I am now not taking meds for bipolar. I am only taking Wellbutrin and cabergoline.
I have been juicing ( just now back on it since having the flu ) to detox and taking cabergoline to lower my prolactin. It must be working because I am now having a normal menstrual cycle ( started yesterday ) and my boobs seem to be drying up. Still waiting on that to be 100%. This is the most progress I have made physically though since being on that garbage. I have been off of it for 7 months.

@Specified: water or saline. hahaha.

it's called a placebo.

this might be relevant, idk, never took most of these injections. only the poison. do your homework: side effects/withdrawal symptoms, person experiences and stories from actual people and on a personal note stick to the pills/tabs. it seems to be mostly injections that are causing long term problems. the four big ones are injections anyway.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information...hotics/comparing-antipsychotics/#.WtbbKzMh3RY

and as always wikipedia should be used as a reference, not a credible source of accurate information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injection_(medicine)

hope this helps.

I found that mind.org in a search for shortest half life antipsychotic depot. The only one listed was discontinued on the market for some reason.

I cant stick to the pills im forced injections cos they dont trust ill take the pills

@Specified: research the 3 shortest ones (obviously that first one isn't an option anymore) and go from there.

ya, they say it's to help people not have to bother taking pills everyday but most of the time it's bullshit. i get some people have a hard time remembering (and that's a good way for them) or really don't want to but i also understand some have good reason because they are not getting listened to or it's not working. all you can do is make a terrible situation into a bad one so you can turn that into a good one. sorry your options are limited but you do still have options. it's a drag but do the best you can.
I remember my own struggle of moving from injection onto pills was quite a wait. It took months of convincing my doctor to make the switch.

It may take a lot to convince them. It'll be well worth it though.

Has anyone had satisfying deep sleep since coming off the poison?

I currently wake up after 4 hours and then I'm up for at least 2 hours then back to sleep for 3 hours and each time I wake up i feel a desperate craving for the soothing feeling associated with sleep and totally dissatisfied and unrefreshed, I'm 12 weeks since taking 2 shots, thanks guys

@nybryx I have struggled a lot with sleep myself. This sounds bad, but I have had to alternate between l tryptophan, unisom, Ativan, benedryl and melatonin. I literally cannot sleep if I don’t have a sleep aid. Alternating is the only way I’m able to keep them working. The sleep has been aweful on and off the injection. I hate having to alternate sleep aids but my psychiatrist told me the single most important thing for those suffering with bi polar and or Schiz is sleep. So he told me at all costs you must sleep no matter what you have to take. The sleep is so light that I have to sleep with ear plugs in because if I hear any noise I’m wide awake. I hope this is something that gets better.

My 3rd psychosis

Oh well here goes.

I have had my 3rd psychosis. I was admitted to the mental hospital (voluntarily) on the 4th of December, right until the 4th of April. So 4 months.

Before that I was lowering Xeplion a.k.a. Invega Sustenna for a while, very slow. From 100 to 75, from 75 to 50 to 40 and from 40 to 35. Every time with 4 to 5 months in between. Now it is back to 100. I do not have anhedonia at this moment in time, but I am afraid it will come back like in 2016. That year was hell, complete 100% anhedonia for a year.

I still need to read some posts since then to see how you guys are doing. On the bright side, I loved being in the mental hospital, people were really nice, except for the occasional threat that someone will kill you xD. O and yeah my relationship of 7,5 years... It's over. Three psychoses is just 1 too many.

I will keep you guys updated as far as I can. I hope that my enlightenment aids fighting the Xeplion/Invega Sustenna, as well as my lythium which I take now.

O yea for those who know, I am looking for hints/tips for living in the wilderness XDXD. Want to know more on how to get enlightened? Google 'The power of now' by eckhart toll. Download pdf and use with @voice aloud reader from the Google app store (free), it is really the best book ever written.

Hello guys, @nybryx wow, and none of the suicides reported are from the U.S. or the WEST in general.

Update4months out: Second, I'd like to update you guys on the fact that the palperidone weakness ended for me after 2 weeks from the shots. During the first 3 days, I felt an oddly depressed but happy feeling from it. Weakness is still here to somewhat of an extent, but I can lift much of the medium weights, though I have more difficulty with them. On the bright side, the weights are not too hard to pick up. Nonetheless, now that the weakness is gone, but I still have those dilated pupils, oily skins at times. My mind is shitty, I have blurry vision, sexual side-effects, the brain can't think. The anhedonia isn't there, but I do get very dizzy, and feel like I would fall over, that is a big side-effect.

Is the main ingredient really even palperidone. I feel like I must have metabolized that shit fast. Maybe this is heavy metal or aluminum, or just something else?

Edit: Actually the dick gets half erect with some sperm.

Last edited:
@willowblosom thanks so much for the info, sorry you have sleeping problems too, I only smoke weed to help sleep and never had sleep problems before poison. I bet life was better with schizo, I would much rather have that than a lobotomy

@invegauser thanks for the reply to my previous post and for your answers and stories generally mate always an interesting helpful read

Last edited:
@most ultimate I get the greasy skin thing too. I had PERFECT skin before the injection. I have all kinds of skin problems now, mainly because of all the oil.

@most ultimate yeah interesting they have no stats for the West but there must be loads of suicides i cant imagine anyone not feeling like that on the poison.. your symptoms sound like many of mine, got no skin problems though, thats kinda insignificant compared to the brain damage i think

@xeplion sorry to hear things took a bad turn. did your anhedonia get better after 2016? hope you get life back on track soon and onto the detox mate, thanks for the update, glad you at least enjoyed the mental hospital

Last edited:
Who else was told by their mental hospital that there were no side effects to this drug? Did u guys get a script?

That's a bunch of bull shit. You can see the info on the invega website. This drug is gonna be the death of me. Everyday is a struggle to get threw. I just wanna make it threw this dark time.

I wanted to report that I think the galactorhea caused by the shot is now gone! I tried to express milk from my breast today and nothing came out! No more milk! And I just had a full 5 day period. As I mentioned earlier I have been taking the dopamine agonist cabergoline to lower my prolactin and start my menstruel cycle again. It has worked! So I have been off the shot for almost 8 months now. My menstruel cycle has returned and I am no longer leaking milk. I’m not sure how long all of this would have taken if I wasn’t taking a dopamine agonist but I must say I’m very happy and grateful. Will be getting my bloodwork taken soon and will report just how low the prolactin is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.