• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Mushrooms & MDMA: The Hippyflip

id rather have lsd and xtc.... for me shrooms are lil more mind fuckish and acid is more happy

Since its your first time doing this you wont know how strongly it will affect you so id advise not doing it in a public place where things could easily go wrong.

I think she meant a rave, but if its your first time I would just use MDMA. That in itself is normally always rewarding. The Psychedelic world isnt always stable.

Hippie Flipping

Anyone ever tried to eat some E first, and get the mushies to kick in around the same time as the peak?

What was the experience like?

i have done candyflipping - i don't see why it would be any different with shrooms.. it had the confusion and excitement of an acid trip - but there was a flood of strange emotional feelings and ideas that colored the trip in a very interesting way.. it was a very powerful peak - i was stuck on a couch and could barely even tell who was sitting next to me at the rave..

You would actually want to eat the Mushrooms first and then about an hour later, take your CLEAN UNADULTERATED roll or molly.

Merged with the hippyflip subthread - have a read through for a variety of opinions :)

I really enjoy this combination personally, the duration of both is similar (unlike candy flipping where you can end up tripping through a comedown...yuck). The MDMA tends to balance the mind-fuck, introspective side of the mushrooms and makes for a really fun time. Keep the mushroom dose on the low side though, you don't want to overwhelm the MDMA.

You have to understand, hippy-flipping is very different from tripping on shrooms alone. Especially since it's your first time, being in that setting can really cause a bad trip. And I also noticed when hippy-flipping/candy-flipping, I do some weird things I normally wouldn't ever do in public... Completely oblivious to the fact that there are people around.

MDMA is a very special drug, and the intensity of the first few experiences is difficult to recapture. Mushrooms and Ecstasy combine well, the positive mood push of E means a fun trip is guaranteed, but you should experience MDMA on its own before mixing it with other drugs.

I wouldn't do it.
Rolling at a concert is less fun than it sounds, I've done a few times and I definitely prefer doing it outside or at home with close friends. Same applies to mushrooms.

I mean the music and lights will LOOK and SOUND amazing, but feeling like everyone is staring at you and having to worry about cops/narcs might kill your buzz/roll.

Rolling at concert is less fun than it sounds???? Are you serious? Rolling is awesome when you're around music that you enjoy.

To the OP:

If you've never done MDMA before, try it by itself first. It's quite the something, especially when done right the first time. It'll open you up and you feel so good, few things can match the sheer joy of a good first-time MDMA experience.

You can hippy-flip, once you try the MDMA by itself. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

In alot of people mushrooms and mdma cause alot of nausea during the comeup. I throw up alot of the time when the mushrooms are kicking in strongly, I have a similar reaction to MDMA. But the brief nausea/vomiting is nothing compared to the euphoria you feel from the mindblowing synergy of mushrooms and MDMA. Getting the doses right is really important.

Hippyflipping > Candyflipping... and I've candyflipped far more times then I've hippyflipped.

If your nervous at all I suggest taking the ecstasy (mdma) first then as soon as you start getting those good vibes from the mdma, immediately take the mushrooms, as soon as the world begins to warp and visuals are becoming apparent (ie the shrooms are kicking in, redose the MDMA with half - 3/4 of your orginal dose).

Then next 5 hours will be a mindblowing, euphoric, beautifully, amazing experience. I suggest a psy-trance event with like-minded people/trippers or a little party of your own at home

Last edited:
I Did this last night, probably the best combo i've ever done. SO yeah go for it lad.

As others have said, if you've never had MDMA before I'd maybe consider becoming familiar with it on its own before attempting any combos. I've actually never done the hippyflip myself but can assure you that if it's anything like a candyflip it's more than the sum of its parts - mucho synergy afoot.

Also as mentioned, we have a hippyflip thread so I'll move this over into it for you to have a read through. Have fun and be safe whatever you decide on :)

have a Empty stomach and than
crush up the shrooms
put them in lil pieces of toliet paper
roll it up into little ball
Swallow them... This is called a parachute...

about 2 ours later
put your pill and parachute that

that should get the peaks all nice and happy and hit you faster :) thats what i do

REWORK: grind in a grinder...put in a capsule/ROLLING PAPER (toilet paper dude?! serious?:!)

