• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] LSD & Benzo's

Can benzos cancel out LSD?!?

I just got 3 hits of paper acid, suppossedly good. I ate 1 1/2 hits. Its been a good 2 hrs and i dont feel shit. Could the reason im feeling nothing due to the fact that i've taken some klonopin, ativan and xanax today.

I ate the benzos a good 7-8 hrs ago. And not even large doses of them:
Klonopin 2mgs if even
Ativan 1mg
Xanax 0.50mgs

Lemme know if the benzos is why im not feeling anything or did this supossed friend just fuck me over!

According to a the LSD- From Crystal to Blotter thread at the the shroomery the DEA successfully used benzo's to override low doses of acid to try and infiltrate the supply networks, unfortunately for them that doesn't work when you have to eat a thumb-print :D

they use i.v. benzos to override the effects of a bad trip in the emergency rooms nowadays they used to use thorizine but that's some nasty shit and benzos work just as well, you can find info at erowid I'm sure. I really don't think they would sucessfully stop a trip 7-8 hours after injestion though, imo you either got really weak cid or completly bunk

Not sure about the efects of taking benzos before hand. I know taking xanax during helps overide.

Benzos can be used in high doses to induce sleep, or dope you up to the point where you are completely oblivious and noncomunicative. They will not, however, negate the effects of LSD, especially when used at a typical recreational dose.

Killarava, would you comment further on the governemnt thing?

go to the shroomery boards and under other drugs discussion (you have to register for the forum to be visable) look (or use the seach engine) for the thread called "LSD-Crystal to blotter" by chinacat72. It's a very informative post about the process of laying blotter and alot of other stuff reguarding how things USED to work in the family, since he is no longer involved with the distrubition of lsd.

Basically what killarava was talking about though is how agents would take heavy doses of benzos before injesting lsd, so they wouldn't get fucked up to much but will still appear to have taken the drug, to gain trust and work there way up the chain, and how at thumbprint levels no amount of benzos would help, they would be trippin there ass off reguardless, if you start getting to a position where if you were an agent you could actually bust a lab you would have been thumbprinted already.

I think Atlas hit it...I usually have .25 mg of alprazolam before a trip, just because I dislike the edginess of LSD....But I have taken as much as 30 mgs of midazolam during a trip and it did not counteract the hallucinatory effects of the acid,only made me sleepy....

funny, year or so ago i ate alot of rhyohpnol with lsd and mushrooms.,... i got massivley fucked up but braught back to reality? not in the slightest

Been there done that had a bad trip (like totally raving looneytune thought i was a superbeing) Cops, Ambulances scared neighbours and what not... Intramuscular valium stopped me but had to be administered twice while a police officer waited for me to stop resisting with his knee in my back and my face in the dirt...

Clonazepan is good for reducing the anxiety which could bring on a really bad trip... but large doses are required for complete sedation.

Why you would take benzos and LSD at the same time if you wanted to trip is beyond me.

Sounds to me like you got some bunk or poorly manufactured doses. I take clonazepam 1mg daily and it has never taken any effect away, but then again I have been on them for almost a year now. Unfortunatly, detection of LSD on paper isn't exactly easy, check erowid on that subject. My friends and I had a saying about acid - "all you can do is buy it and try it"

HA,HA,HA i don't care how much benzos you take it will not cancel out the effects of psychedelics now it may ease or even tone down the visuals and mental unease but it will not stop it or eliminate it.

on one of the trips i was talkin about i ate 6 Rohypnol and a buncha ps. cyans in mushroom tea, i couldent even speak english so said the bus driver lol
i ate mushrooms 3 days in a row at this point and even ate them 4 hrs before the tea,, alot of tea i was fucking goooone

ya 1 hit if laid properly even if its 25mics would fuck u up proper

""HA,HA,HA i don't care how much benzos you take it will not cancel out the effects of psychedelics now it may ease or even tone down the visuals and mental unease but it will not stop it or eliminate it.""

hehe like alc i beleive.

2000mics of lsd and a fifth of alc is great for disneyland ;)

i jumped a fence and i was on stage lol

nm long story:D

benzos DO NOT CANCEL OUT THE EFFETS OF LSD

hey there..

benzos such as xanax and valium can help to reduce the nasty symptoms of a bad trip.. but they dont help much.. and they certainly DO NOT cancel out LSD's effects...

Benzoa vs. LSD

I have had friends go into psychotic states while on 2c-e. Benzos alone (up to 6 mg xanax with 2.5mg Klonopin) were only partially effective in reducing the psychosis. 100mg of diphenhydramine were also administered p.o. This combination brought my friend back from what he described as 'Hell', where I was apparently percieved to be satan...weird. He came down after about 2.5 hours status post benzos and 5-HT2a antags.
Benzos will not completely eliminate 5-HT2a receptor activation per se, but activation of GABA A receptors by benzo, alcohol, barbs will hyperpolarize (thus inhibiting) the neural depolarization that 5-HT2a/2c receptor activation causes in the dorsal raphe nuclei part of the brain.
LSD and 2c-e are both 5-HT2a/c agonists. No one has actually performed the binding studies to confirm this with 2c-e yet, but for it to make you 'trip' in the LSD-like sense, both 5-HT2a/2c recptors must be stimulated to some degree.
Hope this helps --J

More

I forgot to add that diphenhydramine (benadryl) is a 5-HT2a anatagonist. It works to neutralize 5-HT2a/c activation by binding to 5-HT2a/c receptors and shifting the state of the receptors from the active R* state to the inactive R state. This means basically that it competes with LSD for binding at your brain's rather limited number of cortical 5-HT2a/c neurons.
Enough benadryl, remeron, meclizine, ketanserin WILL NULLIFY even the largest dose of LSD...although you may have to use alot.
But benzo's will reduce the subjective feeling of the trip. You may still be tripping, but it def won't be as hard as you were. No Doubt.
Later --J