• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can your high permanently be blocked due to antipsychotics? Or does it just take a long time in some instances to “recover”?

Kratom totally caused me to lose hair! That's not a myth, it does happen. It also shot my prolactin level through the roof. I'm a girl.
Ok I'll give you that. So now I am curious as to your future smokes and trips after olanzapine. Hopefully the highs do come back. I'll keep the faith for you!

I think possibly some anesthesia can effect hair I believe, at least texture.

I thought olanzapine was difficult to just stop? I imagine a taper is needed.

Ok I'll give you that. So now I am curious as to your future smokes and trips after olanzapine. Hopefully the highs do come back. I'll keep the faith for you!

Some people stop super easily, for others it's unbelievably hard. I'm on a tiny fraction of a pill now.
Thanks, I'll report back eventually! I'm super THC sensitive, so I'd be surprised if I couldn't get high. Like I would get too stoned to ever smoke casually with people, it had to be perfect setting etc. But mushrooms are my fave drug in the whole world and I'd be griefstricken if olanzapine affected that...

Some people stop super easily, for others it's unbelievably hard. I'm on a tiny fraction of a pill now.
Thanks, I'll report back eventually! I'm super THC sensitive, so I'd be surprised if I couldn't get high. Like I would get too stoned to ever smoke casually with people, it had to be perfect setting etc. But mushrooms are my fave drug in the whole world and I'd be griefstricken if olanzapine affected that...
are you unable to get stoned??

are you unable to get stoned??
I have no reason to see why I cant get stoned. I tried mushrooms once while on 5g olanz, and it had no effect, but i didn't realize the blockade at the time. i have no reason to believe i won't be able to once being off of it for a very long time. it just worries me is all. these drugs are entheogens, they open your soul & spirit, and it's very sad to think that your soul can be shut down with a psych drug.

I have no reason to see why I cant get stoned. I tried mushrooms once while on 5g olanz, and it had no effect, but i didn't realize the blockade at the time. i have no reason to believe i won't be able to once being off of it for a very long time. it just worries me is all. these drugs are entheogens, they open your soul & spirit, and it's very sad to think that your soul can be shut down with a psych drug.
I'm sorry for that, I wouldn't worry about that girl from reddit she seems like a bit of basket case and there's always more to the story. But her story haunts me just as much as well and she took olanzapine not abilify but either way it still haunts me because they're both antipsychs, but like i said she can't be trusted, there's a lot of quacks on the internet.

Yeah that's one of the stories I've found. One other from a lady who's currently still on an antipsychotic so i disregard her story, why do you ask?
I asked because I took that one but I can say I can get high now maybe not as high but I read the more you smoke the less the risperdal has its effectiveness in the body so I’ve been smoking a lot to take all that bad stuff out my body I had anhedonia for a month or two after quitting after taking it for like 2 months after 8 months I can finally say that I can feel both over the counter and prescribed drugs and weed and everything else to a lesser extent but now I know for sure it does get better and it does heal over time and not all the effect of risperidone are permanent in the body I’m sure some are but that specific effect of it isn’t.

The person who started this thread is unable to get high off of weed after a very short period of taking abilify (3 months I think). I'm personally interested in these stories because I am on olanzapine and trying to get off, and I have been unable to find any evidence that the blockade of serotonin or dopamine goes away other than peoples' anecdotal stories. Stories of people unable to get high, and unable to get euphoria from drugs like shrooms, point to their brains' pleasure pathways having been permanently altered and that scares the fucking shit out of me. To be honest, I'm obsessed. I'm still getting off of olanzapine so haven't attempted to trip yet. Thanks for your reassuring words.
It gets better after like 6 months give or take another 6

It does!

I asked because I took that one but I can say I can get high now maybe not as high but I read the more you smoke the less the risperdal has its effectiveness in the body so I’ve been smoking a lot to take all that bad stuff out my body I had anhedonia for a month or two after quitting after taking it for like 2 months after 8 months I can finally say that I can feel both over the counter and prescribed drugs and weed and everything else to a lesser extent but now I know for sure it does get better and it does heal over time and not all the effect of risperidone are permanent in the body I’m sure some are but that specific effect of it isn’t.
Hey, what antipsychotic were you on, what dose, and for how long?

