• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [Combo Thread] LSD & MDMA: the Candyflip

Which order do you do them in for ultimate win?

• I take the LSD first

Votes: 245 75.2%
  • I take the MDMA first

Votes: 40 12.3%
  • I take them together

Votes: 25 7.7%
  • Other - please post details

Votes: 16 4.9%

• Total voters
Thanks again and you sound like you know your stuff!

Tab might be the wrong word, basically it is a sugar cube with a strong hit of acid dissolved in it. ... Im taking a leap of faith with this but the guy I bought these from has already consumed quitre a few of these cubes and he has been very happy with the result.

Thans the advice on not consuming on my own. ... Based on this, I'm going to split the cube with one of my mates and then we'll take the lego mdma pills after the peak. - The hit of acid will be lighter but that sounds like a good thing now.

Ane here was me thinking it would just be like MDMA but with a few visuals. ... Im seriosuly looking forward to this!

Acid is my A#1 chemical.

I prefer to dabble w/ the molly as I see fit throughout the duration of the trip, tapering my use as the trip wanes, but also not taking too much where the MDMA will over-power the LSD (which does happen to me if I take a bit much of miss mol - I'll still have a trippy sub-layer, but the majority will be shadowed).

And hey, you can always candy-flip a second time. ;) (or dozens more times haha)

You better take a half tab of lsd. I understand the set/setting is a public event? In publice you don't want an overwhelming lsd dose, half a tab seems a sweet dose.
If your pills contain around 70mg, take max 1.5 pill. With candyflipping the dosage of both lsd/mdma should be a little bit lower than both apart.
So:
T+0: half a tab of lsd
T+4: 1.5pill

Respect this timing and dosage for your first time, most canyflip trainwrecks happen when they don't respect the timing/dose to high.

I like candyflipping all around better than any other drug (or drug combination) because in many ways it is very close to being sober as far as your mental state, but it allows you to access all the really excellent effects of acid (music sounds great, sense of profoundness, insightfulness) and E (poise, confidence, self-love and love for others) without the downsides (the "confusion" and scariness of acid, the running-around-hugging-everyone effect of E).

The candyflip moment, as I think of it, is about half an hour after you take your E. The acid confusion seems to lift off of you like a heavy fog suddenly dissipating. The room suddenly seems more open (this is very dramatic if you're someplace with a high ceiling). You are suddenly instilled with a sense wonder and awe at the amazing things our world has to offer, a feeling that you have power over your own destiny, and a sense of purpose to do the things that are important to you. And there is an incredible feeling that something profound and important is about to happen.

Watching someone who is in the midst of a successful candyflip is pretty cool, too. Their entire demeanor gains a perfect confidence, without the slightest hint of arrogance. Their skin seems to glow. The eyes are probably the most dramatic: they grow wide and bright, like those of a child, but wiser.

Just remember to take the E exactly four hours after the lsd!!!!!

Have fun and let me know how it went :)
Thanks man Ill take your advice. This saturday is gonna be bomb haaha and for sure ill let you know how it goes. Thanks again I appreciate u taking the time to answer my questions.

As Never said there's already a big thread for candyflipping, and we like to keep all the questions and responses there so they're easier for people to find answers in future (plus, if you look at the thread, your questions have been answered several times already! :D)

Just giving you the heads up that me or another mod will merge this with the candyflipping thread soon, but you have a chance to reply first and acknowledge this :)
Ohh thanks for the heads up mods keep up the great work!

You should really take some time and listen to some Flying Lotus and enjoy the god damn epic light parade of dreams that are the candyflip CEV's.

Think... flying head first over a forest covered in rainbow glass.

You better take a half tab of lsd. I understand the set/setting is a public event? In publice you don't want an overwhelming lsd dose, half a tab seems a sweet dose.
If your pills contain around 70mg, take max 1.5 pill. With candyflipping the dosage of both lsd/mdma should be a little bit lower than both apart.
So:
T+0: half a tab of lsd
T+4: 1.5pill

Respect this timing and dosage for your first time, most canyflip trainwrecks happen when they don't respect the timing/dose to high.

I like candyflipping all around better than any other drug (or drug combination) because in many ways it is very close to being sober as far as your mental state, but it allows you to access all the really excellent effects of acid (music sounds great, sense of profoundness, insightfulness) and E (poise, confidence, self-love and love for others) without the downsides (the "confusion" and scariness of acid, the running-around-hugging-everyone effect of E).

The candyflip moment, as I think of it, is about half an hour after you take your E. The acid confusion seems to lift off of you like a heavy fog suddenly dissipating. The room suddenly seems more open (this is very dramatic if you're someplace with a high ceiling). You are suddenly instilled with a sense wonder and awe at the amazing things our world has to offer, a feeling that you have power over your own destiny, and a sense of purpose to do the things that are important to you. And there is an incredible feeling that something profound and important is about to happen.

