• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [Combo Thread] LSD & MDMA: the Candyflip

Which order do you do them in for ultimate win?

• I take the LSD first

Votes: 245 75.2%
  • I take the MDMA first

Votes: 40 12.3%
  • I take them together

Votes: 25 7.7%
  • Other - please post details

Votes: 16 4.9%

• Total voters
I wouldn't ever plan on candyflipping. Your headspace can change at a moments notice, especially with LSD, so just having MDMA around for the possibility was usually good enough for me. Everyone needs to jump in with both feet, and before I learned this whole "patience with psychedelics/life" thing, I would always take the L..for more intense synergy I would take the MDMA about 1-2hr's later, but when I just wanted to spice up the trip at the end, I would almost wait until the peak effects of LSD were pretty much gone.. it tended to bring the spark back, but is nowhere as draining as combing both near the same time.

why not just snort the mdma while your peaking ok the lsd or right before you peak, unless you dont like that roa, then i understand that. i have never heard this term before, "candy flipping".

1st time i candyflipped i dropped the cid and exactly 3 hours later dropped my molly. worked perfect!

You can wait even more than 3 hours and it will seemingly work perfectly. I don't think much of anything doesn't seem to be "perfect" on MDMA with a good mindset on LSD..

Peaking with both substances at the same time isn't so awesome for me. I like to work with the L, and if I want to spice it up a bit eat, plug, or snort the MDMA.

There is no definitive answer because every option has pro's and con's that appeal to different preferences people have. And different situations can even ask for different approaches.

For this reason I am merging this with the candyflip combo subthread: all of it is just ongoing discussion.

However as you can see in the poll, taking the LSD first is more typical if only for the fact that LSD lasts longer than MDMA so for maximum overlap you always take the longer lasting compound first.
Also people don't like the idea of coming down from the MDMA while they are still tripping. Especially if you are a person who takes a comedown particularly hard and early it is potentially a bad idea just like tripping while you have a hangover from something is not a very good idea.
Also overlapping experiences is one thing but overlapping peaks is quite another... if you take yourself to be bold (or maybe irresponsible) you might want to do this but I think it is highly controversial and I would only do it with a combination that I have absolute confidence in. While candyflipping is a great and often positive combo it is also heavy and intense. The belief that it couldn't possibly be too much is pretty much all hubris.

And taking something on the tail end of another substance makes for a different experience that is multi-phased. You can enhance the afterglow of one substance with another. The timeline of the 'story' or 'journey' is structured differently and it might be interesting for some to experiment with, or not.

Last edited:
Hey BlueLight,

I've posted many candyflip questions, but after doing some forum scrounging I feel as though I have a better idea of timing. I'll be attending a two-day festival this weekend so I'll be doing 21mg of 2C-B the first day then candyflipping the day after.

My initial plan was to dose 125mcg of LSD (my typical dose is 100mcg, but I'm attempting to accomodate for the cross-tolerance with 2C-B) then 2 hours later dose 110mg of MDMA. After reading a few posts this timing suggests a rather messy and confusing headspace with a rather "too intense" 20-30 minutes. I prefer a more smooth transition, which I would assume would be like doing MDMA first then LSD at the peak of the MDMA, but I do not want to experience an MDMA comedown during an LSD trip.

I am now considering doing 125mcg (maybe even 150mcg) of LSD, then at the 3.5 hour mark after ingestion drop 110mg (or 90mg if I do 150mcg of LSD) of MDMA.

Will my new plan provide a smoother candyflip, and will 150mcg be too much still even with some 2C-B cross-tolerance?

Thank you.

Edit: Also, does candyflipping lengthen the duration of both substances, and if so, by how much? LSD tends to last about 8 hours for me and MDMA about 3.5 hours. If I took the MDMA 3.5 hours after the LSD should I expect the combination to keep me tripping beyond 8 hours?

Last edited:
LSD+MDMA, a few questions

Have some past experience with psychedelics in the past (high school days) and i'm about 8-9 years out of highschool. Back then, I messed around with various things - pure dxm, shrooms, lsd, amanitas, salvia, and the obvious - cannabis.

Anyway, I've always been a cannabis user since I was 15, and just recently I've had the ability to test out 'molly'/mdma and LSD. Sadly the first time with the molly was on bunk shit, was either a different chemical or just not even MDMA at all.