I'd say an hour/hour and half MAX later TEK A PILL!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEkcjU2XzoI

But as other's have said...maybe not do it in public your first hippyflip..shit can go badand send you off on a bad one..this happenedto me my first hippy flip....was still a cool experience for me, but a lesson on pacing yourself til really comfortable with psychedelics & the setting you put yourself in.

How Strong/Craz/Uncontrollable is a Hippyflip (MDMA + Shrooms)?

I have always wanted to take a Candyflip (MDMA + LSD) but since LSD is hard to get in quantities of less than a sheet (current situation) I was thinking a Candyflip would do. I have access to excellent quality (top grade) shrooms (2g for the experienced individual will have you like 3.5g of usuall street grade shrooms). The MDMA I also have access to and 125mg (erowid's dose) actually gets someone that does MDMA relatively often very nice and high just like erowid says it should.

I have tried LSD (most being 420mcg) about 3-4 times, 2C-I (most at 20mg-22mg) about 10-12 times, 2C-E once at 12mg-14mg, shrooms always dried (most 8g) about 40-50 times, 4-MeO-DMTtwice highest being 12mg, 5-MeO-DMT a few times (smoked), MDMA (snorted, mostly oral) about 60-70 times (highest being 10-15 130mg doses within 24hrs-34hrs).

You can make comparisons with all those drugs since I am experienced with them.

I think that LSD (high doses, low doses too) is much easier to control then shrooms (high and low doses), my opinion.

1. I want to know just how crazy say 2.5g of very high grade shrooms (2.5g is enough to get high on the shrooms alone) mixed with about 80mg-90mg of MDMA (125mg gets me high), both at the same time if anything the MDMA 5-10min before the shrooms!

2. What I am asking is how do you feel regarding psychedelic thoughts, loops, etc.

3. Also regarding visuals, how is it? Do things materialize? Or is it just shapes, colors and patterns?

4. As well, would taking 4-MeO-DMT instead of Mushrooms result in the exact same effects as taking shrooms?

Please let me know these things as well as any other places I may find info on these things.

I have tried this about three times with some molly that may not have been MDMA but was at least something close enough, and some known MDMA.

Timing definately effects the buzz. Each time was with the same amounts of materials, about 120 mg's of mdma and 1-2 grams of cubensis.

One time I took the mushrooms near the baseline recovery of the molly. This extended the E feeling with a slightly stronger mushroom buzz but didn't feel very trippy, just like a longer E buzz with a shift in body sensation. Also pretty stimulated on this one.

I one took the mushrooms in the middle of the E buzz, about two hours and some change into the effects of the E. This was a very heavy and catatonic high. I begged my friend who joined me on this mission to start walking with me as soon as I felt the mushrroms as I knew once I sat down that I wouldn't get back up. This was my least favorite trip, I was basically in a waking sleep state, very into music but once again it wasn't very psychedelic, just like a monster E high but with the special social andf mental aspects of the E kind of muted. Just really high. My room looked awesome when I managed to open my eyes ;)

Most recently I took some mushrooms as soon as I felt the E. Best time yet, felt great, stayed pretty with it, had AWESOME visuals that were fairly unique but not too intense and avaoided the mushroom come-up anxiety (why I like to take the E first. The sky looked like it had a corner in it, like the universe was cubed! With my eyes closed I was seeing weird vein like structures with psychedelic blood cells being pushed through them, fell asleep tripping and had visuals in my dreams.

I notice this combo kind of removes the individual qualities of both drugs and leads too a more pleasnt but generic high. I love it but it seems less useful than either one alone for introspection, at least for this fish.

Should I hippie flip at rave?

Going to my first massive rave new years eve
I love shrooms and Xcstsy both separately but i haven't tried them together and am very intrested in this adventure but would like some advice from people that have tried shrooms at raves and or hippie flipped or just if you have an opinon on the subject :)

Btw the rave is Together as one in LA