Watching someone who is in the midst of a successful candyflip is pretty cool, too. Their entire demeanor gains a perfect confidence, without the slightest hint of arrogance. Their skin seems to glow. The eyes are probably the most dramatic: they grow wide and bright, like those of a child, but wiser.

Just remember to take the E exactly four hours after the lsd!!!!!

Have fun and let me know how it went :)
Candyflip went perfect such a beautiful combination. Had an awesome experience and a great night. Thanks for the help. :)

Safest way to dose LSD/MDMA?

I'm going to a rave on Friday, everyone is going to be fucked up. I've done both LSD and MDMA on multiple occasions by themselves, but never at the same time. At the moment, I am planning to take 6 hits of good quality LSD and 2 hits of good quality MDMA. Ive heard that this combination can be much more intense than either drug alone, so I'm wondering if this is a safe first dose. Also, what should I expect in terms of the come down? When the MDMA wears off should I expect a crash or will the LSD smooth the come down out?
Thanks for any advice you can give! <3

what kinda of lsd that sounds like a lot it must be weak ;) lol

id recommend 2 hits lsd 1 hit molly first dose if u wanna be a crazy guy lol however i dunno how pure ur lsd/mdma is :p

best way i could tell you is take the lsd first and 2 hours in take the mdma. I know that is the best time frame. I have did this with around 150 ug L and 160 mg mdma. Bad ass shit like I had not experienced in years. Be ready to not remember parts of it. Very nice, maybe a bit strong for public places. Other than a multi-day festival I would reconsider unless you have a cab to and from venue to someplace. (hotel, home) I always take cabs so I can have fun at raves. I always gotta stay in motels so I can have fun. Costly shit. I just did this NYE so I can say it was smooth on the comedown. No problems there. It is a great experience.

God damn 6 hits!?
One or two hits of the Lucy around my parts would have you good and trippy enough for a rave.
I don't know how powerful your acid is but I'd be careful, it's not hard to dose to heavy in public.

The only time I ever candy flipped I took a mint and a hit at the beginning of the rave, than another mint about 3 or 4 hours in so I wouldn't crash off the MDxx before the Lucy wore off.
Turned out great, any more psyche would have been overkill.

Unfortunately I don't know how strong either source is from personal experience. Accounts from peers who have tried these particular hits however claim that they are both are significantly better than average.
I'm hoping for this to be really intense experience as I feel like I've never quite got as much out of my psychedelic experiences in the past as I want. I'm inexperienced with this combination though so I would like to know if this dosage is potentially overkill or too intense for a rave setting.

We already have a big candyflipping thread dedicated to this combo, and this'll be merged with that once you've had the chance to reply.

That dose sounds extremely huge unless both substances are of inadequate potency. You'd be much better off with 1-2 hits of acid and once again 1-2 hits of the MDMA than such a dose as you'll likely be unpleasantly overwhelmed, be in danger in such a public space, and not get anything useful out of the experience.

Thanks, Jesusgreen, didn't see the thread. I will seriously consider your advice and do some more research before I come to a decision on how much too take.

It's one thing to say "my psychedelic experiences have been underwhelming so far." Yes, seeking a strong experience is indeed a worthwhile goal.

It's another thing entirely to do so at a large wild confusing public mish-mash. BAD idea... very easy to get totally overwhelmed in a BAD way having your first really strong trip in such environs... in fact you could very likely end up wishing you had saved the experience for a more introspective situation. BY FAR the most superior and most value-bearing way to experience a strong trip is to use it for what nature intended... a wisdom seeking vision quest going INWARD, as opposed to loud music bright flashing lights confusing crowds of fucked up people and vibes going WHEE! WHOOPIE! Milder trips are great for that, but all my experience says that is really not the best way to use really strong ones.

Consider that you are possibly inappropriately mingling 2 different goals to the detriment of both, especially if the doses really are "alot stronger than most" ... you could be asking for a trainwreck.

Last edited:
How can I possibly describe how candyflipping has enhanced my life over the years? No words would be sufficient. Done properly, a candyflip captures all the profound wonder of LSD, coupled with the confidence, poise, and spiritual opening of MDMA. It is a truly a wonderful gift, but allow me to warn you ahead of time that it's pretty difficult to do right, and requires a lot of planning and forethought, even more than acid does by itself.

Normally one should never try to combine two drugs, especially two as powerful as acid and E. Candyflipping doesn't just refer to the combination of the two; it refer to using them in a staggered method that produces an entirely unique effect that is unlike either of the drugs by themselves. So first of all, never take acid and E at the same time, or even within an hour or two of each other! This will produce a sort of drunken intoxication which you might find fun (or you might find unpleasant, like me), but in either case it does not qualify as candyflipping.

Candyflipping requires that the relative "peak" times of the two drugs (from the 1hr mark to the 3hr mark with E, and from the 1hr mark to the 4h mark with acid) do not overlap. You can theoretically do it in either order, but I (and friends of mine) have always done it with acid first, E later. The most important thing to know, that I have deduced by careful (and sometimes unpleasant) experimentation:

Take your E exactly four (4) hours after taking your acid!

