• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

British Man, 21, Faces Death Sentence In United Arab Emirates

I honestly don't know a single pensioner who doesn't claim what they're entitled to. Among the pensioners I know there is a severe entitlement complex and belief that the young owe them a lot - even though they treated their elderly like shit when they were young AND there were far fewer of them.

You must know some pretty noxious pensioners. Relatives by any chance?

The only pensioner I've ever really known well enough to know how he felt about things like this was my grandpa. He certainly didn't think like that. As far as he was concerned no-one owed him a penny, he would pretty much refuse to claim anything. He'd have thrown a cheque for something like winter heating allowance (or whatever it's called) in the bin, he worked till he was physically unable to & even then he (incorrectly) felt like a cunt for receiving a pension - as he saw it as money for nothing, despite the fact the he'd been paying into it for a good portion of his life. As far as he was concerned you do a week's work for a week's pay, if you don't then you starve.

My ex-neighbour and now friend is 92. She and her peers all cared for their elderly. She's very canny and switched on and she's always telling me (tutting) about Fred won't apply for this, and Lottie who won't apply for that. Millions goes unclaimed every year be if from pride or ignorance, young or old.

My friends father's 75 & disabled and could apply for a blue badge but he won't even do that

Maybe this is what they mean about Tories not being in touch with the real world.

Because he knows it gets your knickers in a knot. You nearly blew a gasket last time, it was funny.

Notice how I don't give a fuck anymore? I was totally out of my tree that day lol.

You must know some pretty noxious pensioners. Relatives by any chance?

Well just look at how pensioners vote. Every government has to cosy upto them by offering them more money in various ways. Care to actually put an argument forward? Didn't think so. After all Baldric didn't elaborate on his argument enough for you to copy it further :)

Have you deleted my medical records yet? Only lI've got an appt with me consultant in a few days, so could do with them intact.

Well just look at how pensioners vote. Every government has to cosy upto them by offering them more money in various ways. Care to actually put an argument forward?

My arguement is, as you've just ably demonstrated, is that you always use statistics to support your arguments rather than what people are actually saying and thinking.

My arguement is, as you've just ably demonstrated, is that you always use statistics to support your arguments rather than what people are actually saying and thinking.

Yeah you're right we should just base our opinions on the small samples of pensioners we've each met. That's obviously the way to make all encompassing statements about issues, isn't it? I already used real life examples, saying the pensioners that I have met are generally very entitled. That's useless to you because you've met different pensioners. You can't say something about pensioners in general based on the few you know. It's like me meeting 3 black people who sell drugs, and saying all black people are drug dealers. It's stupidity.

I know more than a handful of pensioners. I used to do house calls and spent many a Christmas day on a geriatric ward. I am confident that many pensioners don't claim what they're entitled to. Lets just agree to disagree then.

I have worked from one end of the NHS to the other and dealt with a lot of pensioners in that role too. Plus I go to church regularly, which is packed to the brim with pensioners. It's still a redundant sample either way because there are millions of them, all in different locations with different backgrounds. Maybe if you knew 1000 pensioners, from different classes, in different locations, and you had spoken to each of them in a reasonably detailed fashion about their beliefs and what they claim, then you'd have a point. But somehow I doubt it. So, are we going to look at how they vote and what will win their vote? Or shall we just bicker over our different experiences of pensioners?

eh. you know that salty bile taste you get in your mouth before you're about to puke? This ignorance about old people generally feeling 'entitled' is having the same effect

Old people want what's fair, and what they need to be able to manage life.

For 20 years my mother didn't claim a carers allowance for my sister because she saw it as her job. she could be registered herself as disabled but thinks that means she'll lose her independence, despite her being dependent already

Nonsense

Yeah you're right we should just base our opinions on the small samples of pensioners we've each met. That's obviously the way to make all encompassing statements about issues, isn't it? I already used real life examples, saying the pensioners that I have met are generally very entitled. That's useless to you because you've met different pensioners. You can't say something about pensioners in general based on the few you know. It's like me meeting 3 black people who sell drugs, and saying all black people are drug dealers. It's stupidity.
Indeed. so let's base it on the opinions of a larger group of people's opinions, and not just yours.

in fact, this thread will do. and I think if you do a quick reccy, you'll find that you're in the minority.

whatever happened between you and your family, it created a bitterness I haven't seen since my own when I was your age. I hope you grow out of yours eventually, like I did mine.

B&W, can I have your autograph?

I'm getting all fanboy, like. You should nip that shit in the bud. ;)

Right... so 1 in 8 pensioners isn't drawing their pension. That's 7/8 who are. Is that 1 in 8 all people who are turning it down on principle, or are at least some of them well off enough that they feel they don't need it or people who have a decent pension already? The other figures suggest those pensioners don't know that they are entitled to those benefits or credits. Either way 1 in 8 isn't enough people to prove anything you are saying. There's still 87.5% of pensioners who are claiming, so for me to be more correct than you only more than 12.5% of those need to have entitlement complexes.

The government is spending 129.3 billion on pensioners this year (excluding their cost to the NHS). That's more than welfare, more than education, more than the NHS, and more than defense. Yet you think you've proven your point because 4.3% went unclaimed? Alright then... http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/total_spending_2012UKbn

eh. you know that salty bile taste you get in your mouth before you're about to puke? This ignorance about old people generally feeling 'entitled' is having the same effect

Old people want what's fair, and what they need to be able to manage life.

For 20 years my mother didn't claim a carers allowance for my sister because she saw it as her job. she could be registered herself as disabled but thinks that means she'll lose her independence, despite her being dependent already

Nonsense

Indeed. so let's base it on the opinions of a larger group of people's opinions, and not just yours.

in fact, this thread will do. and I think if you do a quick reccy, you'll find that you're in the minority.

whatever happened between you and your family, it created a bitterness I haven't seen since my own when I was your age. I hope you grow out of yours eventually, like I did mine.

I think you'll find that this forum won't provide an adequate sample of people to ask opinions of, given that 99% of them are all Guardian reading mongoloids :) Why don't you go over to Stormfront and do a little survey to see if blacks are inferior while you're at it? Apparently spending more on them than we spend on everyone's health or children isn't enough. But wait, wait, your mum didn't claim carers allowance, so that proves it.

That's because he's up against a clique. :\

I think you're clever and honest enough to know that asking on this forum isn't going to give you a proper sample. If this forum was representative of wider society in any way drugs would have been legalised 50 years ago.