• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Mushrooms & MDMA: The Hippyflip

I'd bet doing the combonation would be an easier trip than doing psilocybin alone. MDMA is sure fire euphoria. Go for it, hippie. ;)

aye dont mix if its your 1st time, then u wont know what your experiencing and it may overwhelm you

Anxious on mushrooms - hippyflipping

I've tried mushrooms at low doses a couple of times (around 2gs). Everyone else seems to love them, and although I do enjoy the visuals, I also get extremely anxious. The butterfly's in my stomach get very intense.

I'm guessing this is because of my OCD which gives me anxiety and insomnia.
I love MDMA though as it seems to completely rid me of anxiety.

A friend has invited me up to a cottage next week and has said I should try hippyflipping.
Would this be suitable for me?

Im prone to anxiety, but hippyflipping for me was possibly one of the most euphoric experiences of my life, completely anxiety-free.

Anxiety on psychedelics would be a sign of some underlying psychological issue. I think you should trip more balls and sort it out, without aid of "artificial" well-being.

Alternatively, return to psychedelics when things are sorted out soberly.

^ Haha- "trip more balls."

On the contrary, I think MDMA would be a very useful tool, and might allow the OP to experience the mushrooms more fully. MDMA is less of an emotional cushion and more of an emotional loosening- It might make the experience more intense, but also more euphoric. But, don't take my word for it, I've never done it.

Is anxiety an inevitable side effect of mushrooms? Or is it set and setting dependent like any other psychedelic?

I think you should trip more balls and sort it out, without aid of "artificial" well-being.

As counter-intuitive as this sounds, it's really an incredibly effective way to deal with your tripping anxiety. I've never candy- or hippy-flipped, however - when I was first introduced to psychedelic drugs, I had a few bad trips in a row, probably because I've had anxiety problems basically my whole life. Upped the dose (this was acid by the way), and eventually it "clicked", what I was doing wrong, and I've been on the whole having really nice trips ever since then.

Basically, take a good dose (not a weak dose, not an insane dose) of your mushrooms/acid/what-have-you in the most comfortable environment possible, whether that's with some close friends or just by yourself; and it may take a couple tries, but eventually you'll learn to be captain of the ship, and navigate the psychedelic seas. There's almost seemingly a mental "muscle" that you need to learn how to flex.

Happy trails... <3

On the contrary, I think MDMA would be a very useful tool, and might allow the OP to experience the mushrooms more fully. MDMA is less of an emotional cushion and more of an emotional loosening- It might make the experience more intense, but also more euphoric. But, don't take my word for it, I've never done it.

I concur. I've only done this once and it was with relatively weak mushrooms. Mushrooms normally give me the worst anxiety I've ever had. A couple years ago in a house party setting (which I normally never trip in) I ate 3.5g waited an hour, swallowed a pill. Pill came on, was feeling great, but the trip wasn't REALLY hitting, so I made up the remaining 3.5g into a tea and gulped it down. In half an hour I was There. I was sitting on the end of the couch totally in my own world, I was having one of the most beautiful, ecstatic experiences of my life right there. Every once in a while someone would smile at me, recognizing my ecstatic glow. It was great. I'm sure if it was mushrooms alone it would have been quite different; I still can't take mushrooms by themselves without getting powerful anxiety. I'm sure It'll go away someday but I know for a fact adding a lil MDMA into the mix takes away the anxiety and lets you flow into a powerfully ecstatic experience.

I also agree with the Apple-y one up there that taking psychedelics in comfortable settings and working through things can certainly be very beneficial.

Last edited:
I've never mixed the 2. I also suffer from severe anxiety and panic episodes. Mushrooms and LSD give me too much anxiety to do them anymore, therefore, it's been years. On the flip side, MDMA give me NO anxiety and gives me a feeling of total euphoria and happiness.

Myself, I wouldn't mix the 2 only because MDMA alone gives me enough of what I want in a 'high.' Adding Mushrooms would probably only risk piling unnecessary anxiety on top of what could be just a completely euphoric, pleasurable experience.

Myself, I wouldn't mix the 2 only because MDMA alone gives me enough of what I want in a 'high.' Adding Mushrooms would probably only risk piling unnecessary anxiety on top of what could be just a completely euphoric, pleasurable experience.

You'd be surprised. It's almost as if the MDMA opens the floodgates and lets you let go. There's something about MDMA that makes the concept of anxiety seem absolutely absurd. Adding mushrooms to the MDMA anxiety free state most likely won't add any anxiety to the experience. It's as if MDMA lets you bypass the anxiety stage and you get propelled into the blissful state of a true psychedelic experience. If you can breakthrough the threshold with mushrooms they have the power to propel you higher than MDMA alone can.

Of course if you just want an easy, absolutely guaranteed simple, happy time, straight MDMA would do it but if your willing to take a little risk and put yourself out there you just might get rewarded.... or get smashed around, go through hell, and then get rewarded after you worked through the hell ;)

Definitely it makes the experience more intense, but it also makes the shrooms much less....dark. The mdma (if it's the real deal) brings out the bright, happy, euphoric side of a deep trip. One of the BEST experiences of my tripping life was 3g of dried cubes and a single, high quality dose of mdma, FANTASTIC.

Yes, MDMA makes things more sparkly-happy. That's kind of what it does (I've never done MDMA or ecstacy pills, though) and darkness is just part of any insightful psychedelic experience, if that's where your mind seeks to go, if you ask me. Just like MDMA alone might be an escape from a tedious, hateful every day life, MDMA on psychedelics should be seen as an escape from the things you really need to deal with during the experience.

It all boils down to whether you've got a purely recreational view on psychedelic experiences or not. Personally I am sort of tied in between, but "feel-good" drugs in general strike me as pointless. I want to mold my mind into something I am pleased with, long-term. I do not fear drugs as means to this end, but happy-go-lucky drugs i prefer to deter.

I haven't done a combo either but have had them by themselves enough times.

Which would be a better experience in your opinion Mushrooms & MDMA or LSD & MDMA?

If you normally take 2 grams of Mushrooms alone. Then when you Hippyflip you should take 1-1.5 gram(s).

IME, the best thing with any "flip" combo (combining MDMA with another psychedelic), is to take 60-75% of the dosage you would normally consume; sometimes even less.

After your pills are guaranteed to be clean and tested (of MDMA without any adulterants [caffeine and vitamin c isn't really a big deal). You cut them in halves. Usually 3 pills gets me throughout the night.

Your best bet is to dose the Mushrooms, then 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours later, take one of the halves of MDMA. If you have six halves (3 pills), then you can space them out accordingly. Meaning you'll end up having about 7 peaks (esp if you combine N2O); one being from the Mushrooms and the others from each half of MDMA. Usually around the time where I reach my 3rd or 4th half of MDMA I like to re-dose the Mushrooms. Typically the same dosage I originally took; depending on you feel though you might take less or more :)

Also, keep some L-Theanine or Benzos on hand just in case (because of your anxiety factor).

my tripping has been affected a lot by increased anxiety over the past year and a half and on new years eve i tried this combo, mdma first and the mushrooms as the pills wore off and had a rather nasty high anxiety panic attack like thing happen. bad end to a great night. i was on piracetam though and it was one of the first times i'd tripped on a 'racetam. neither of the previous times were any more intense or even different than normal though.