Why is this so important?

Well, if you take your E early (like say, after 3 hours) your acid peak won't be done yet, and the drugs end up sort of fighting for control of your brain. This is not a very fun sensation; you end up feeling lethargic and sort of light-headed. You may come out of it after an hour or two, but you will have missed the "candyflip" and will be just left feeling like you took a lot of drugs, and sometimes slightly spacey depending on the person. (Editor's Note: Not everyone agrees about this; one person sent a comment saying that they don't get much effect doing it this way, but they have a "brilliant" time when they take a low dose of MDMA about 45 minutes before ingesting LSD.)

If you take the E late (say, after 5 hours) you'll get a similar effect as taking your E too early, but probably not as strong. After 45 minutes or so it will clear up and you'll find that you're just rolling from the E, and it's not much like you took two drugs at all, more that you just took one after the other.

Another important thing is dosage. Taking less acid causes it to come on more slowly, and as a result taking your E at the four hour mark may actually be too early. Taking a lot of acid works great as long as you can handle it but in this case you may want to take your E slightly earlier, say at T+3:45. Generally I just recommend a normal dose, 3 hits of standard blotter paper, but again there's nothing wrong with more as long as you can handle it.

With E, you probably want to take a minimal dosage, or else it will just overpower the acid and you'll be rolling (not a bad thing, but you'll miss out on the candyflip). If you have a batch of pills and you normally take 1.5 pills to roll, then probably try either 1.5 or 1 pill. In a nutshell, it's better to err slightly on the side of a low dose than on the side of high.

The Candyflip Effect

My favorite candyflip activity is looking at a powerful laser and listening to really good trance coming out of big speakers, but that's just me.

Health Stuff

I guess I should mention this since it's going onto this website. Basically, candyflipping is one of the more rigorous drug experiences you can have, especially if you do it at a party. The entire thing lasts a really long time (9 or 10 hours total) and you expend a lot of resources. I make sure to sleep in super late the day before I am going to make a candyflip, and dose myself with lots of vitamins in the previous week. Then I make sure I don't have anything making demands on my time in the next day or two following the candyflip so that I can sleep as much as I need (which usually isn't all that much, but sometimes it is).

So, to summarize - this is a really awesome experience that I would recommend to anyone. Just be sure that you are prepared (both mentally and physically), have a good setting to do it in, have your drugs pretested and in proper dosages. By "pretested" I don't just mean that you've done the EZ-Test on them, I mean that you have tried them before in a controlled environment so that you're not only sure of what they are, but how much you should take. You also should not attempt it until you are fairly familiar with both LSD and MDMA (like, you've used each at least four or five times). And don't forget: four hours! Use a stopwatch so that you do not mistake the proper time to take your E.

Followed the above guide on my first candyflip. I was well into the lucy trip, and the 4 hour plateau was just beginning. I dropped the pills at about 3:40 (after ingestion of lsd) because these pills I knew took longer to come up. You get to sit at your plateau for a good 45 minutes to an hour and a half which gives you a very good feel to judge when the pills are hitting. From what I read beforehand I was expecting something completely different, like out of my mind color craziness; but how it really felt was much different. The entire room took on a very orange hue (lights were not colored) and everything became so warm. Everything wanted to caress me so I took this opportunity to lay down in a memory foam mattress and blast Flying Lotus. Usually Flylo is quick and spacey and jumbly, but what I was listening to was an electric symphony, with my eyes closed I flying head first, literally flying, over a very amazingly color rendered jungle. The horizon was constantly changing. The CEV's were very much geometric, like extremely tiny little squares. I could feel myself moving around on the bed, and I could feel my lips grinning wide, but I just could not leave the world I had entered.

It's good fun, and I fell asleep easily but slept restlessly, peripheral hallucinations kept my mind going.

Almost every bit of information I can find on this combination involves taking the 2 chemicals at different times. My question is why aren't the 2 ever taken together right away? Is the come-up too intense? Does it cause you to crash after the MDMA wears off? Just curious because I can't seem to find much information on taking the 2 at the same time.

I took a small dosage (weak tab of acid, and 70 mg molly[2 hours later]). Definitely an interesting combo. Didn't feel like either of them, just felt clear and totally in touch with my head and body, not to mention incredibly euphoric. Definitely gonna try some higher doses in the future.

Almost every bit of information I can find on this combination involves taking the 2 chemicals at different times. My question is why aren't the 2 ever taken together right away? Is the come-up too intense? Does it cause you to crash after the MDMA wears off? Just curious because I can't seem to find much information on taking the 2 at the same time.

You want them to synergize. If you take the mdma with the lsd you will be at the end or after the end of your peak on mdma and just hitting the beginning of the 3-5 hour peak on lsd. Essentially while you are tripping on acid you will be completely depleted of serotonin and most likely physically tired. This is if you are just taking pure MDMA. If you are taking a pill then more than likely it will be cut with another chemical, commonly amphetamines, and you will be tweaked out during your lsd plateau.