I have been on the maximum dose of Abilify pills (30mg) for over a dozen years and never had trouble getting high from cannabis while on the medication. I quit smoking daily a year and a half ago due to my living situation so only smoking once every 2 weeks or so has caused my tolerance to drop a lot. Now I have to smoke waaaaayy less than I once did to get a buzz unless I want to induce a panic attack.

And I will echo what @Darksidesam said in that cannabis has been known to increase the likelihood of psychotic episodes in those at risk of having them. So if you do believe Abilfy caused this and are tapered off, please practice smoking in moderation until you can safely gauge your tolerance.

Like @Snafu in the Void stated, I don't think an AP like Abilify can permanently block a drug, especially not cannabis.

Do you mind if I ask what you have been smoking? The reason I bring this up is sometimes people start smoking concentrates like wax/dab and their tolerance goes up so high that flower stops working until they quit the concentrates.
are you able to get high off of other drugs, like shrooms (if you do them)? if so are the highs euphoric, with visuals?

Antipsychotics temporarily make me unable to get high from psychedelics (LSD, shrooms) and dissociatives (ketamine). Oh, and also MDMA. As for everything else (nic, coffee, weed, opioids), it's still the same.

About a month after stopping antipsychotics I'll be able to get high from them again.

To clarify, when I do psychedelics i still feel a little bit of something, but it's not recreational. I don't know a good way of putting it, it's like the trips are extremely suppressed.

Do you feel anything when you smoke?
what antipsychotics are you on and what dose?

If someone has their cocaine high blocked by an antipsychotic, will they still experience the increased heart rate?

Marijuana I had always been able to get the full effect when on an AP.

As for other drugs, it felt as though those that work on dopamine were a bit blunted, but I don't know for sure. Seemed stronger not on an AP

If ... antipsychotic ...

Correct me if necessary, but...

1st) use of an antipsychotic all by itself can be reasonably expected to imply that you're already acting under medical (profe$$ionally-endor$ed) advice, hence i've got to wonder why even raise the matter right here, not to mention it's about cocaine anyway?!!

2nd Besides this CANNABIS-dedicated forum being doomed IMHO only micro-dosing would make some fair sense and i'd think much more of LSD than cocaine - which is ONLY meant as a personal OPINION. E.G. this ain't in NO way any sort of medical advice or else, except i must consider you didn't exactly obtain antipsychotics in a conventional medical procedure...

3rd) My guide-line here would be to « Follow the Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation », disqualifying antipsychotic and cocaine implicitely as both happen to be transformation produ¢t$, additionally involving potential VILIFICATION / VILAINIZATION at all these steps:

1. Neuro-plasticity;
  2. Contaminants;
  3. Consumption Method & Ritual;
  4. Socio-toxic 3rd-party interference

Basically, it's an error to expect cannabis users to provide the type of advice requested in a thread gone silent 7 months ago. While i presume the original poster was only discussing antipsychotics applied to a CANNABIS context, i'm not even going to check having some perplex feeling trying to determine how genuine your justification actually is when posting such content in here, on Christmass exactly...

Or maybe it's nothing but the holyday$ $pirit that brought you around, so we can all reply what nacy Reagan use to reply: « Ju$t $ay NO! », euh... Been good bu$ine$$ for de¢ade$, lets try again: no, prohibition ain't proven wrong yet; it only takes a decade more or 2. Generations at most.

Next new year's eve: may we all enjoy a long life of pro$perity!!

Oh! Oh! Oh! Wish us all lot$ of money falling from the $ky in 2024!! Piles of ¢a$h, to $pend on $y$temi¢ abuse amplified with multi-toxi¢omany, or the new job around: influen¢er$, hired by the $¢ientology $e¢t i gue$$.

Happy new year! 🎅