Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 250-300mg is a good first dose for codeine, I have never really got much from less. You might notice slight relaxation or whatever but for a decent opiate buzz most people will need a dose similar to that I reckon.

Well obviously I wanna try something like codeine as precautiously as I can.
I haven't had painkillers since I had my wisdom teeth out about 2 years ago, so I wouldn't have any tolerance.
I think I may go something like 180-210mg next shot using the exact same method and settings as to avoid messing myself up.
Anything else I should watch out for or am I taking pretty reasonable steps? 8)

I think 250-300mg is a good first dose for codeine, I have never really got much from less. You might notice slight relaxation or whatever but for a decent opiate buzz most people will need a dose similar to that I reckon.

the first time i gave a mate 280mg and he was in heaven , was totally non tolerant though ...

to this day he calls it the paradise drink

I get very short tempered the following days after using codeine. Guess its due to being so relaxed then all of a sudden not.

i was just thinking that maybe youre getting some rebound anxiety or depression the days following your dose - another common occurance with opiates

When do u guys think tolerance dissapears completely? Sick of wasting codeine n oxys :(

When do u guys think tolerance dissapears completely? Sick of wasting codeine n oxys :(

Ditto that my brother.

I found that waiting 2 weeks between oxy doses seems to waste them far less. I generally don't wait that long for codeine though, OTC is win

Ok I'm preparing at 210mg dose, with 2 of the tablets being from an expired packet.
Hopefully all goes well

Ditto that my brother.

I found that waiting 2 weeks between oxy doses seems to waste them far less. I generally don't wait that long for codeine though, OTC is win

I was thinking to wait until it tolerance totally disappears. Anyone know how long it takes for it totally to be gone?

^ Not sure mate, I think leftwing can probably answer this better than I can but...

From personal experience it takes a while, I've taken a month off from codeine and don't think tolerance was completely gone, two months seemed to bring it right back down. However after that first dose, tolerance shoots right back up again, close to where it was before taking a break. I've heard similar things about other opiates too (in regards to tolerance going up really quickly again). Btw those breaks were going from reasonably heavy use, ~600mgs three or four times a week to nothing. Didn't get any withdrawals though which is nice. I imagine if you're using oxy 3 or 4 times a week you'd get wd's though!

^ Not sure mate, I think leftwing can probably answer this better than I can but...

we get a lot of questions about tolerance in OD and even after every point of argument it always comes back to this, as djsim puts so eloquently, as always;) lol from one of our more recent threads

djsim said:
Addiction progresses because of the acton of drugs on dopaminergic neural pathways which are normally associated with learning. Activation of these DA-ergic pathways has 2 physiological functions (from Kalivas 2008):
1. to facilitate initial learning of adaptive responding to important stimuli
2. to cue the retrieval of the information needed to execute the adaptive behavioral response when environmental circumstances predict that food is imminent

What this means is DA is released only when a behavior is being learned, or a learned behaviour needs to be 'cued' from environmental triggers. Think of it this way; we all eat pretty much at the same time every day out of habit (a cue by the time of day). But now think of when you're really hungry... eating feels great because DA has been released to reinforce the fact that we must eat to live. In other words, DA is not often released under everyday conditions.

But because drugs of addiction activate DA pathways every time, and do so very efficiently, use of these drugs essentially hijacks the learning systems we have to its own ends so that now the brain has learned that boiling water in a spoon then filtering and injecting is a very important stimuli; why? Because copious amounts of DA were released.

So how does this all fit in I'm sure you're wondering...?
My point is that repeated dosing is the problem for addiction, NOT physical addiction to a substance. If it were about the physical WDs then people would easily be able to detox from H w/ an ultra-rapid naltrexone detox, not would coke/amphetamine/etc be addictive. So clearly the issue is your brain learning to like the act of getting high.

Whilst time off for a few weeks won't be able to disrupt this learning process there is a way which should work... make your drug use so unpredictable and widely spaced that your brain can make no predictions. So if you always dose every third weekend, change that so your brain doesn't start learning to associate weekends with good feelings, b/c from there it's not much of a stretch for your brain to justify more frequent use.

so get your tolerance down to a minimum and your use to an unpredictable routine, while spacing use out enough to avoid any type of tolerance, and youre in the clear;) im sure you can all figure out a way to benefit from that:) its how you decide to use the information that counts.

1st time I had codeine I had zero opiate tolerance and ate 4 panadeine forte (120mg codeine). I was almost too high... light headed, itchy as fuck, had a feeling of anxiety.

Another time, also while my opiate tolerance was low I ate 10 panadeine forte (300mg codeine) (don't do this! its highly unhealthy for your kidneys/liver/stomach but I was a dumbass back then - always do a CWE). I was in the passenger seat of my friends car when it kicked in, I became VIOLENTLY itchy and told my friend he had to pull over because I needed to get out and walk and get fresh air as the feeling was really intense. He pulled over and I got out and tried to walk a few steps but it got so bad I actually fainted and hit my forehead on the road hard, came to.. tried to stand up with my friend trying to hold me up, but I passed out again smacking my forehead into the road once more. Eventually this passed and I did enjoy a very nice opiate high. But the moral of the story is, be very careful with dosing opiates with a low tolerance. It was very scary having my vision just go like that and blacking out and was also not fun trying to explain to my parents why I had two big bruises on my forehead.

