• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] LSD & Benzo's

oh, and we'll be walking around the woods so our setting is going to be perfect

i was just wondering because my one friend told me that xanax will completely kill the trip so yeah /:

and yes aquabat, i wanna see crazy ass visuals....but still have the fucked up mindset...thats what i love about hallucinogens....how deep you can think is what i live for

yeah, just don't trip. Maybe you haven't caught on yet, but many of us hear on BL would just rather not even have visual distortions, that deep thinking you are avoiding is the only reason one should take psychedelics, psychedelics are not for recreation they are for entering and really contemplating the depths of ones mind.

You should have a want to explore your mind if you use psychedelics, otherwise you are going to fight of the urge to think and throw yourself into a bad trip because you are repressing thoughts instead of confronting them.

If you are not prepared to really and truly examine yourself, which may and almost certainly at some point include the feeling of death then DO not FUCK with PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS.

Hey, using psychedelics for recreation is completely fine. There's nothing wrong with that. Lots of people see psychedelics as some sort of holy grail and get offended when someone wants to take them just to have a good time.

Your reason for doing psychedelics doesn't really matter. The psychedelic experience gives you what you need, not what you want. If you need a "bad" trip, you get a "bad" trip, if you need a "good" trip, you get a "good" trip... ultimately, there are no good or bad trips. What matters is that you learn something from the experience.

I see no problem either with tripping for fun....thats why I do it. Its not like psychedelics have hidden information within them; your brain does though :) As Xanax is reltively short-lived, it is probabaly one of the better nezo's to use during a difficult come-up.

aquabat said:
I am getting sorta sick of seeing these should I use barbs for bad trip threads/what does of barbs should I take for a bad trip

He's talking about xanax BARS not barbiturates. :)

Anyhow, there are lotsa threads on these types of combo's, so I'm gonna shut this- but lets all be kind to each other people. Different strokes for different folks. PEACE <3

benzos before acid?

I have a pretty high benzo tolerance, and earlier today I took 2 10mg valiums and 1 2mg klonopin. Some friends wanted to trip acid tonight (tomorrow's labor day after all) and I was wondering if it would be a waste of money for me to take the acid because I took the benzos this afternoon. Any help from the pros?

-DC

If you have benzo tolerance, it might not hinder the trip. Do you feel the effects of the benzos you took? If not, go for the acid.

No, I didn't feel a thing. I was in a "blah mood" today, and benzos are honestly the only things that make me feel normal when I feel like this. Thanks for the advice! It's good acid, so I don't want to waste money (or the acid!) on a trip I won't feel.

-DC

You are still going to feel it. If you are feeling the benzo's it will hinder the trip somewhat. I recommend you try it on a day you consume no other drugs just to get a feel for it.

If you have a tolerance (no offense intended) or addiction it might be necessary to have small ammounts as not to induce any withdrawals (psych or physical) which might put you in a bad place for your trip. But my statement is sorta dependent on how often and how much benzos you use.

I've tripped (with benzo tolerance) with larger amounts of benzos in my system with no noticeable loss of effect. It really does depend totally on your tolerance. If that's not a large dose of benzos for you then you should be good to go. There'll probably be some loss of swirl but not enough to be a major concern. No idea what Labour Day is but have a good one anyway :)

North american holiday. 1st monday of september is always a holiday. The last long weekend of the summer. I have the day off tomorrow too. :)

What's the first Monday in September got to do with labour? Wiki's not working ;)

'Sokay. Was joking. Feel free to tell me if you don't mind a minor thread derailing but I'll look it up sometime anyway. Heard of it but never knew what it was is all :)

nothing wrong with a minor thread derail as long as it's informative and productive I guess. :D

Not sure what it has to do with labour but I think it has something to do with the fun of summer being done and now all we get to look forward to is crappy weather and work. It especially makes sense when you're in school because you've had the whole summer off and it's the last day before having to go back to school (labour). I'm not really too sure.

huh, just found it on wiki; seems to work now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labour_Day

Ah! May Day!

... in September.

Americans are odd but thanks for the explanation ;)

You should be fine with the benzos. I have taken massive doses of GHB when peaking on acid before thinking that it would make the trip more manageable, but I didn't even feel it. The only thing that happened was I started to walk like I was very drunk (as happens with GHB) but mentally I didn't feel it at all. Wish I could find some acid soon, I've tripped a few times this summer (2c-i a couple times and mushies) but no acid....YET!

Oh and it should be a lot like drinking before you trip, and I do that regularly. It does diminish the effect slightly, makes it slightly less visual. If you start off a trip already drunk and in a good mood, it can be a good way to start a trip in a relaxed, low anxiety state of mind.

cheers,
-Simstim

Last edited:
As our maple-lovin' colonial cousins seem to have the same bizarre tradition of shifting May Day to September you come under the broad umbrella term "North American" in this instance ;)

Your second point was never in question :D

PS: Bonus points for use of the word "sod" =D

Usually taking benzos makes the trip basically end? Thats usually why i take em at the end of my trips. save the benzo for after your trip

I find only pretty high dose benzos will actually end a trip - as in terminate it before it reaches its natural conclusion. Will dull it to a greater or lesser extent at even low doses unless tolerance is a factor though. I also often use benzos on the comedown itself - best time for them :)