Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
just wondering,

in Aus, do you need to be 18+ to purchase codeine containing products?

or just have a good excuse for buying them and decent look

edit: just for reference, i can buy robitussin dx pretty easily from chemists around me...

Last edited:
Any kid can buy nurofen plus etc, in 24 packs. Large sizes I'm not sure, they might ask you for a reason.
Anyone can buy robitussin here as well.

Last edited:
youve learnt the effect of these doses in the past and it becomes easier to repeat the behaviour each time, and takes a lesser amount of time to remember.

Makes sense. Bah, I think I'm pretty much done with codeine; even if I take a long break then do 600mg+ I don't get much effect. Not dicksizing in any way (it's hard to dicksize with a prodrug :p), just disappointed that the magic seems to be gone for good. Oh well, was enjoyable while it lasted, and fun to learn about all things codeine :)

Makes sense. Bah, I think I'm pretty much done with codeine; even if I take a long break then do 600mg+ I don't get much effect. Not dicksizing in any way (it's hard to dicksize with a prodrug :p), just disappointed that the magic seems to be gone for good. Oh well, was enjoyable while it lasted, and fun to learn about all things codeine :)

Shame u dont get the magic effects anymore. I took 11 days off and ive never been so wasted in my life on opiates from oxy+codeine. Was so sick at the end of it. Kinda put me off but was really nice feeling:)

it seems to be a common thing with codeine abuse. once you build up that tolerance its hard to shake no matter how long you wait. even if you get it down low, its where you left last time in a matter of a few highs.

i had a good run with codeine a few months back but it is useless recreational wise now. its an underated opiate imo, like tramadol. the come up is so reminiscent of morphine -my fav opiate - which is probably why i have a soft spot for it.

Shame u dont get the magic effects anymore. I took 11 days off and ive never been so wasted in my life on opiates from oxy+codeine. Was so sick at the end of it. Kinda put me off but was really nice feeling:)

Well oxy would be a different story... Haven't used oxy for about 18 months now and doubt codeine tolerance would make a difference :)
Glad to hear your break went ok and that you had the discipline to do it with oxy's sitting there!

it seems to be a common thing with codeine abuse. once you build up that tolerance its hard to shake no matter how long you wait. even if you get it down low, its where you left last time in a matter of a few highs.

i had a good run with codeine a few months back but it is useless recreational wise now. its an underated opiate imo, like tramadol. the come up is so reminiscent of morphine -my fav opiate - which is probably why i have a soft spot for it.

Yes it's kind of a shame... oh to be an extensive metaboliser!

Tramadol combo meds are OTC in Spain so tried some there recently, actually wasn't that impressed. Perhaps from cross tolerance or whatever; also the seizure risk made it feel a bit dodgy.

Yes it's kind of a shame... oh to be an extensive metaboliser!

i know:(

Tramadol combo meds are OTC in Spain so tried some there recently, actually wasn't that impressed. Perhaps from cross tolerance or whatever; also the seizure risk made it feel a bit dodgy.

its probably worth giving another shot if you were inclined. it can take getting used to like other opiates. i know i always warn about the seizure risk on tramadol but personally think theres too much emphasis around that. a therapeutic dose of a benzo will always be of good help.

did my first CWE last night,

used 24 "pharmacy choice" codeine 10mg para 500mg

i just dissolved most of the pils in 70ml of water, added an icecube and waited for that to dissolve,

then filtered once with old boardies, ended up with quite a clear solution, then i squeezed the boardies to get the rest of the codeinated water out and some paracetomol got through, clouding up my solution again,

i filtered once more with 2 paper towels, then drank the solution,

took about 1.5 hrs to reach peak effects but id contribute that to the dinner i had not long before.

i smoked some weed about 1hr in because i thought the extraction didnt work very well, this really kicked up the codeine and i was left in warm and fuzzy land for a bit over 2 hours, i remember nodding a few times aswell, or atleast i think thats what it was, my eyes just closed slowly, then i would wake up 5 minutes later listening to a new song or something,

overall a great experience, will be repeating (Y)

its probably worth giving another shot if you were inclined. it can take getting used to like other opiates. i know i always warn about the seizure risk on tramadol but personally think theres too much emphasis around that. a therapeutic dose of a benzo will always be of good help.

Unfortunately I'm back in Oz now so don't have OTC access to tramadol to give it another shot. I know what you mean though, it took me a while to 'get' codeine.

Benzos is a problem as well... tbh if I was going to the trouble to get my hands on tramadol and benzos, I might as well try and cop some oxy's. So yeah not worth the hassle. Sticking with other OTC's atm :)

watch it guys

CWE codeine, that was fun for a few times.
I started there.. ...thought i was such a chemist, then i reached 400mg of codeine (ceiling dose) and formed a tolerance...

So then it was 200mls (600mg) of DXM daily, not to mention the random other meds i was taking...

Got into deliriants, ANYTHING otc i could...

THEN i used my naturally manipulative nature to get script after script of benzos, pain killers and what do ya know, my doc has a syringe swap program.

Of course... then the herroin and meth...

... and now im running around in circles on my floor with restless leg syndrome trying not to kill the person i love or myself. I just keep thinkin back to me and my friend stebie doin some home chem.

Tread carefully peeps please.

