• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Mushrooms & MDMA: The Hippyflip

Take smaller quantities of each than you normally would if you were taking them seperately. I think hippyflipping is one of the greatest combos of all time right up there with LSD + N20. I usually get some anxiety on the come up of a mushroom trip but if I also popped a roll I usually don't have time to think anxious thoughts because of how good I feel. I think that if they both are good on their own for you, then they have to be good when combined as long as you don't take very larges doses.

hippy flipping best time to take...

Both MDMA and shrooms have pretty much the same duration. What would you take first, the shrooms or the MDMA. Or just take them both at the same time due to the same durtion.

-PLUR

Probably take the shrooms then leave it 90 minutes before taking the MDMA.

Hippie Flipping: question on duration

Don't know if this is in the right forum, feel free to move wherever appropriate.

I've only hippie flipped (shrooms/ecstasy) once before and it was very intense and pleasurable, to say the least. When I did it I took about 4 grams of okay shrooms and 2 pills that I had tried before and were pretty decent. I munched on the shrooms until they were as chewed up as much as possible and washed it down with half a glass of water and 2 pills of ecstasy. My trip/rolling only lasted about 3 hours.

This brings me to my question.

Does this combination reduce the duration of the pills/shrooms? When I usually dose any amount of shrooms the LEAST i can expect to trip is 4 hours, usually lasting about 5-6.

Whenever I do eat some rolls it usually lasts around 4-6 hours depending on how I dose.

I absolutely loved this combo and was wondering if anyone knew any tricks/tips to prolong the experience or what may have affected the duration. My main question is simply what may have caused that.

If anyone has any questions about how I dosed or whatever, just ask... I'll provide as much info to help get this question answered, thx in advance.

The mushroom effect is probably still so intense after 3 hours that it will overpower the ecstacy when that starts to wean. Doing what Cloudy suggests should or might prevent that so that you will get a combined afterglow feeling both. Later than that and it's hardly a combo anymore.
I do think that when you dose simultaneously you will get a very intense peak from both that is really magical, but another theory is that you will 'spend it all' sooner that way making you come down earlier.
If you dose the E somewhat later but still half-overlapping then you may start off with a more therapeutic and less fun trip which is a good thing to think over some things. Then what you are 'done' with those mind effects / that phase a bit the E comes as more of a treat, a wonderful conclusion that is more earned than otherwise. At least that's what I think. :)

Looking for the hippieflip thread to merge, it should definitely be there!

Take the MDMA shortly after the mushrooms. Mushrooms kick in fast and I try to make it so the peaks co-inside. Maybe take your dose 45 minutes after the mushrooms. Preferably, don't take the shrooms in a tea; it'll kick in much faster and the duration won't be as long.

Also take it easy on the MDMA dose. You don't want those nasty stimulant and comedown side-effects. And make damn sure if you're using E pills that they are clean MDMA. Piperazines or meth combined with mushrooms would not be cool.

This thread is now in the process of being mega-merged. It's a perennial topic, that I am quite sure of.
In a few moments it will contain a clear 'frontpage' post and include links hence and forth fro' and to relevant threads.

P.S.
uniter said:
Piperazines or meth combined with mushrooms would not be cool.

QFT!

I had 2.5 grams of potent mushrooms and waited 3 hours to dose some 100mg of some clean molly. The first 2 hours of real tripping was ofcourse just the usual crazy mushroom ride (though on a surprisingly low dose, bomb shrooms :D) then turned into a wonderful relaxing roll, which turned into a full on rager of a time (psytrance thumping mmm...).

i tried it before and i got really happy but still tripping on mushrooms.. it wasnt that great coz the mdma was shit and i dont like mushrooms but it fucked me up

If, let's say, I dosed 2.5 grams of shrooms + 1 pill at, let's say 10pm at night and redosing the same amount an hour later around 11pm, you think I'll be hippie flipping til around 3-4am? Or what do you think the duration/experience would encompass. I wouldn't mind any huge peaks, just as long as the hippie flip doesn't totally fart out on me in three hours

I find that the very peak experience is relatively short lived - say maybe 120 minutes & redosing only gives a brief window back into it.

For a candyflip I like to take the mdma 4 hours after a decent dose of acid.

Can anybody who likes to do it at this sort of timing please recommend the concurrent dose for a hippyflip? Thanks x

I've only hippy-flipped once and I waited an hour after I ate the shrooms to take the MDMA. It worked great. I think that timing is generally the recommended way of doing it.

If, let's say, I dosed 2.5 grams of shrooms + 1 pill at, let's say 10pm at night and redosing the same amount an hour later around 11pm, ...

You'll definitely be OUT there. I find that higher doses of mushrooms are self-potentiating. 3g lasts between 4 and 6 hours total experience but a 5g dose lasts up to 8 hours, and I'm trippin' BALLS for 5 of it. Stacking the E on top of it...

I'd take the 5g of fungus all at once. Wait till you get the butterflies/rush starting really hard from the mushrooms before the visuals really hit you. THATS when I'd take the 1st pill. If you can handle more E after that, go for it.

The E will wear off, and just as the E is about done completely the mushrooms will start to wear off. You'll get afterglow instead of e-tardedness. Take some childrens gummy bear vitamins (maybe 3 or 4 per person) to munch on while you're rolling to help preserve your brain, and afterward some 5-HTP to help the serotonin depletion, otherwise you'll feel dumb as a rock the next day.

The morning after, a multi-vitamin, some 5-HTP and some caffeine to get you moving. When you're hungry eat something like a fried egg and a bowl of oatmeal (fat and complex carbs) to restore the energy reserves you gobbled up while using more than the usual 10% of your brain.

Last edited:
First time hippy flipping.

Halloween will be my first time hippy flipping and I'm not totally sure what to expect. I am hoping for an amazing experience..but I don't know if it will be a bad environment..or what..I'm really excited to try MDMA. But I don't fully know what to expect. I've done shrooms in the past, and I heard the combination was amazing.
I guess I just want to know what to expect..maybe you guys have pointers..?

Well the only pointers are: dont do it if your unsure of your enviorment and be prepared for a strong rewarding trip.

have a Empty stomach and than
crush up the shrooms
put them in lil pieces of toliet paper
roll it up into little ball
Swallow them... This is called a parachute...

about 2 ours later
put your pill and parachute that

that should get the peaks all nice and happy and hit you faster :) thats what i do

okay i wll keep the empty stomach thing in mind, thanks.

uhmm..the only problem with the environment i'll be in, is that it will be an electro/trance concert..with people dressed up and stuff..will this be too much to handle while tripping, or make it better??

I wouldn't do it.
Rolling at a concert is less fun than it sounds, I've done a few times and I definitely prefer doing it outside or at home with close friends. Same applies to mushrooms.

I mean the music and lights will LOOK and SOUND amazing, but feeling like everyone is staring at you and having to worry about cops/narcs might kill your buzz/roll.