So I acquire different stuff, and the first molly trip (I did 240mg LOL) was insane. The come up was so powerful that when I took a shower, the water felt so good I cried. Amazing experience. Tried it about 2 weeks later, still got the good feeling and had a good time but the intense 'head rush' that i first got didn't happen, which I'm assuming is tolerance related. I crushed up the crystals/powder, swished it in a shot glass and downed it. Same amount both times.

From what I've been reading, being MDMA is particularly 'harsh' on your body's serotonin levels it's not good to do it frequently and to space out trips at least 3-4 weeks to sometimes 1-2 months for the 'amazing' effect to return.

Anyway, I've done that twice now. Last time was 8 days ago.

Fast forward to night of 8-2. Had a 10 strip of lsd, took 4 hits. No information about dosage was available, so I said fuck it, if it's low dose this will get me to where I need to be and if it's high dose well, i'm in for it. Placed blotter on my tongue, sucked on for about 10-15 mins and swallowed. I did this at around 110-120PM, and by 2-230 I was getting hit by the effects...330 full blown...530 still going strong....6-7 effects still there but not as powerful and by 8 or 9 the visuals have subsided and it was all mental it seemed at that point. It closely followed erowid's graphical chart as far as the time was concerned.

ANYWAY, I had an amazing time. Didn't remember it being that strong back in high school, but maybe it was...either way, I enjoyed the effects thoroughly and have a few questions:

Being I have done MDMA & LSD, I plan on combining/candyflipping. The information I gathered breaks down when to take each, with respect to what effect you want to dominate - ie acid first, mdma second if you want acid-dominant trip, vice versa, etc. I plan on doing this 8-9. For reference:

On 8-9, when I plan on doing both:

Last roll: 13 days prior
Last trip: 7 days prior

1.) I hear that LSD tolerance is acquired and lost very quickly, usually within 3 days. Therefore I should expect a full blown trip again, assuming same dosage, correct?
2.) When you combine these two drugs, is there a specific time when you should dose the mdma or lsd after the first (ie 1 hour after initial dose)
3.) What are the effects of the combination? I hear there's a 'synergy' between the two, but I kinda wanna know what to expect. (Myself and a friend plan on doing 3 hits each, waiting 60-90 mins then doing 150mg mdma)

Sort of off topic, but being my most recent acid trip was during the day, we plan on dosing around 8PM to ensure that it's dark out during our trip - we want to black out the windows and get some of the following:

- glowing things (glow sticks, hula hoops, etc.)
- blacklight
- blacklight posters
- fog machine (would be awesome if i could afford it)
- music
- movies
- good food (sweet, tasty things)

What else would everyone recommend? Any particular shows or movies to watch aside from fear and loathing, the wall, etc?

What about music? I rolled with some shpongle and hallucinogen last time, and hallucinogen was crazy! definitely trip music. anything else similar or any other recommendations?

We wanna do this up. We want to have the maximum visual experience possible, and aside from a blacklight and glow sticks we're not too sure what else is affordable and definitely worth getting.

Thanks for the help guys!

Dude, chill out on the MDMA, shit. Wait at the absolute minimum another week. You really should be waiting 2-3 weeks for this.

Dude, chill out on the MDMA, shit. Wait at the absolute minimum another week. You really should be waiting 2-3 weeks for this.

Truthfully I would, but the person I'm doing it with is extremely limited on time and that day is the only day. PS, 13 days is 1 day away from 2 weeks...

So it seems as though your spacing your rolls out two weeks between each other. I've only done a two week break once and I was okay, but I would definitely recommend not doing it again for another 2-3 months. I'm assuming you'll be doing it anyways so here some info that I've read on candyflipping.

The tolerance from LSD should be almost negligible by day 7. I have yet to candyflip myself, I will be next weekend which I'm thoroughly excited for, but from what I've read most people do the MDMA after the LSD. For both to peak simultaneously, I heard this was quite intense and some people say it was too much, the order was LSD first then 2 hours after dropping the acid do the MDMA. For what seems to be a not-as-intense candyflip do the MDMA 3.5 to 4 hours after dosing the LSD. I also heard that they both intensify each other so a lower than normal dosage of both is recommended. Apparently the visuals are greatly enhanced, and it's supposedly one of the best combinations out there.

bump

I'm not completely sure what the rules are on bumping. Searching "bumping" on a drug forum leads to many results if you know what I mean.

