• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can your high permanently be blocked due to antipsychotics? Or does it just take a long time in some instances to “recover”?

Yooo @dirtydiana23 i finally decided to try weed after a 6-7 month break, Im 6 months off the invega sustenna injections I ate 4 edible gummies it was only 40mg of THC but my tolerance is basically completely gone cause I took such a long break I got stoned asf with relaxation and euphoria it basically felt like pre anti psychotics I’d say my high is 90% back Ik for a fact it’ll be 100% back soon.

Yooo @dirtydiana23 i finally decided to try weed after a 6-7 month break, Im 6 months off the invega sustenna injections I ate 4 edible gummies it was only 40mg of THC but my tolerance is basically completely gone cause I took such a long break I got stoned asf with relaxation and euphoria it basically felt like pre anti psychotics I’d say my high is 90% back Ik for a fact it’ll be 100% back soon.
Damn that’s great news my friend! I need to reread our convo because I didn’t realize you were practically in the same boat (or were) but that’s really good to know. You have some hella willpower being able to go that long haha

Th
Damn that’s great news my friend! I need to reread our convo because I didn’t realize you were practically in the same boat (or were) but that’s really good to know. You have some hella willpower being able to go that long haha
Thats what up tho bro he’ll yeah!!

fuck yeah I also feel like I don’t crave it at all and I took it 5 days ago I was definitely addicted to weed a while back but with weed all you need is a long break and it completely resets your tolerance now that my tolerance is back to what a beginners is I’d like to keep it that way it’s fun getting super high on such a small amount and it’s not as harsh on my pockets yk ima use weed once a week at the most.

This upcoming Saturday I was gonna take LSD and smoke weed on the come up.

fuck yeah I also feel like I don’t crave it at all and I took it 5 days ago I was definitely addicted to weed a while back but with weed all you need is a long break and it completely resets your tolerance now that my tolerance is back to what a beginners is I’d like to keep it that way it’s fun getting super high on such a small amount and it’s not as harsh on my pockets yk ima use weed once a week at the most.
Hey @dirtydiana23, I'm going to combine your two threads since they are essentially asking the same question.
Thanks! I got all the info I needed on this topic thanks to you guys.

Were you completely unable to get stoned around 6 months ago? Or was it lsd you weren’t feeling, sorry man I can’t remember

Were you completely unable to get stoned around 6 months ago? Or was it lsd you weren’t feeling, sorry man I can’t remember
Well I never took lsd or weed 6 months ago I was in a mental ward for medication management this was a different mental ward then the first one I got sent too for psychosis, the side effects I had from invega sustenna and other meds were brutal they tried giving me Xanax to calm me down but I didn’t feel shit at all I was able to get semi high 3.5 months off the injections then get high like before 5 months off.

Alright man thanks for letting me know I was just curious. Take care I had a good time talking with you, I’ll be sure to remember to come back to this thread when I heal, if I do.
Well I never took lsd or weed 6 months ago I was in a mental ward for medication management this was a different mental ward then the first one I got sent too for psychosis, the side effects I had from invega sustenna and other meds were brutal they tried giving me Xanax to calm me down but I didn’t feel shit at all I was able to get semi high 3.5 months off the injections then get high like before 5 months off.

Basically after taking abilify for a couple months I’ve been unable to get stoned since. And can’t feel nicotine or caffeine either, am I fucked for life now?? This will be my last post on here hopefully I don’t want to best a dead horse but I was looking for a personal story or two if there are any. Seeing as 99% of people have no changes to their weed tolerance and it usually has the opposite effect I’m having I feel I’m in the bottom 1% club, and it makes it extremely difficult to find any piece of info on this. Also if you’ve had this problem with another antipsychotic please share!
I've been on abilify for about a year and a half, and so far I've noticed it has ruined:
LSD
Shrooms
DMT
Cocaine
Caffeine
Dilaudid
Morphine
Ketamine

Those are the only drugs I have tried.. all blunted if not completely useless. Cannabis still effects me.

Yeah I tried taking 8gs of penis envy mushrooms in December and had mild effects for maybe 20 mins an hour after ingesting. Idk about acid though can’t get my hands on it quite frankly, but I’d guess I’m nowhere near being able to trip anytime soon but I’m fine with that I just want to feel weed again. Also I should probably mention that I’m starting to feel weed just a little bit, maybe around 10-15% of what a normal high experience is like. If that makes any sense. This is a new thing that’s been going on for about a week now, and it’s definitely a big deal to me. But I’m still not able to get high or baked or anything of that nature, but I can feel it subtly creeping back, but like a said I’m only getting a small portion of the full effect.. this is a new thing that’s been occurring idk if it’s in my head or if it’ll improve or stay the same for awhile but I wasn’t having any of these thoughts a month or two ago.
How long were you able to feel it after your last dose and what meds was it?

I was on abilify for approximately 3 months and haven’t been able to get high since. This was from may-July of 2022. Is this thing like permanent to a degree? Nobody on the internet seems to know and I’d love to be proven wrong but at this point I’ve pretty much written off weed for life, which sucks because it was my favorite thing in the world, sadly.
are you still unable to get high?

Alright thanks for the clarification, I also took olanzapine for several months a few years ago and it didn’t effect my high whatsoever. This gives me tremendous amounts of hope! Thanks again
do your highs give you euphoria?

Antipsychotics temporarily make me unable to get high from psychedelics (LSD, shrooms) and dissociatives (ketamine). Oh, and also MDMA. As for everything else (nic, coffee, weed, opioids), it's still the same.

About a month after stopping antipsychotics I'll be able to get high from them again.

To clarify, when I do psychedelics i still feel a little bit of something, but it's not recreational. I don't know a good way of putting it, it's like the trips are extremely suppressed.

Do you feel anything when you smoke?
So because of antipsychotics you cant really have full, satisfactory trips anymore?

Really the main reason I thought it might be forever is because I couldn’t find hardly anything to support the idea that it won’t be. And I tend to think the universe likes fucking me and with my luck, once the weed gets taken away, it’ll likely never come back. I’m a glass half empty kind of guy I suppose, but after reading dozens of stories I’m confident it’ll probably return this year. I was going off the 1 or two horrible stories about ppl who took antipsychotics for a very brief time and said they haven’t got high since, I’ve learned these stories and the people who share them can’t be trusted.
are you talking about the howdylu girl on reddit, who can't get high six years after taking olanzapine?