• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] LSD & Benzo's

[Combo Subthread] LSD & Benzos

If on Acid, would a small dose of valium 10mg or so and maybe 1mg xanax help panic/"bad trips"?

next time use the search engine.

and yes it would help mellow the trip, but wouldnt "stop" the trip.
although i would advise if you do have a "bad" trip, just sit it out.
bad trips are there for a reason.

Yes, they do help bad trips, but not by a very significant margin. However, I stress that they *do* help; but it is of my opinion that there are no 'bad trips', just unpleasant experiences. Even the "bad trips" offer something positive and retentive afterwards.

^^That's a good way to put it, I have always used the term difficult experience. I have learned a great deal about myself and the world/universe during some of my most difficult experiences.
Anyway, yes benzo's will help to some degree, in that they will basically sedate you to the point of sleep or at least close to it. If you ever want to abort a trip, take a little more than you normally would to go to sleep or become inebriated and you should drift off. Make sure you have a trip-sitter or someone sober/trustworthy to administer the dose, as it is easy to make mistakes whilst tripping, especially in the midst of a difficult experience.
On a side-note, I find taking a small dose of xanax(2-4mg for me) along with LSD to smooth out the whole experience and let me concentrate on addressing personal issues. It is especially useful for high-dose experiences as the body-load can be quite distracting on a high dose of any psychedelic.
Cheers and be safe!

I once took 2 hits with 4 xan bars and it was the best trip I have ever had. And it was during Hurricane Dennis lots of fun

Benzos hours before a trip to stop anxiety?

I know Benzos kill a trip when taken during the trip, but I'm having some bad pre-trip anxiety, (I'm anxiety prone and am scripted clonopin), and was wondering if I could take one now, so that the peak plasma level will be lower when I'm tripping, but I will still get the anti-anxiety effects during the trip.

Thanks All.

To be honest, I would try and get some xanax, hold that on you, and take it IF needed. It's widely known that just having the xanax on your person, will eliminate the anxiety a lot, knowing you can help it when you need it.

If you are used to taking that kind of medication, it should not make too much of a difference as far as how you are affected by a psychedelic. I wouldn’t say benzodiazepines ‘kill’ psychedelic effects of, say LSD, but they certainly inhibit them.

I consider using benzos in conjunction with psychedelics ‘cheating’ and question why anyone would want to take (aside for aiding sleep after something very stimulating) a psychedelic, and then something on top of it that inhibits the effects.

But if you are diagnosed with clinical anxiety, and do legitimately need your medication, then you are definitely best off taking it. I’d just dose as your normally do. I doubt it will have any major effect on the trip.

Would anyone know if a benzo/entheogen combination would be a sought after experience as compared to just a psychedelic alone..?

(only reason i ask is that i've been told predosing with say valium actually made the trip stronger with much less anxiety as opposed to just aborting it, curious of general opinions)

Benzos do not cause the effects of a psychedelic to become stronger. Whoever told you that is mistaken. Benzos are CNS depressants. They inhibit the transmission of messages and signals from one synapse to the other. This will lessen the emotional impact of the psychedelic experience, and could actually cause amnesia if you take a high dosage of valium (or whatver.)

morninggloryseed said:
Benzos do not cause the effects of a psychedelic to become stronger. Whoever told you that is mistaken. Benzos are CNS depressants. They inhibit the transmission of messages and signals from one synapse to the other. This will lessen the emotional impact of the psychedelic experience, and could actually cause amnesia if you take a high dosage of valium (or whatver.)

completely true.

i have predosed with valium in the past and feel as though it might have taken away from the trip.

these days i like to keep a few around just in case but usually do not end up using themn at all.

Some information benzos + LSD

I just wanted to know if benzos anhilate, cancell ( don't know how to say it ) ur LSD trip ( u are normal , without any hallucinations ) or if the anxiety-killer effect of benzos stop the anxiety u feel in bad trips without fully stoping ur trip , I mean , ur trip continue but without anxiety

I ask that because I will soon take my first LSD trip and I'm wondering if it's possible to prevent from bad trips or to stop it if it's too hard to handle, I took many mushrooms trips and never had a bad trip but we can never know what can happen so....thx for ur presition

The best way to prevent bad trips is to not worry about having a bad trip and to not fight the drug. The best way to have a bad trip is to think about having a bad trip.

I know I'm not scared and I've never tough of bad trip before doing a trip and I know it's the worst thing to do , it's not for me but for a friend who is a little bit instable on mushies and who wants to try out lsd so I ask some informations about it in the case or his trip would morph into nightmare...My question is how works benzo's on a man who took LSD...Cancel the trip or just kill the anxiety ?

Thx

I always hear people say "dont fight the drug", but when I've had bad trips I don't ever recall "fighting" the drug. Can someone try to describe what this entails?

Unfortunately, the benzos will diminish the trip along with the anxiolytic effects. However, if you get the dose right, you should be able to kill the anxiety without blunting the trip by too much.

inotocracy said:
I always hear people say "dont fight the drug", but when I've had bad trips I don't ever recall "fighting" the drug. Can someone try to describe what this entails?

Trying to cling to reality, your sense of self, your sanity. Trying to cling to anything is fighting the drug. Utterly letting go is the best way to keep yourself from having a bad time.

I know I will be fine :) it's just in the case of I would need to end the trip , thx for ur answer 5-HT2 , I tought benzo's only cut down the anxiety and not the trip