I will be taking ~200µg of LSD + 120mg of MDMA soon. I'm super excited after threading this thread. Going to do it at home with maybe a friend or two so i'll be safe. So many posts saying to drop the MDMA 3-4hrs after the LSD so I think i'll stick to that. Will let you know how it goes :) Hippyflipping (4-5g shrooms+120mg + 50mg redose mdma) was the most intense euphoria I have ever felt, let's see if candyflip can top that. I took the MDMA like 1-1.5hrs after shrooms but it felt like the MDMA overpowered the shrooms a little bit, like it removed the visuals as soon as MDMA started to kick in. Will this happen in candyflip also, or is it just the dose thing? I think 200ug will be plenty to this not to happen? It wasn't bad at all, i felt super euphoric but I'd like a little psychedelia :)

Should I have someone who is taking mdma/acid/both of them with me or will it be just as enjoyable even if the others are just smoking weed/sober/drinking little bit?

Last edited:
I recently tried nick sands way of dosing MDMA before LSD. Truly was beautiful like he said as I have always done the latter. You get to integrate the lsd experience fully like he describes. Completely submitted. I took a very hefty dose of L and it was magical. Never will take LSD first and then MDMA again. Synergy was spectacular.

I recently tried nick sands way of dosing MDMA before LSD. Truly was beautiful like he said as I have always done the latter. You get to integrate the lsd experience fully like he describes. Completely submitted. I took a very hefty dose of L and it was magical. Never will take LSD first and then MDMA again. Synergy was spectacular.

What about when the MDMA wears off after 3-6hrs?

Ok, im going to do this saturday. Gonna take 1 blotter (supposedly 100µg LSD) and about 3 hours after drop 120mg MDMA. If I feel the effects of one blotter to be too weak about in ~1.5hrs I'll drop another one.

Going to swallow these blotters straight in case they're not LSD because most RC's shouldnt be active orally (nbomes)

Hello, on July 4 I plan to wake up, eat, then dose these simultaneously: 8 tabs potent LSD (125-150 mcg), 1/8 shrooms (psil. Cubensis), 125 mg MDMA. I will be smoking copious amounts of cannabis throughout the day. My goal is the most intense trip of my life. I have take 8 of these blotters with 100 mg mdma before, and 1 tab plus 1/8 shrooms before, and dosed 8 tabs several times before. My question is, is this safe? I know it's safe in lower doses, but I want to go for the big one here as I am losing my blotter connect and will likely have to go back to weak (50 mcg) blotters. This is my last potent sheet. :( Any thoughts?

Took half a blotter last saturday and half of molly about 2,5 hours later. It took another 1,5-2 hours before I felt anything but then things became really beautiful :) Euphoria was crazy, I felt like I won 5 million dollars lol.

Smoking a little weed every now and then boosted the experience in a nice way.

Hello, on July 4 I plan to wake up, eat, then dose these simultaneously: 8 tabs potent LSD (125-150 mcg), 1/8 shrooms (psil. Cubensis), 125 mg MDMA. I will be smoking copious amounts of cannabis throughout the day. My goal is the most intense trip of my life. I have take 8 of these blotters with 100 mg mdma before, and 1 tab plus 1/8 shrooms before, and dosed 8 tabs several times before. My question is, is this safe? I know it's safe in lower doses, but I want to go for the big one here as I am losing my blotter connect and will likely have to go back to weak (50 mcg) blotters. This is my last potent sheet. :( Any thoughts?

It doesn't sound safe to me. I'd probably loose it, do some crazy shit and wake up in the hospital the next day :)

You don't need the MDMA. Just split the acid dose in two and take it 30 minutes apart. This does something very strange and takes you through a wormhole in space/time to a place where you will encounter me dancing naked save for one sock. Changes the LSD trip into a very fluffy psychedelic MDMA experience with the emphasis on the bodyhigh.

It can cause a few problems with the indigestion tho so try and avoid food more than you would on a normal LSD trip.

I have my doubts that eight of your blotters contain 1.0-1.2mg LSD. At that dose you won't really feel the need to combine it with anything, it's intense enough as it is.

Speaking from experience, most plans to have the "the most intense trip of my life" I had ended with a void in my memory. Very dissatisfying. Sometimes less is more. Less of what may be too much that is. Some will not remember the experience of such a dose of LSD alone. Happens to me on 200mg IV MDMA alone, too.

300ug and 120mg MDMA is probably gonna have you flying.