"Im not like that dude ide never get carried away"
:X:|:(

A good reminder, but if one drug can be a gateway, then they all can be: alcohol, weed, cigarettes... I'm by no means recommending drug use or saying that you'll be able to limit yourself to occasional use of one drug, but the vast majority of weed users (for example) don't go on to heroin use, and I'd say the same would apply for codeine users. If you do have any doubts about your ability to control your drug use, the easiest place to stop is before you start, though...

A good reminder, but if one drug can be a gateway, then they all can be: alcohol, weed, cigarettes... I'm by no means recommending drug use or saying that you'll be able to limit yourself to occasional use of one drug, but the vast majority of weed users (for example) don't go on to heroin use, and I'd say the same would apply for codeine users. If you do have any doubts about your ability to control your drug use, the easiest place to stop is before you start, though...

Few months after i tried codeine i started using H and oxys lol

Im lucky as i dont have an addictive personality. I usually change my drug of choice around every week or so. Kinda bored with opiates now.

thats coz weed doesnt get converted to MORPHINE in ur body. as does codeine, DXM has opiate like effects itself, benzos and painkillers are like brothers and sisters....

Good point tho, it was always cigs, then alc then weed before what followd

Anyone had any luck with normal Panadeine (8mg codeine, 500mg paracetamol) CWE??

thats coz weed doesnt get converted to MORPHINE in ur body. as does codeine, DXM has opiate like effects itself, benzos and painkillers are like brothers and sisters....

Good point tho, it was always cigs, then alc then weed before what followd

Why does it matter that codeine is (partially) converted to morphine in the body? The gateway theory doesn't hold up anyway.

Anyone had any luck with normal Panadeine (8mg codeine, 500mg paracetamol) CWE??

Never tried it; generally too expensive. I've heard they are pretty gluggly though, might want to use 3.5-4ml water/tab.

Yeh thats what i was hooked on, use enough pills to get 400mg codeine,
room temp water ( half a glass), no need to crush it, it dissolves before ur eyes, once mixed chuk in the fridge for 30 mins, u will see it seperate. Dont agitate it out o curiosity.
Then use a coffee filter. drink the ALMOST clear liquid....
throw away the panadol gunk.
remember u cant get higher than 400mg of codeine coz of liver ceiling.
its a high dose tho, not for the inexperienced.
i heard a rumor that 10% of codeine converts into morphine by ur lliver.
any know much more about that?

Remember not to take anything that will hinder you CYP2d4 pathways (liver)
I hear certain antacids taken before ur dose increase absorption.
I used to drink the codeine water followed by an isotonic sports drink to help it through ur stomach lining.

please feel free to correct me on anything here guys, its been a while.
PM if u must Giraffe

Why does it matter that codeine is (partially) converted to morphine in the body? The gateway theory doesn't hold up anyway.

Never tried it; generally too expensive. I've heard they are pretty gluggly though, might want to use 3.5-4ml water/tab.

i was comparing the gateway theory between weed and an opiate
%)

I can see how it could gateway to harder opiates.

For me it was the counter gateway however. Although im a Codeine addict it may in fact be a blessing in disguise. See iv tried a whole range of drugs and things like Ice that many people find highly addictive and id never found any drug habbit forming. This I guess you could say gave me a false sense of security and made me cocky so I figured I would be able to dabble with Heroin, Oxycodone and the like and I would be able to control myself. However I had no access to these drugs but found the this thread and decided to give it a go. It was "yeah its alrite I spose, can't see how anyone could get addicted to it though" so I only used it every now and then just for something to do to spare time. After a few times I began to appriciate the effects more and found it a fantastic hangover cure so I started useing it when I was hung over and friday afternoons as a good way to start the weekend.

I did this for about a year and a half, only useing on weekends and seemed that no habbit was forming as a result. However there's always a twist and im guessing plenty of junkies have started this way. Special occasions and shit days. Things like Birthdays or christmas. Then the idea of a special occasion slowly got a bit more broad until I saw alot of things as a special occasions and reason to use. Each special day I didn't realise was building an addiction and I didn't notice that the I was making more reasons to use because I was starting to crave the drug. When I started useing every day after about 2 weeks I was like "hold on here, this is an addiction". There was no lieing to myself at this point. I was thinking about it alot and I made the snap decision to lable myself as an addict and then try and disprove that. I couldn't. Im glad I did it this way as I was never lieing to myself. I say, if you get the runs if you cease opiate use for 2days then your an addict.

I relised just how much I loved Codeine from this. It was beautiful and an addiction is in reality falling in love with a drug. You think about it when its not around and feel bad when youve not been with your love in a while. And of all things Codeine? One of the weaker Opiates. I made the vow never to try harder opiates. Since then a few times harder opiates have have been before me, oxy heroin and tramadol and I turned them all down. I was tempted as the oxy and tramadol was free but I stuck by my vow.

So how I feel about my addiction im not sure. If id never tried Codeine or used it less I may very well be a Heroin addict right now. I can support a Codeine habbit with heaps of cash left over to live with so I live a normal life. I couldn't do this with heroin however. Blessing in disguise, maybe I should be grateful im only a Codeine addicts.

And hey lets face it, realitively a Codeine addiction is pretty pethetic. Makes me pretty weak and since my life is going well I quite enjoy my beer and codeine after work. Still gota quit though. Might give it a shot after chrissy holidays as I found I tend to increase use on holidays.

Silly question from a silly person...

Perhaps I'm so behind the times here - and there's a good chance of that - but I would like to know whether or not Nurofen Plus is still splittable, or would I just be better off doing a CWE?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.