Last edited:
1st time I had codeine I had zero opiate tolerance and ate 4 panadeine forte (120mg codeine). I was almost too high... light headed, itchy as fuck, had a feeling of anxiety.

Another time, also while my opiate tolerance was low I ate 10 panadeine forte (300mg codeine) (don't do this! its highly unhealthy for your kidneys/liver but I was a dumbass back then - always do a CWE). I was in the passenger seat of my friends car when it kicked in, I became VIOLENTLY itchy and told my friend he had to pull over because I needed to get out and walk and get fresh air as the feeling was really intense. Anyway it got so bad I actually fainted and hit my forehead on the road hard, came to.. tried to stand up with my friend trying to hold me up, but I passed out again smacking my forehead into the road once more. Eventually this passed and I did enjoy a very nice opiate high. But the moral of the story is, be very careful with dosing opiates with a low tolerance. It was very scary having my vision just go like that and blacking out.

Sounds like fun but then again not. Good advice u got there. Yea be careful dabbling in opiates without tolerance. Oh how i wish i was a virgin again, opiate virgin that is hahaha

Im on my 9th day without using opiates and planning to wait a week or so.

wow man, thats out of the normal reaction to codeine for the majority of people. i can think of one time when i swallowed the 20 codeine fortes without doing an extraction, was extremely high but had to endure one nasty stomach pain during the whole thing, i was itching like crazy and making myseld bleed at one stage im pretty sure. it was probably the highest ive ever been on codeine - i think it was having the apap and codeine together and not having eaten during the day and knowing my state back then some alcohol very may have been mixed:\ not advised one bit at all - i did everything wrong i could have.

im glad youre fine from your incident. another great example of why its advised to always have someone accompanying your while youre on opiates.

sustanon said:
Im on my 9th day without using opiates and planning to wait a week or so.

congrats, man! keep up the good work:)

wow man, thats out of the normal reaction to codeine for the majority of people. i can think of one time when i swallowed the 20 codeine fortes without doing an extraction, was extremely high but had to endure one nasty stomach pain during the whole thing, i was itching like crazy and making myseld bleed at one stage im pretty sure. it was probably the highest ive ever been on codeine - i think it was having the apap and codeine together and not having eaten during the day and knowing my state back then some alcohol very may have been mixed:\ not advised one bit at all - i did everything wrong i could have.

im glad youre fine from your incident. another great example of why its advised to always have someone accompanying your while youre on opiates.

Yeah that 1st time I actually ended up having to take some xanax from the anxiety-type reaction (only time its ever happened). Was probably all in my head and not actually the codeine. I suffer from anxiety anyway so that probably had something to do with it.

The 2nd time, your right, was very lucky my mate was there with me to stop me from hitting the ground too hard when I kept fainting. I should add I took them on an empty stomach which usually makes a huge difference.

I've scratched myself until I've bled also, have a few scars on my ankles from back in the early days. I never got that extreme itchiness from oxy, but I always got it with codeine (these days not so much). Just eating the pills always seemed to be much more intense then doing a CWE, but I learnt the hard way and got 2 peptic ulcers in my stomach from too much ibuprofen. Always do a CWE peeps, I generally use the codeine/ibuprofen mixtures over the codeine/paracetamol mixtures as I hear paracetamol can be more toxic to the liver in higher doses then ibuprofen.

Its really weird that u guys get so itchy. Does it effect everyone differently? Massive doses of oxy + codeine combined only gave me slight itchiness that was under control. Really weird how everyone reacts different.

i rarely get itchy unless ive really taken a much larger dose than i usually take to get high - probably 5 times high than most recreational doses when im really feeling greedy. it seems to happen mainly when ive taken a combination of opiates as well. its easily controlled with promethazine in my case

^ So you don't get a ceiling effect at all? Or do the effects increase slowly after a certain dose, say 600mg or whatever?

Oh, and in relation to tolerance, is there any reason why it shoots back up so quickly after using again? Is it just to do with that behaviour already having been learned?

Ill let u guys know how i am going with my tolerance tonight:) Havnt touched opiates since 11 days. Mmmm that warm fuzzy feeling combined with my fav tv shows hehe

^ So you don't get a ceiling effect at all? Or do the effects increase slowly after a certain dose, say 600mg or whatever?

sorry i lied, i do get itchy, but not to the extent where it becomes a problem an i need an anti-histamine, most of the time anyway. i should have stated this was with all opiates, i wasnt just relating it to codeine. im sure id get the ceiling effect with codeine, but ive never really pushed it too far beyond 600mg in one dose. i fall in and out easily with the likability of codeine, sometimes it does it for me, most of the time it doesnt.

i generally use codeine for breakthrough pain when ive got nothing else and the pain becomes a problem to me. or when im wding and stabilising back on my usual prescribed dose of opiates.

Oh, and in relation to tolerance, is there any reason why it shoots back up so quickly after using again? Is it just to do with that behaviour already having been learned?

basically yes. its kind of like when you start walking over and over the same path through some unbeatten field. eventually youre going to learn that path without having to guide yourself and youre going to have a well worn-in path.

youve learnt the effect of these doses in the past and it becomes easier to repeat the behaviour each time, and takes a lesser amount of time to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.