• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] LSD & Benzo's

I find only pretty high dose benzos will actually end a trip - as in terminate it before it reaches its natural conclusion. Will dull it to a greater or lesser extent at even low doses unless tolerance is a factor though. I also often use benzos on the comedown itself - best time for them :)

Using benzos after the trip is definitely a great way to help end the trip and get into a headspace where one is capable of sleep. I can say from personal experience with other GABAergic drugs taken before or during the peak that they really won't affect the actual trip very much. They do have more of an impact on the way down because, as previously stated you are already coming down, just speeds up the process a bit.

I would never rule out tripping just because I had previously dosed on benzos earlier in the evening (and I have no real physical tolerance to benzos). Actually there is not much that would preclude me from considering tripping, hehehe

Cheers.

i take benzos everyday and it doesn't affect my psych trips... depends if on your tolerance to benzos.. but i doubt it will be a waste, yoou might just be a bit less energetic

if you have anxiety issues/are highly introverted etc. i think you're better off with the benzos as anxiety is a shitty set to be in for a trip.
if you're in a great set that day skip the benzos.

this past summer i had a great trip on LSD and a highish dose of alprazolam (4ish mg, it was powder alp so im not sure of the exact dose).

Obviously the alp took away all anxiety but didnt effect the intensity of the trip at all. It did make things a bit more confusing for me with bits of amnesia but the trip was incredibly fun.
I actually had great fun forgetting where i was or why i was there.
I still tripped properly hard for the dose i took even with the alprazolam.

This was at a festival.
I think dosing like this may be good for events like festivals where you dont exactly want a very deep trip but still would like to dose on the high side for recreatonal purposes.

i have a script for xanax. i keep a mg available if I feel the trip is getting too overwhelming for me to handle or if i am starting to almost feel like I am losing control. The xanax doesnt really knock the trio down it just makes me not care of what is going on at the point in time lol. but is handy in times

Sorry, just curious..

How would one aquire benzos, are they illegal? Are they perscription? What should I ask for when trying to aquire such a drug? I want for preventing a bad acid trip. *snip*

Last edited by a moderator:
Benzos are prescribed by physicians for anxiety and related disorders.

just wondering if 3.5 mg of clonazepam (note this was only a one time use) taken the day before wanting to drop some L (approx 12-18hrs before) will deminish effects? (as I understand the half life of clonazepam is quite long 18-50 hours, if i recall correctly)